PDA

View Full Version : pfc datalogit users please look!!!!!!!!

JRODS_240
02-05-2006, 02:56 PM
In my quest to learn the settings from the power fc,i have a screen shot of the settings 3. My question for those of you
who are using and have knowledge of this software; when and how do you use these settings.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/jrod240/c6af1f4f.jpg (http://)

at this point the only thing i've done is select z32 maf; but nothing else.

Those who have knowledge of tuning please advise on how or when to use this setting http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif

thank you

dryft_s15
02-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Map Reference: Air Flow/RPM
You change these when you need to adjust the default scaling that the Power FC uses. In some cases, you may want finer control at a specific RPM, so you change around the scale to suit, or, if you rev to 9000+ rpm, you can include those RPM points.

If you're maxing out the default load values, you can also change that scaling.

Air Flow
self explanatory. You select the MAF you have. The 8 values from 0.64V to 5.12V let you apply a MAF voltage correction. You'd use it to do a rough correction to compensate for air filter nuances and placements.

Airflow curve
This lets you define a totally new airflow meter response curve, or really fine tune an existing one. Every MAF measures a little differently based on where it's placed and how it's oriented. Each of the 32 values in it are what's used by the Power FC to figure out what load you're in based on the voltage the MAF outputs, and so calculate the proper target air/fuel ratio specified in the INJ map.

You shouldn't play with these unless you're sure of what you're doing.

edit: if you tweak the settings on this page properly, your target AFR specified in the INJ map will be spot on, making it a lot easier to tune your fuel map. The only other setting that could throw your target AFR off would be the injector size and lag time settings.

JRODS_240
02-05-2006, 07:07 PM
thanks drift for your detailed answer. i guess i'll concentrate on the accel map and inj map for now http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/confused.gif http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/cool.gif thanks very much !!!!!

Water
03-01-2006, 09:22 AM
I have a quick questin for you PFC/datalogit users...do you have to have a commander or will it work without one? Thanks.

dryft_s15
03-01-2006, 09:39 AM
It'll work fine without it.

Water
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
Rawk, thanks!!! http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JRODS_240
06-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Map Reference: Air Flow/RPM
You change these when you need to adjust the default scaling that the Power FC uses. In some cases, you may want finer control at a specific RPM, so you change around the scale to suit, or, if you rev to 9000+ rpm, you can include those RPM points.

If you're maxing out the default load values, you can also change that scaling.

Air Flow
self explanatory. You select the MAF you have. The 8 values from 0.64V to 5.12V let you apply a MAF voltage correction. You'd use it to do a rough correction to compensate for air filter nuances and placements.

Airflow curve
This lets you define a totally new airflow meter response curve, or really fine tune an existing one. Every MAF measures a little differently based on where it's placed and how it's oriented. Each of the 32 values in it are what's used by the Power FC to figure out what load you're in based on the voltage the MAF outputs, and so calculate the proper target air/fuel ratio specified in the INJ map.

You shouldn't play with these unless you're sure of what you're doing.

edit: if you tweak the settings on this page properly, your target AFR specified in the INJ map will be spot on, making it a lot easier to tune your fuel map. The only other setting that could throw your target AFR off would be the injector size and lag time settings.
I have been playing with the datalogit on settings #3 and i've noticed that
my intended afr on the inj map is not what i see on the w/b o2.

For example:

below p15 across the table i have a target afr of 11.5:1 which is 1.281(as it reads on the commander); but the w/b o2 reads 10.5:1(super rich).

Some of the people i've talked to, sugest i use the 32 voltage point to obtain the intended afr; others sugest i decrease the amount of fuel using
the inj map.

If i use the inj map i have to lower the settings down to like 1.19 or 1.20 to obtain the 11.5:1 afr.. If you use the formula to calculate the apex afr of
1.00=14.7 then 1.19 gives you an intended afr of 12.3 12.2 aprox.

For those of you who used the 32 voltage point on the datalogit how do you use it?

What do the numbers represent below each voltage point?

what happens if increase or the decrease the number on the 32 voltage point?

thank you for your help!!!!!
:confused:

dryft_s15
06-18-2006, 10:22 PM
before you change the 32 point maf curve, be absolutely sure of 2 things:
1. no mechanical issues e.g. fuel pressure, intake leaks, etc
2. that your injector settings are correct: % setting and lag time.

the numbers represent arbitrary units of air that the PFC uses to calculate a final load value. the final load value dictates how much fuel should be injected.

it's going to be very difficult to get the target afr accurate across the entire map. you'll need to make a few runs, datalog the maf voltage with AFR, and then adjust the appropriate point on the curve.

if e.g. you make a run and your maf voltage is 4.000, your target afr is 11.5, and your actual afr is 11.0, you need to adjust the value at 4.000V down by about 5% and check again. The difficulty comes in when the logged maf v is inbetween 2 points on the curve.

I only bothered to get mine close enough to be predictable, but it's off in a few places by about 0.5 AFR. It's pretty much spot on at lower loads though.

jetdriver
06-21-2006, 01:18 PM
What does option "2. Power" refer to on the maf selection? Just curious.

XSDAILO
06-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Option 2 refers to Apex's Power Intake. Typically when a cotton cone type air filter is added, the air tends to travel on the outside of the air flow meter and not through the wire. Using a cone filter will change the voltage readings of the MAF.