PDA

View Full Version : DAMN DAMN OFFSETS

s13dummy
01-19-2002, 09:46 AM
Well I got my so called 8.5 in 300zx wheels, that turned out to be nonturbo. I just got them for the rears. I had them powdercoated black too. I put 245/50/ZR16 on the Z wheels. 225/45/ZR16 on the front stock wheels. My suspension rubs in the back whenever I hit a bump. I was told to get 1/4 in wheel spacers, but I cant find any for a 5 lug car. Will this work? or will I have to switch to a smaller tire. I really have my heart sset on the Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's If that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Alex

**DONOTDELETE**
01-19-2002, 09:53 AM
Aah, the saga continues!

This is an S14, right?

It seems as though you have your sizes mixed up... The fronts should be 225/50/16 and the rears should be 245/45/16. Otherwise your rolling diameters are all messed up- too tall in the rear, too short in the front.

Is it possible that having too tall of a rear sidewall is what is causing the bump, rather than an offset issue?

-B

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Senna ]

s13dummy
01-19-2002, 02:27 PM
1 I am really just kidding about my name
2 I put some 11/16 spacers on and it didnt help.
3 I am really pissed that I will have to put 225's on the Z wheels, the same tires that I have on the front.
4 I hate my car. I hate everything I attempt to do to it. I hate the fact that whenever I am just about to do things to my car again I end up getting in a wreck, or someone decides to hit my car, and run off, or I end up getting f u c k ed over by the insurance company, and end up paying for the repairs to my car myself. I hate that I am 3k in debt, and will have to pay that off until I can start modding my car again. In short I hate my bad luck with my car. [/whine]

rextreme
01-19-2002, 02:33 PM
You could give it to me... j/k.... you should do what I do. When bad things happen to me... I just chill and think about it. I say to myself "who cares? my car isn't everything. It's not the end of the world." Works every time. http://www.freshalloy.com/ You could always get some fatter spacers.

NOSTALGIC_HERO
01-19-2002, 02:43 PM
true alex, i've been there, dont sweat it, drive em for a bit and just pay your bills. After a few months, youll be outa debt and rolling on better stock than i have (S13 w/S14 wheels on 205/55/16's) dont feel o bad for yourself!!!

97 S14
01-19-2002, 05:47 PM
Like Senna said you have your tire sizes messed up. 245/45/16 on the rear wheels and 225/50/16 on the front. Are you sure you dont have the rear and front wheels mixed up? It's pretty easy to tell which wheels are the wider and which are the narrower... 99% of the tire shops out there screw it up and mount a wider wheel in the front or a left on the right and vice versa. Look at the face of the wheel from an angle... you'll see how the spokes either dish out ) or dish in ( towards the center caps. If the spokes dish in then that wheel is a rear wheel... and vice versa. They should bolt right up and have no problems.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-19-2002, 10:13 PM
No, the problem isn't that the wheels are mixed up, it's that the actual tires are too big.

You should be able to fit a 235/ series tire on the 7.5" rim; but I don't know what profile...

Your best bet is to buy tires with the correct aspect ratio, and keep shopping for a set of actual 8.5" Z32 TT wheels. Then you'll have a full set of Z wheels, and can use the old stocks for drift tires/ burnout specials/ etc.

In either case, you'll need to unload the 245/50's because they don't really fit. The 225/45 fronts are still a little off, but since they're not calibrated to a speedo or anything, I doubt there's a huge problem using them.

-B

edit: Hey, S14Alex, relax! Messing up tires is a small, fairly easily corrected problem. Don't give up http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Senna ]

s13dummy
01-19-2002, 10:49 PM
OK just to clear things up
I have the two 7.5 inch wide 300zx rims on the rear of my car.
I have 245/50/zr16 tires on the back.
I have the stock 6.5" wide rims on the front
I have 225/45 tires on those.
I think that it may be one of my rear struts could be blown.

Riding in my car, whenever i hit a bump the left rear tire rubs the bottom of the spring. I was told by the guy at Discount Tire that it would rub on the right side as well. I just got out of my car with 2 people on the right side, and only the left tire would rub. I noticed a while ago that the rear left side would squeak in the cold of morning. My ride also seems bumpier now when driving on relativly(SP?) smooth parking lot. I wonder mabey I could solve all my problems with a new strut. The only drawback would be I could never lower my car.

Any help is appreciated greatly

Thanks,
Alex