PDA

View Full Version : Southeast tuning shop ? ? ?

dbrass14point5
04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
My car needs to be tuned properly on a dyno . . . a/f, maybe some timing adjustment, etc . . . does anyone know of a good tuning shop. I live in middle GA and am willing to go quite a distance, but not too damn far. I've tried to set somethng up with batlground engineering, got a time, but they called later and there was a mix up and they wouldnt be available to tune my car til like may 2nd. Anyone have good experience with a shop? I'd rather have enthalpy put his hands on it, but his schedule seems kinda tight lately.

my setup:
91 sr20det
GT2871R (.64)
Nismo 740cc injectors
Z32 MAF
Arias 86.5mm pistons
Eagle Rods
HKS 264 step 1 in/ex w/ adj hks cam gears
Greddy Intake manifold
Greddy Turbo Elbow
Project Nissan Test pipe
ARP head bolts
ARP rod bolts
Greddy 1.2mm headgasket
Greddy catch can
Comp Valve Springs
BLITZ Front mount
BLITZ Downpipe
HKS SSQV BOV
MR exhaust manifold
Nismo motor mounts
Walbro 255
BLITZ cat-back
Rocker Arm Stoppers
Enthalpy Tuned ECU

I really need a tune though, its seems as though i believe i'm running slightly lean, timing might need to be adjusted, idle is very jumpy and kinda all over the place, and cruising is sorta studdering. Car seems to foul out 4th cylinder plug and th other cylinders run kinda lean . . . i've been trying to baby the motor.

CLIFF NOTES: Need a good sr20 tuning shop to tune my car? know any in th southeast?

TS4l
04-21-2006, 12:16 PM
What do the plugs look like when you pull them out? If one is black and the rest look lean I would try and to a compression test on the cylinder that is fouling. Try the power balance test, its really easy. Start the car and unclip the injectors one at a time and see if the idle changes, then clip it back in and do the next. Then do the same thing with the coil packs. If one cylinder doesn't change then that cylinder could have low compression which would make for a rough idle and very shaky engine. With a tune from Scott all cylinders should be the same unless something is wrong with the fuel/spark/compression of that cylinder. Good luck. If you have questions just ask I'll be happy to help.

Enthalpy
04-21-2006, 04:29 PM
sounds like a leaky injector o-ring to me!!

yellowmunson
04-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I will be more than happy to help you on your sr..

my shop is at johnson city TN
www.riderevolution.com (http://www.riderevolution.com)

dbrass14point5
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
i was thinking a leaking injector . . . i think i'm gonna switch #4 injector with like #1 and see what goes on then with a new set of plugs . . . i'm also not getting full boost until about 5K rpm (might have something to do with the fouled plug or leaky injector?)

superhoss37
04-22-2006, 04:38 PM
I will be more than happy to help you on your sr..

my shop is at johnson city TN
www.riderevolution.com (http://www.riderevolution.com)

so you work at Ride Revolution? I might need you to tune my car with the AEM EMS here in the mid summer time. Would you be able to tune the ems on the ka24de motor? If so, how long do you estimate that it would take you to completely tune the aem ems? this is on a 98 240sx with a 98 ka24de with 84lb injectors

yellowmunson
04-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I started work there 2 month ago.
yes I can do KA24 DE that no problem.
I do need all of your information, what map sensor, or MAF, what brand of injectors, stock or custom intake manifold, engine mods such.. those will give me idea where to start and save you money on tuning time. email me for prices and more information.
sorry my english is not a great but you get a idea.

t88hlexus@hotmail.com

we have a highest HP sr20, ca18, stock bottom end KA-T at the shop. stop by and I will help you out anyway I can.

superhoss37
04-23-2006, 11:38 AM
I started work there 2 month ago.
yes I can do KA24 DE that no problem.
I do need all of your information, what map sensor, or MAF, what brand of injectors, stock or custom intake manifold, engine mods such.. those will give me idea where to start and save you money on tuning time. email me for prices and more information.
sorry my english is not a great but you get a idea.

t88hlexus@hotmail.com

we have a highest HP sr20, ca18, stock bottom end KA-T at the shop. stop by and I will help you out anyway I can.

ya, i'll be in there this week sometime to talk with you. what time are you available on tuesday or thursday and what's your name so i can ask for you?

2slow240sx
04-23-2006, 12:20 PM
If RR can't help you out, I can tune your AEM system in Knoxville. I own a KADE-T also.

fast_97_240sx
04-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Just ask for Scott. He's off on Mondays.

ya, i'll be in there this week sometime to talk with you. what time are you available on tuesday or thursday and what's your name so i can ask for you?