PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Turbo kit, Emission Test question, please h

Calvary
09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi, I got a 1995 Nissan 240sx. I heard that the Greddy Turbo kit is street legal in all 50 state and some are saying except cali or whatever. I'm from new york. I was thinking of adding the following to my car:
Greddy Turbo kit, Greddy FMIC, AEM Short Ram Intake (they say their intake is 50 state legal or pending), and Apexi Cat N-1 Exhaust system.

I was wondering with this setup, would it pass the New York State Emissions.

If it was to fail, is there a way to make it pass the emissions by doing somethign rather then taking apart the turbo kit and intercooler?

Also if it's legal, can I up the psi and get mroe HP and still make it pass emissions?

I've been spending the last 3 days countless hours trying to find out.
Any help would really be appreciated.
Thanks in advanced

cosmoworks
09-02-2005, 04:28 PM
First off, no need to double post.

I heard that the Greddy Turbo kit is street legal in all 50 state and some are saying except cali or whatever.

Here's what Greddy says on the website regarding the turbo kits for all of the cars: "Many of the kits are covered under CARB E.O. numbers which make them 50-state street legal."

Notice how they say "many"... well that doesn't include the 240SX kit. A quick search on the California ARB (http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php) website verifies this. You may have heard that EO is pending... well they've been saying that for years now and still no number. Chances are it's NOT legal in NY.

I was wondering with this setup, would it pass the New York State Emissions.

It'll pass the CA sniffer test, so most likely would also pass the NY sniffer as well. If NY's has visual inspection, you'll fail just like it would fail visuals here in CA.

Also if it's legal, can I up the psi and get mroe HP and still make it pass emissions?

Your best bet is to disconnect the boost controller when you take it in.

-Cosmo