PDA

View Full Version : Knock Sensor Question

forcefedS13
02-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Ive spent an hour on the search, so i believe that qualifies me to post this topic. Ive asked this before but never got an answer.

I have no wiring going to my knock sensor. ZERO, NONE ZILCH.

I bought the harness spliced already for the swap. And there was no connection for the knock sensor. I called the company who did the splice and they said i wouldnt need it. That is unheard of.

Its an S13 SR20 Blacktop
E5 ECU

Im sure this may play a role in an enthalpy tune. I'd hate to get the tune and the motor not run right because of this.

RDM_II
02-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Not sure how Scott does his tune, but the JWT setups eliminate the knock sensor completely. You might ask him about that.
As far as the wiring being gone, have you checked directly at the ECU? They may have just cut the lead short somewhere in the harness and you can extend it back outside and add a sensor.

Flybert
02-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Knock sensor works with my Enthalpy tune. I monitor it with my SAFC2. It's priceless.

SR_S14Zenki
02-21-2006, 03:32 AM
yeah my harness was done by wiring specialties and for some reason it wasnt wired in either...i ended up wiring it in cause i kept pulling a code 34 and i was trying to troubleshoot my car...

forcefedS13
02-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Thats exactly the code im popping...34. Im not sure if that has anything to do with the problems ive been having though.

Ive been driving the car with the harness for a year, and all of a sudden...problems. The Knock sensor wasnt wired in before, so i dont know why it would cause a problem now.