PDA

View Full Version : Please help SR & POWER FC D-JETRO PROBLEM

slow180
02-20-2006, 12:02 PM
well here is the dellima. i have been building my sr for the past 5 months and i get done and got to start it and it cranks but wont start. i installed a 2.2 stroker and broke that in with the stock head. then removed the head and put a hks 2mm head gasket, arp head studs, hks cams, valves and springs, 850cc injectors, ngk heat range 8 plugs, greddy intake manifold, phoenix turbo manifold with garrett gt35r turbo and a Apex Power-fc D-Jetro. now i go to start it and it just cranks and cranks but wont start. i was thinking it may have something to do with the power fc d-jetro, the cam anlge sensor, the timing chain, or the cam timing. i did the correction values for the injectors and even upped the timing a lil for the ngk's. but still no go. i did see a setting on the power fc for cranking injectors but have no idea what to set it to and no idea how to read the japanese manual. if anyone on here knows of anything that i can do or has had this problem before, your help would be greatly appriciated

TS4l
02-20-2006, 12:24 PM
First place I would start is see if the injectors are firing and see if you have spark. I'd also check compression, it will be lower since the engine is cold but make sure you have all three requirements for an engine to run. If you do then you need to figure out your A/F ratio and see if that is good, and look at your timing. I'd start by checking for spark,fuel and compression. Then reprt back and we can help if you find anything or recomend where to go from there.

Sounds like it will be a very nice setup once you get the bugs worked out. http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SRFiveTen
02-20-2006, 04:01 PM
it cranks but wont start.

what do you have for boost control?
you can access an unfinished fc commander navigation guide from my profile.
there is a section covering selection of boost control option via fc commander.

slow180
02-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Im using the blitz SBC-ID3 for boost control. also i do have spark and fuel.

SRFiveTen
02-25-2006, 02:33 PM
web page (http://www.members.aol.com/SRFiveTen/pages/FUNCTION.htm)