PDA

View Full Version : where's the dimmer switch wiring?

SimpleS14
01-23-2002, 07:55 AM
I probably worded the other topic incorrectly, but I got indiglo gauges for my 95 SE. I've been looking around for any tips on installing these gauges. So far i find alot, but one thing. Where do i find the wiring for the dimmer switch, so i can use it for my power source?

AZ_Dave
01-23-2002, 08:05 AM
There should be a rocker switch down on the left side of the steering wheel. You could run some parallel wires to power your guages.

chris@speedalliance.com
01-23-2002, 09:17 AM
I thought the dimmer was incorporated in with the actuall gauges. All you need to do is make them light up! Then dimming is done by a knob that was supplied with the gauges.

Chris

SimpleS14
01-23-2002, 10:21 AM
How can i get to another source of power. Such as the power that lights up a/c unit, also when i turn on my corner lights (not my headlights) my guage will light up.

Get what i mean?

SilviaDET
01-23-2002, 10:35 AM
well this may sound like an easy answer, or their might be a very good reason not to do this, but when you pull the trim peice around the gauge cluster off tap into the dimmer switch harness right there at the switch.

or if you want to dig deeper, the parking light wire coming off of the stering colunm in the main bundle is a blue and red wire, test the wire with a voltmeter with parking lights on and off though because their are 2 blue and red wires there. one for the parking lights and the other for the left front headlight.

also by blue and red i think i remember correctly that it is red with a blue stripe

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: SilviaDET ]

chris@speedalliance.com
01-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Here's some info...
all you need is a test light or voltmeter.

On the back of your cluster you should be able to tap into the power right there. Just use the voltmeter to see if you get power at a certain point when you turn on the parking lights.

I guess it's easier for me since i'm an electrical engineer...but if you wanna talk...hit me up on AIM: vngo2

Chris