PDA

View Full Version : Resinator removal

Shift
02-12-2002, 06:45 PM
I'm wanting to remove my resinator but I dont know where to start. If you guys could help me out... it would really help me out http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 02-12-2002, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Shift ]

dan240t
02-12-2002, 07:57 PM
what year is your car?

should be similar for both s13 and s14

you can
A) jack up car, take off driver front wheel, take out front wheel well liner, unbolt 3 bolts from silencer....pull out. done

or

B) turn wheels all the way to right, pull out the fender liner and pull it out, but it might be tighter working area if u do that.

Shift
02-12-2002, 08:04 PM
sorry, its a s13 93 coupe. What does it look like? so there are three bolts?

dan240t
02-12-2002, 10:06 PM
intake resonator just looks like a big black box in the wheel well. the s14 one is about 5 inches in height by 9 inches widthwise of the car and about 6 inches length from front to back of car.

it will be connected to your stock intake box obviously as well. just find any bolts that are holding it on and take those off. it should fall right off maybe with a little tug to get the pipes to pop out from the intake box.

with mine, i put the bolts back in the mounting holes (1 was on the inner well that divides the wheel well from the engine bay and the other 2 are on a mounting tab made of metal that is part of the fender i think). i put them back in so i dont have to have yet another bag of bolts lying around getting lost, and if i have to put it back in (HA! dont need it if im going to have to route IC piping through that area later), i know where the bolts are.

Shift
02-12-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey thanks I just removed it but, it was just a box and a hole that I yanked out... was it connected to somthing cause it seemd like mine wasn't? is it possible that when I yanked it out whatever tube it was connected was unplugged or somthing like that?

[ 02-12-2002, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Shift ]