PDA

View Full Version : Trust = Greddy?



**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2002, 10:12 AM
alright i was just looking at body kits and i was browsing around takakaira.com and i found a company called trust and it's line of body kits were "GRacer" which is the same as GReddy's line of body kits i also noticed that this is also cheaper...is it just a rip-off? is it the same quality as GReddy's? Thanks http://www.freshalloy.com/

abailey269
02-04-2002, 10:16 AM
Hmm. My Dowpipe has both a TRUST and a Greddy label on it so i would suspect that they are one in the same.

-Aubrey

JDMRICE
02-04-2002, 10:18 AM
Trust ==> Japan
Greddy ==> USA

02-04-2002, 10:19 AM
Gracer is a Trust brand name, like GReddy and Grex.

They're all the same company: Trust.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2002, 10:22 AM
thanks for clearin that up for me guys... http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2002, 06:08 PM
I haven't checked it lately, but I remember the Greddy website used to show their aero kits under the "Gracer" section. Gracer is just the subname or subdivision of Trust's aero kit department.

On an interesting side note, I remember Trust made two different set of front upper strut bars. Grex were the cheaper ones. And I don't remember the more expensive version name.

White_240sx
02-04-2002, 06:48 PM
Isn't it:

Gracer = Great Racer
Grex = Great Rex
Greddy = Great Eddy

And all of which are colorful metaphors for the line of products for each brand?

Jhapa
02-04-2002, 07:25 PM
Greddy is Trust and Trust is Greddy. they are the same, Trust changed the name to Greddy when they came to US market.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Greddy is the US front for Trust, similar to Lexus for Toyota, and Datsun for Nissan. Trust sounds cooler to me http://www.freshalloy.com/

03
02-05-2002, 12:16 AM
NO to everyone that thinks GReddy is just a front name for Trust in the US.

the GReddy name is also used in Japan.

asad has it right, Gracer, GReddy and Grex, as well as The Trust are all Trust brands.

Just look at the second ad in HyperRev v.49 (Silvia no.3) it's a Trust 2 page spread.

240sxer
02-05-2002, 01:19 AM
yeah i was looking at the gracer kits(97+) and it looks almost like a stock jdm silvia bumper(or is it just a lip??)... and its only 176.. compared to a 450.... does anyone have pictures of the kit on a 240sx with the se side skirts? i wanna see how well it matches.. thanks

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: 240sxer ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 01:30 AM
Datsun was not a front name for Nissan in the United States. They were a seperate company that was bought out and eventually taken over by Nissan I thought. Hence the early 80's Nissan AND Datsun NAME BADGES on some cars. I actually new a guy that got pulled over because the cop said he COULD NOT have TWO Company Manufacturers Names on his car. He was like "Dude it is the SAME Company!" Anyways, I don't think Datsun was just an American Counterpart to Nissan.

However with Trust/Greddy I personally would have rather seen Trust products over here being sold (Name just sounds cooler to me) http://www.freshalloy.com/

Tim '95 SE

02-05-2002, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240fluke:
Datsun was not a front name for Nissan in the United States. They were a seperate company that was bought out and eventually taken over by Nissan I thought.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, that's not true...Nissan decided to use the Datsun name when it entered the U.S. market so that if it didn't do well, it wouldn't have a negative impact on the Nissan brand name.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>
Hence the early 80's Nissan AND Datsun NAME BADGES on some cars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's because Nissan decided to switch to "Nissan" in the U.S., but they couldn't just switch them because nobody knew what the heck a "Nissan" was -- hence, the dual badging, to build brand awareness.

Asad

Grumpy
02-05-2002, 07:32 AM
Funny thing is, the name Greddy came from the name "Great Eddy". The guy that looks like Mario on the Option mags. He does all of the crazy RX-7's.

Any ways, he was making his own stuff and Trust asked him to team up with them. Thats where Greddy came from. After a couple of years he left and went back to his own shop. I forgot the name of the shop... sorry

Grumpy www.mckinneymotorsports.com (http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com)

mrmephistopheles
02-05-2002, 07:37 AM
Holy lurker, batman!

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grumpy:
Funny thing is, the name Greddy came from the name "Great Eddy". The guy that looks like Mario on the Option mags. He does all of the crazy RX-7's.

Any ways, he was making his own stuff and Trust asked him to team up with them. Thats where Greddy came from. After a couple of years he left and went back to his own shop. I forgot the name of the shop... sorry

Grumpy www.mckinneymotorsports.com (http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hypercarrots
02-05-2002, 07:50 AM
it's just a lip. the gracer front lip for the later model S14 does not work with a 240SX front bumper.

you can use the gracer front lip for the early model S14 on a 95-96 240SX.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 240sxer:
yeah i was looking at the gracer kits(97+) and it looks almost like a stock jdm silvia bumper(or is it just a lip??)... and its only 176.. compared to a 450.... does anyone have pictures of the kit on a 240sx with the se side skirts? i wanna see how well it matches.. thanks

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: 240sxer ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grumpy:
Funny thing is, the name Greddy came from the name "Great Eddy". The guy that looks like Mario on the Option mags. He does all of the crazy RX-7's.

Any ways, he was making his own stuff and Trust asked him to team up with them. Thats where Greddy came from. After a couple of years he left and went back to his own shop. I forgot the name of the shop... sorry

Grumpy www.mckinneymotorsports.com (http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Eddy in Great Eddy refers to a large, violent current, as of water or air, moving contrary to the direction of the main current, especially in a circular motion. The person you are referring to is Amemiya... of RE (Rotary Engines) Amemiya. He was a famous graphic and product designer before getting into cars full-time.

Demon

Grumpy
02-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Yep thats him. I totally forgot his name. I remember the RX-7 that got him famous. A Wide body high HP Lime green 7. I couldn't stand the car. I remember seeing it up at Fuji speedway playing around when I was racing motorcycles.

Don't like last years TAS car either. The pink RX-7.

Grumpy www.mckinneymotorsports.com (http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com)

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 11:28 AM
Oh, so he's the one responsible for those headlight creations for the RX7 which use H3 foglights for headlights? Ahh..

http://www.freshalloy.com/

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Demon:


The Eddy in Great Eddy refers to a large, violent current, as of water or air, moving contrary to the direction of the main current, especially in a circular motion. The person you are referring to is Amemiya... of RE (Rotary Engines) Amemiya. He was a famous graphic and product designer before getting into cars full-time.

Demon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>