PDA

View Full Version : Stock side markers to blink?

projectsilvia
01-22-2002, 02:01 PM
are you talking about the bumper side markers? if so, i do not believe its possible onthe US spec due to that its a singal filament bulb, and the bulbs required to have it lit and flash when turned signal is activated would require a dual filament bulb. you can wire it to stay off, until you turn on your turn signals, but again, you will loose the ability that it stays lit when you have your parking lamps on. if you do have a dual filament bumb 194, which i doubt, you would need a dual filament socket, which have 3 wires, one wire is ground, one is constant voltage, and the other is voltage upon activation (constant voltage would be wired from your parking lamps, and voltage upon activation would be wired from your turn signal lamps... just splice a wire along.. hope this helps

Mav1178
01-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Very simple.

Cut your ground wire for the sidemarker, tap that into the power wire for the front turn signal (NOT parking light), and tape up.

That's it.

I've ran like this for the past 4 years.

-alex

blacksr
01-22-2002, 03:45 PM
tap it into the power wire? not the ground?

01-22-2002, 03:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blacksr:
tap it into the power wire? not the ground?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It won't do anything different if you just ground it to ground.

Asad

blacksr
01-22-2002, 04:22 PM
if you ground it to the blinker it doesn't do anything different? ok.

JG180sx
01-23-2002, 12:13 AM
Does any one know how to wire or what not the stock side markers on a 90 240 to blink like aftermarkets? http://www.freshalloy.com/

-Jo