PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Robert Chen

NOSTALGIC_HERO
02-05-2002, 06:15 AM
my mail server has not been allowing me to send mail out to here is my e-mail to ya:

Robert, ok I have gotten started with this project, but have run into a problem, when building this, I am assuming that they have an aluminum (or hard material) intake (from MAFS to turbo) where they can install an aluminum AN fitting (3/8 NPT thread) So.. for the sake of ease for people that want to install this, I am going to give TWO versions of the installation. Here is the firsh one…….

Installation I (with aluminum intake tube between MAFS and Turbo inlet)

Parts list
-------------

1. 1 ea. Greddy Catch can (9mm openings)
2. 6 ea. 3/8NPT / -6 adapters (part# 816-6-6d)
3. 3 ea. -6 straight fittings (part# 800106)
4. 2 ea. -6 45deg fittings (part# 804606)
5. 1 ea. -6 90deg fitting (part# 809106)
6. 4 feet -6 perform-o-flex (or auto flex)
7. 3/8” NPT tap.
8. 2 feet 1”x1”x1/8” aluminum angle
9. 4 ea. 10mm x 40mm long standard Nissan bolts
10. 4 ea. 10mm nuts and washers
11. 1 suitable drill bit to large enough to make holes for the bolts to fit through (around 5/16”)

Installation
----------------

1. gather materials and open greddy catch tank
2. Take the catch tank apart (with hex bolts)
3. take the top of the tank (square end piece w/ greddy logo and insert tap into existing threaded holes)
4. tap out holes to near the end of the tap (pipe thread gets wider the further you tap)
5. drill with a ½” drill bit between the two holes and on center of the piece. Thread as well
6. you should have three 3/8npt threaded holes on the top of the tank.
7. (instructions will be visual for the hole location on the tank sides)
8. insert three of the 3/8NPT/ -6 adapters into your newly tapped holes
9. take the aluminum angle stock and cut down to a 11.5” length.
10. (instructions will be visual for the hole location on the aluminum angle)
11. with the holes matching insert two of the 10x40mm bolts and secure the tank to the aluminum angle (instructions will be visual)
12. secure the assy with the 10mm nuts and washers, tighten down to 8-10 ft-lbs
13. with assy secured, top of tank (Facing hood) should read “greddy” , mount flat end facing throttle body side and orificed end facing turbo side
14. install hex screws and complete construction of tank (including vertical sight guage)
15. with tank fully assembled, mount the tank and bracket to the valve cover holes (instructions will be visible)
16. Now, cut XXXCm for piece 1, (need to measure!! sorry), XXX Cm for piece 2, and XXX Cm of SS flex tubing for piece 3.
17. take piece 1 and connect 1 45deg fitting and the 90deg fitting to it
18. take piece 2 and connect 1 45 deg fitting and 1 straight fitting
19. take piece 3 and connect 1 straight fittings to both sides
20. Now with your aluminum/steel/ hard plastic intake tube, thread w/the 3/8 tap and install a 3/8NPT/-6 adapter
21. Remove valve cover and procede to remove “T” fitting from the side of the cover.
22. with the “T” removed, take the ½” drill bit and drill into the opening, drill deep enough so that the 3/8NPT tap can make sufficient threads in the hole. (CAUTION: this is VERY DELICATE!! – try not to get shards into the breather passage, also the “T” fitting sits off center from the cast boss, so when drilling and tapping, take care not to break out of the boss side)
23. use 3/8NPT tap and tap the valve cover, when complete, vacuum out VERY thoroughly
24. install last 3/8NPT/-6 adapter
25. with valve cover back on top of the engine, and the intake pipe installed, connect tubes
26. tighten with aluminum earls wrenches, or carefully use a non marring adjustable crescent wrench and tighten the fittings up ( does not take much to make a tight seal so DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!!)

Ok, Robert, the second half (the alternative) I will have done tomorrow after I take a look at how the original piping setup is ( I have a Pulsar GTi-R turbo w/ custom 2.5” aluminum tubing for the inlet so the instructions will show mine) Also , I will make amendments to the installation (like using certain parts that have thread on thel already to save money on parts)

http://www.coursevector.com/silvia/images/silvia/silvia52.jpg

as soon as i can get my stupid e-mail to work i will send the updated pics and the updated parts list!!

ok, lates

estevan

irocsx2002
02-05-2002, 02:49 PM
damn estevan, i love you engine bay...so damn clean

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 03:02 PM
That engine bay is a work of art

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Ok, I feel really silly asking this, but what exactly is that? Is it just an aftermarket oil catch? I've seen a few SR20DET engines installed, and it didn't look like they had all that stuff out front.

It looks really nice overall.

-B

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Senna ]

StealthmodeS14
02-05-2002, 03:50 PM
It is an oil catch can made by Greddy...look close http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Do stock motors have anything?

Why did it require so much fabrication? Was it not intended for that motor?

edit: I've gone and done my internet homework, and understand more about catch cans now.

-B

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Senna ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-05-2002, 04:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Senna:
Do stock motors have anything?

Why did it require so much fabrication? Was it not intended for that motor?

edit: I've gone and done my internet homework, and understand more about catch cans now.

-B

[ 02-05-2002: Message edited by: Senna ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the stock SR has a smaller black catch can near the back of the motor just above the exhaust maniofold

projectsilvia
02-05-2002, 08:00 PM
LOL eSTEVAN... ok, thats a good way to get my attention....

Jhapa
02-05-2002, 08:09 PM
drooooooooooooooooooool http://www.freshalloy.com/

irocsx2002
02-05-2002, 09:02 PM
cant beat the skyline blue! lol http://www.freshalloy.com/