PDA

View Full Version : 240SX engine. please verify this

danman
02-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Ok so im reading this months Super Street (only cuz i work in customer service so all i do is answer calls all day so i was really bored) and i think it was in the tech questions section or the section where they answer general questions. Anyway someone asked about modding his 240 with the KA motor. Anyway they said that the 95 and up motors are of lower quality because nissan decided to use cheaper parts on their engine. So can someone verify this, is that true or not?

Mav1178
02-05-2002, 08:06 PM
They don't call it "Stupid Street" for nothing.

If anything, the 95+ KA has better materials.

-alex

lenso
02-05-2002, 08:07 PM
no. from what i've gathered from the forum is that the s14 KAs are stronger. The piston rods are stronger but no one really knows. Don't believe everything...wait make that anything...you read from Super Street.(unless its about the "great" H cause they sorta know their stuff)

97 S14
02-05-2002, 08:08 PM
Most of that stuff in Super Street is pulled directly from their *** .

02-05-2002, 08:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LSo-RPS13:
no. from what i've gathered from the forum is that the s14 KAs are stronger. The piston rods are stronger but no one really knows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, actually the thought was that just the pistons were stronger (rods are the same). But even that rumor turned out not to be true, since all 240sx KA24DE's used the same pistons, regardless of year -- they even have the same part #.

Asad