PDA

View Full Version : Who is running a GT3040R?

harlock_ssx
11-13-2005, 10:42 PM
I am about to buy one of these, after doing a lot of research on larger ball bearing turbos for my SR. Currently I am running a GT25R (.86, actuated) & want more than an actuated turbo will support. I have a top mount manifold & wastegate just waiting to go in. My question is how much are most guys with this turbo actually putting to the ground, also how responsive is it? I'm probably going with the .82AR version as I want more top end flow. My goal is 500 Rwhp. I have all the supporting equipment to do this, given the proper turbo (cams, intake, tuning ability, transmission, clutch, etc.). My only other concern is my fuel pump, I'm running a Walbro 255 & will most likely ad another inline pump, like a Vortech T-Rex. Any info or tips are appreciated!

Here's a pic of the current combo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/harlockssx/180front.jpg

hybridynamics
11-13-2005, 11:51 PM
i used to run one on my car. i like the GT35r we have on our one car now a lot more. i think the spoolup is a little nicer and more overall potential with the 35r vs. the 3040. if you're not looking for an all out drag car, go with the .63 a/r on the 35r, spool up at about 4800 and we still were able to get 540 hp at 28 psi.

_Def_
11-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Off topic - but where did you get the driver's side headlight cover with a NACA duct?

I've looked everywhere for one and never found a source, but know they obviously exist.

harlock_ssx
11-14-2005, 02:55 AM
Off topic - but where did you get the driver's side headlight cover with a NACA duct?

I've looked everywhere for one and never found a source, but know they obviously exist.

Ebay...they come up periodically

killjoy
11-17-2005, 05:27 PM
I ran the .63 3040 for awhile. I would opt for the 35r like Jason said. Even Scott says they will make more power and spoolup quicker.

harlock_ssx
11-19-2005, 10:00 PM
Well, it sounds like a GT35R is in my near future! You guys think the .63 AR is the way to go for responsiveness? I wonder how much it will truly support in terms of peak rwhp?