PDA

View Full Version : SR ran fine, now no start!

Slider
11-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, I recently did my SR swap and everything was running very well. Over a few days, I noticed it became hard to start....hot or cold. Now its setting out in my driveway and no start at all, just cranks and cranks and may give a little putt every now and then. Did a compression, came out good. I am getting fuel, spark, timing was set...so it hasnt changed. I checked the ignition wire (orange) and everything was fine. It always ran rough when it was cold....cams, greddy plenum...also with enthalpy tune....so that zeros out tuned problems. But once the car got to temperature....it was great. I was wondering, what other problems could it be....bad ignitor, MAF....I do not know what sensors should effect it so bad that it will not even start, any help? thanks

Glenn
11-18-2005, 06:03 PM
In my own case like yours, my MAF died.

Slider
11-20-2005, 06:29 PM
Yesterday I swapped a known good MAF and still no start. I removed spark plugs and cleaned with a wire brush, and boom....it started. I ran it for 5 minutes and I then turned it off. Well today I go and try to start it up.....same situation...wont start. The plugs are all new and are gapped at 28. Whats the deal?

Ovrated
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
check down in the cylinders to see if there is gas leaking past the o rings.

or

try to start it like normal. then unplug the injectors, and try to start it again. that will tell you if there is too much fuel being sprayed into the cyl..

are there any codes on the ecu?

steve shadows
11-22-2005, 03:50 PM
what about the fuel pump?

Slider
11-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Fuel pump is good and I can hear it prime....builds 40lbs of pressure. New o-rings on injectors, checked...no leaks. The engine does run a little rich at idle, but not were the engine will not start. Also, no codes thrown.....im confused. Possible bad ECT? Or just bad plugs?

steve shadows
11-23-2005, 02:03 PM
just go get some new plugs they are cheap, just grap some new bosh and gap them.

get back to us.