PDA

View Full Version : HUD guage cluster????

**DONOTDELETE**
01-21-2002, 10:34 AM
Could I put the guage cluster from the hud 240 in a analog guage cluster. I would think that the hook ups in the back are similar or the same. I just want the digital speedo, i dont really care about the actual hud. Has anyone swaped these guage clusters?

Thanks,
Phil

**DONOTDELETE**
01-21-2002, 04:41 PM
anyone????

bgindn
01-21-2002, 04:57 PM
You cannot simply plug in the HUD into the analog gauge cluster. You need to get the HUD/digital gauge cluster and then you can "plug" in the HUD in the back. Hope that helps.

harp

SuperHatch
01-21-2002, 05:01 PM
I think you misunderstood him bgindn, I think he DOES NOT want the HUD and he DOES want the cluster with the Digital Speedo and the center mounted tach. If this is true, then I can tell you from experience in my 89 Coupe that it does not work. I needed a 91-93 cluster for compatibility with my SR20, so I got a cluster from the local wrecking yard, but they got me a digital one when I had no HUD. I tried to plug it in and none of the plugs worked, and there were actually different types of plugs on the HUD Cluster. So I exchanged it for the analog unit and stuck with that. Hate to burst your bubble.

- Steve