PDA

View Full Version : Boost issues and a simpler question

WhtTrshPunk
06-03-2006, 09:22 PM
Ok so here (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2044431) is a list of my current mods. Anyhow, recently I noticed the car wasn't pulling QUITE as hard as usual, so I made some test runs and noticed boost pressure was hanging at about .77-.85 bar. Normally it's in the .92-1.00 range under WOT, with highest boost ever logged being 1.12 (this was in the winter, or what we call winter here, 45-50 degrees F). Question is, what could cause this? My boost controller settings haven't changed that i know of, but it isn't impossible that I could have accidentally changed something. BC is a profecB spec II with gain at 7%(this I know is the normal setting) and set gain at .58(not sure about this). The weather has been heating up substantially around here, but it shouldn't make a .15-.20 bar difference. Any suggestions or ideas? Or did I just change the settings without knowing?

Easy question, what is the widest tire that will fit on s14 se wheels?

HIGHMILEHATCH
06-03-2006, 10:16 PM
The weather has been heating up substantially around here, but it shouldn't make a .15-.20 bar difference. Any suggestions or ideas?

Actually it will make a difference. You will register slightly lower psi when the weather heats up. I can't offer an extremely technical explanation, but it has to do with the density of the colder air.

WhtTrshPunk
06-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Well colder air contains more oxygen in a given volume than warmer air would, I just didn't notice this much of a difference last time it was hot.