PDA

View Full Version : Rich as hell!! Help

lhoy12
02-14-2006, 12:23 AM
Alright guys/gals, I just got my SR in and running, but its running WAY rich. For example after about 15 min. of idling the plugs are so carbon fouled its tough to keep the car running. With fresh new plugs it won't rev past 6000 rpm's and when you rev any higher. Timing is set at 15*BTDC using the 2nd notch from the right method. The injectors aren't leaking, I pulled the fuel rail already and checked that. I have a Nismo adj. FPR set at 36 psi @ idle/vacuum. Also when I rev it, I hear no release from my BOV, usually even while revving at idle, it will give a psshhh. I have checked my hose clamps for leaks with the carb cleaner test, but I don't have an actual tester I can hook up to my compressor to test for leaks. I just can't figure out what is causing it to dump so much fuel that within 15 minutes of idling/light revving the plugs are so fouled the car won't even idle. if anyone has any ideas please let me know ASAP I'm dying to get this car on the road!

SR_S14Zenki
02-14-2006, 12:50 AM
blow smoke at all? your ECU didnt used to be a tuned one did it(most likely a sticker on it)? if you have a SAFC do you have the right IN and OUT settings? Before anyone else says anythin give some more info on the car...what SR is it and what mods etc...

lhoy12
02-14-2006, 02:22 AM
Its an S13 with S13 Blacktop, T25, 3" Turbo-Back, K&N cone filter, smic for now, Adj. FPR, sr maf, I don't have an SAFC, the ecu has no signs of modification,it doesn't blow smoke perse as in hg or ring problems, just runs rich as hell.

DeatschWerks_Dave
02-14-2006, 06:46 AM
Is the nut that holds your main wiring harness onto your ECu good and tight? Loose harness can cause asimilar problems.
Also, Try unplugging the maf and see if there is a change for the better. If there is, your MAF could be bad.

ItzGenX
02-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Check the MAF and TPS.

champa
02-14-2006, 09:13 AM
sure you don't have a boost leak?

make sure the tps is wired/pinned correctly.

lhoy12
02-14-2006, 10:29 AM
the main harness is bolted tightly, I have 2 mafs both have correct voltage going to them, I will check TPS today, can anyone explain how to make a leak tester I can use with my air compressor?

TS4l
02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I did it with an air compressor and a funnel. Undo the piping near the turbo, place a funnel in the silicone coupler and take a line from the air compressor and force it into the funnel. Turn the air on and listen, very simple. I would get a freind to help that way he can hold it and you can listen to places you can't reach while still holding on. Its might seem like a ghetto leak tester but it works great. Good luck.

slivic
02-14-2006, 12:38 PM
What about the 02 sensor? I remember reading it has to be a certain one for the blacktop. Correct me if I am wrong.

TS4l
02-14-2006, 01:41 PM
A bad 02 sensor usually won't make it crazy rich. Have you driven the car? A blacktop should have the fat type 02 sensor. The 02 sensor isn'tr always used by the ECU and I would doubt that is your problem.

SR_S14Zenki
02-14-2006, 02:38 PM
is your IACV hooked up? I found out mine wasnt hooked up to the IC piping when i was troubleshooting mine...