PDA

View Full Version : sr build input needed please

srdrft
09-01-2005, 05:09 AM
Ok well my goal is to be eventually sitting at 300-350whp.I have been reading through the forums for some time and am thinking of going with the gt2871r .64 housing, but am also kinda thinking of going with the gt28r. I want a turbo with fast spooling capabilities that wonít max itself out before reaching the top end. From everything Iíve been researching, Iíve come to the conclusion that the gt2871r .64 housing will be the best turbo for what Iím aiming for.

My question now, would be what I can do inbetween my current setup and getting the new turbo, that will give me performance now that I can still use when I get my new turbo.

I was thinkingÖÖ.. adjustable fpr / jgy fuel rail / msd 50# injectors / safc II / cometic headgasket / taka stainless turbo lines.

I was also wondering weather the stuff mentioned above would be enough, and would I just be able to bolt on the gt2871r once I get it, and tune it with an safc. Or would I absolutely need a tune? I wanted to wait until I got enough money together near winter time to be able to take out my engine and do the internal build before I installed a standalone or a z32 maf since I was planning on going D-jetro.

My current setup consists of:

Sr20det (redtop)
NGK BKR7EIX-11 Iridium Spark Plugs
AíPEXi N1 Evo exhaust
3in Stainless Testpipe
Stainless Tubular Ehxuast Manifold
3in Stainless Turbo Outlet (Fat O2 Sensor)
Garrett T25 Turbo
HKS Turbo Wastegate Actuator
AíPEXi Intake
300ZX TT Fuel Filter
Greddy FMIC (stock bov mount location tig welded shut)
Greddy ďupperĒ Hotpipe
AíPEXi BNR33 Race Fuel Pump (why the hell is this thing so damn loud?)
AíPEXi AVC-R

TS4l
09-01-2005, 09:22 AM
Your going to have to change your MAF if you want to hit those kind of numbers. If your end goal is around 350 the 550's will be ok, if you plan on more I'd go bigger injectors, and I'd get an Enthalpy tune or a power FC. Go with the 2871 too as you would be really pushing the GT28R just to get even close to your goals. Good luck man.