PDA

View Full Version : #1 injector sounds like a machine gun???????????

jclark462
09-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Ok, I'm stumped on this one. I need some advice on things to check.

Setup
S14 with Redtop S13sr
Enthalpy Tune
s14 t28
550cc deatchwerks injectors
z32 maf
etc.. and so on.

I think that's all that pertains. Anyways, started my car after work tonight and it runs like crap. It will barely idle, I smell a ton of fuel, smoke pouring out the exhaust just running like dog poo. I open the hood to look around and hear a tick that sounds like a relay that gets shorted and is opening and closing real fast. It's the #1 injector. I unplug the injector harness it goes away. plug it back in same thing? When I unplug the car runs a little better(on 3 cylinders) and the smell of gas goes away.

Please help. Where do I start????

The only thing I thought of checking was the daughterboard on the ecu. But that is in tight.
Any advice is appreciated.

TheRiotHero
09-11-2005, 01:55 AM
replace the injector, continue life as usual.

jclark462
09-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Is that a sign of an injector going bad? I went outside this morning and plugged the ecu back in, and the car started fine. I opened the hood and no machine gun. I even drove the car around the block, it ran perfect?

Thanks for your help

DeatschWerks_Dave
09-12-2005, 06:29 AM
I'm not sure what the problem might have been but if it comes back, send me the injector and I will check it out and replace it if necessary.

dave

jclark462
09-12-2005, 07:00 AM
Thanks. If it happens again I'll let you know. Hopefully it doesn't, this is my daily driver. Sending out an injector means I'm without my car.