View Full Version : Plastic Centering Rings

03-20-2001, 06:47 AM
Ahh spring is upon us, and I can't wait to get my summer tires on my car. (Actually I can't wait to get my car back, some guy ran into it 3 weeks ago, and I should finally have it back today)

I was looking at my rims the other day and noticed that one of the plastic centering rings is cracked. I'm going to replace it but couldn't help wondering what these things actually do, and could I get away without putting them on?

03-20-2001, 08:36 AM
Do U mean the center plastic cap? The caps protect the out hub from dirt and debris. Not too major a detail as the hub is sealed pretty good. More cosmetic than a real problem. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Hmmm a 99 4dr SE with the 2.0. Nice. They only came with a 5spd stick, right?

03-20-2001, 08:48 AM

The rings that I'm talking about are on the inside of the rim. It looks like it's supposed to center my aftermarket rims on the car, but if this is what it's really doing, why plastic?

Yeah it's a 4 dr, 2.0l 5 speed and I love it. I'm pretty sure that they came in automatic. I just want it back, I know it's just a Sentra, but it's my Sentra and I've been stuck with an automatic Chevy Cavalier for the past 3 weeks...

03-20-2001, 06:48 PM
The rings you are refering to are to help center the rim when installing,but the wheel nuts when tightened properly will do the final centering because as you know the nuts are tapered. http://www.freshalloy.com/

03-21-2001, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the info FLASSH.