PDA

View Full Version : JDM 180SX Front Blinkers

Sepp
01-20-2002, 11:24 AM
Does anyone know if there is an alternative to spending the $$$ to import the rectangular JDM front blinkers to fit his Bomex facia? That is, are these used as stock items on any other Nissan product sold in the US? http://www.bomexaero.com/images1/s13/ad405.jpg

JDMRICE
01-20-2002, 02:27 PM
go check out www.jspec.com (http://www.jspec.com)
sam has it in stock i believe

Chance
01-20-2002, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ice240sx:

they are a completely different shape...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, one is shorter and fatter I think, & maybe a little more rounded. The one on the US cars is longer & skinnier with hard edges. So you definately would have to do some cutting and fill in with fiberglass, build up with bondo or resin. I still think a good body work person could do it easily.

Sepp
01-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Tangkei;
Thanks for the info, but it was exactly JSPEC's $140 price tag I was trying to avoid.

KenFuji
01-20-2002, 08:58 PM
if your going to spend money on a bomex bumper, you should do it justice and also purchase a proper light which the bumper was designed for in the first place. please do not ruin the bumper by adding a fog light in there.

Chance
01-21-2002, 12:12 AM
I've often wondered how hard it would be to modify those to fit the '89-'90 turns since they are basically a simple rectangle shape. Shouldn't bee too hard, if your good with fiberglass & a sander. My guess is any good professional body shop should be able to do it.

iceman
01-21-2002, 12:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chance:
I've often wondered how hard it would be to modify those to fit the '89-'90 turns since they are basically a simple rectangle shape. Shouldn't bee too hard, if your good with fiberglass & a sander. My guess is any good professional body shop should be able to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

they are a completely different shape...