PDA

View Full Version : CAster Camber

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 09:22 AM
Hey everyone,

I just installed the eibach prokits with tokiko struts and i went to check my alignment at work yesterday and it showed that my camber was way negative in the back and caster was negative on the front left wheel....I already put in a camber kit for the front but the rear adjustments are maxed out and i read at -2.2 degrees on rear camber for the left and right rear wheels..what can i do about the rear wheels and the front caster.. any suggestions?? thanks for the help http://www.freshalloy.com/

Mav1178
01-29-2002, 10:20 AM
For the rear wheels, you have one of three options:

1) slot rear upper arm. cheapest fix, but also the worst fix.

2) get eccentric camber bushings..

3) get adjustable rear upper arms.

For the front, caster is only adjustable if you get adjustable tension rods.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
01-29-2002, 09:27 PM
caster is supposed to be negative, as far as i remember. the more negative the better. if you have positive caster it implies the steering axis is leaning FORWARD like on a shopping cart wheel.

Mav1178
01-29-2002, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mwreck:
caster is supposed to be negative, as far as i remember. the more negative the better. if you have positive caster it implies the steering axis is leaning FORWARD like on a shopping cart wheel.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aah yes.

Forgot to add that your caster should be set back to factory specs. Don't have my FSM right now (it's in about 20 pieces on my garage floor), but put it back to factory spec. Don't worry about it being positive/negative...

You only really need the adjustable tension rod if you need to straighten out your suspension, or if you are adjusting it to fine-tune your car's handling. Other than that, it's really not needed.

-alex