PDA

View Full Version : anyone familiar with the HKS honeycomb filter?

kontact
01-20-2002, 08:13 PM
you know the one, i hear that either its really good or its not good, im just curious it seems to be used a lot in Japan. I heard it flows better but maybe it lets too much stuff through or something like that. any help is appreciated. I run the regular K&N that comes with the Injen unit for the 240, it feels good, but i was curious about the HKS wondering if it flows better.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-20-2002, 08:34 PM
Tested by Max Power: Best filter out is the Apexi.

**DONOTDELETE**
01-20-2002, 08:37 PM
You mean that green foam mushroom? I was always told by car enthusiasts that those foam filters cannot stand heat very well and can decompose quickly, especially in a force induction car.

Mav1178
01-20-2002, 09:18 PM
The way I see it is this:

If you have a filter, where you can see through it, or can see spots of light, then it is not a good filter.

An air filter is there to filter out dirt and other particles that may damage the internals of your engine (and turbo, if you have one). The air filter is something I would not go cheap on...

I sold my HKS Super Power Flow a few years back because I realized how crappy it filters.

Run something that filters good and isn't as restrictive as the OE paper filter, but don't run crap filtration for your intake. If you want to run something that filters crappy, you might as well not run a filter...

-alex