PDA

View Full Version : s13 vrs 14 turbo

sexy240
01-28-2002, 01:28 PM
The turbo I am looking at buying is coming off an s13 KA24DE. will I have any problems fitting this to my 97 s14?. just didnt know if there would be clearance isues for piping or for the manafold and the steering column. give any details you might know

ringer
01-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Well I so happens I have both a 97 and a 91 coupe http://www.freshalloy.com/. My 97 is getting her turbo at the moment. Clearances for the turbo should be ok on both. But the pipe routing for the IC is probably going to need some work. If you give me specifics as to how the piping is routed I can compare both cars and give you some idea. But I wouldn't say it is a going to be a direct bolt in. The kit going in to my 97 is an fmax from a 95. I had to make some custom IC mounts among other small things to get it to fit.

-Matt

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: uuninja ]

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: uuninja ]

sexy240
01-28-2002, 01:58 PM
sory I cant look at it unless I drive 45 min. I am mostly worried about the manifold. if the manifold clears then I can have the rest custom fabed.

01-28-2002, 02:25 PM
The manifold will fit any DOHC KA. Things you need to look out for are:

-Clearance between the turbo and the master cylinder

-Depending on how the manifold is designed, you may need to remove the AIV system (which is mounted on the driver's side shock tower).

-The downpipe (turbine outlet) will be different for an S13, assuming the turbo kit was designed to bolt up to an S14's close-coupled catalys.

-the IC piping will probably need to be modified, as uuninja said.

Asad