PDA

View Full Version : XS turboed 240 experts * update w/ questions

JaySpec7
02-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Ok.
I've been working w/ my friend (turboS14 on this board) who has a 97 240sx and finally have it installed and running, but I have a couple of questions...

We have no boost gauge at the moment (still in the mail) but here are some things we noticed..

What's the break in period? or is there even one?

Why does it stall when I come to a stop? I'm thinking it's the HKS bypass valve not closing right away or some kind of idle control. there are no vacuum leaks or engine codes.

How is the boost curve? I hear the wastegate come on around 3500 rpm..

I know i have a couple more questions.. but i'm blanking out right now.. lol

Please.. any suggestions will help!!

Thanks!!

'97 S14 SE Turbo
02-01-2002, 03:45 PM
like I replied on another post, get a can of carb/throttle body cleaner and go to town on the throttle body and the Idle air adjuster valve (small tube to the bottom right of the throttle body).

**DONOTDELETE**
02-01-2002, 03:46 PM
XS claims there is no break-in period.

02-01-2002, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JaySpec7:

How is the boost curve? I hear the wastegate come on around 3500 rpm..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds about right. SCC's dyno charts for their NSport kit showed 6 psi at ~4000 RPM, so it would make sense that it would start opening slightly earlier.

Asad

dsc
02-01-2002, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S13Grl:
XS claims there is no break-in period.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Eibach says their springs don't settle...