PDA

View Full Version : s3 cams w/t25

sleepysil
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
whats up guys, im planning on going to the track with my buddy and is se-r friends.
he has a spare of jim wolf s3 cams and he said that they are interchangeable with my s13 redtop and that he would borrow them to me. i want to know if they will make a difference with my stock t25 at 14psi or if they would probably hurt my performance over the stock cams. the supporting mods are greddy intercooler, greddy bov, greddy hotpipe, greddy catch can, walbro 255, xs mbc set at 14 lbs, bfg's with stock alloys, test pipe with apex gt spec exhaust, rsr downpipe, and safc thats untuned at the moment. with that also said i was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for the safc settings for my seup too. hope im not asking for too much. thanks

Angel
09-10-2005, 05:21 PM
Poke around on sr20forum.com and draw your own conclusions. The fwd guys do this fairly often and seem to like it. It will basically only allow you to make more power at lower boost levels as ultimately you will still max out the comp wheel at about the same level.

bl200sx
09-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I'd say do it, but one thing, the dowel pin that the RWD SR uses is differant than FWD SR, make sure you have the RWD dowel pin before ya switch cams.

steve shadows
09-10-2005, 08:51 PM
i would at least go out to a t28 http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

sleepysil
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
is there any way that i can switch the dowel pin between the stock cam gear and the s3? im going to hopefully change my whole setup over winter to a t3t4 or gt30r top mount setup but i just want to see if it might help my car get better 1/4 times for this year and for a t25,, anybody else out there that would know if its worth it.

Angel
09-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Yes you can remove the dowel from your stock cam and press into the s3. That's what I did, I am running S3's in my redtop and I simply clamped down the oe cam in a vice and yanked out the pin.

is there any way that i can switch the dowel pin between the stock cam gear and the s3? im going to hopefully change my whole setup over winter to a t3t4 or gt30r top mount setup but i just want to see if it might help my car get better 1/4 times for this year and for a t25,, anybody else out there that would know if its worth it.

sleepysil
09-11-2005, 01:09 PM
sounds good to me then, hopefully i can break into the 12s with the cams
http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sleepysil
09-18-2005, 08:47 PM
will i have to retard timing or should i just leave it at stock timing when i install the s3 cams. setup is stock t25, fmic, hotpipe, gt spec exhaust with test pipe, 255 fuel pump, mbc at 14lbs and bov.

Angel
09-19-2005, 09:03 AM
will i have to retard timing or should i just leave it at stock timing when i install the s3 cams. setup is stock t25, fmic, hotpipe, gt spec exhaust with test pipe, 255 fuel pump, mbc at 14lbs and bov.

Set it to 15 degrees as you would normally. It may even be able to take a little more timing up top, but I wouldn't mees with it unless you have some way to determin that it's safe.