PDA

View Full Version : I can finally set timing - Now Need Help...

Houmack
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Long story short - I had a MSD Standalone that was for NA Cars only. (No boost retard). I am now finally able to control timing using my Holley Commander 950 EMS. Before I go blow my motor, I would love some helps setting a base map. I have done my research and read the Posts from Enthalpy and came up with the following map... Can you guys please confirm that I've done this right and that it's a good base map?

Thank you VERY much...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/houmack/TimingMap.jpg
Car Specs:
SR20DET - Built with 264 cams. T3/T04E 60 Trim. 8.5:1 Compression. 800cc injectors, 255 pump, and all other supporting mods

Houmack
07-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Anyone?

Ovrated
07-16-2006, 12:00 AM
i think it looks ok... if you can, log a few runs, and see where it knocks, then detune it a litte in that spot, i.e. take timing out.

but 18psi to 18 deg is what i have gotten from enthalpy as well..

to me it looks a ok. conservative, but aok

gt3071r240
07-17-2006, 10:27 PM
i think it looks ok... if you can, log a few runs, and see where it knocks, then detune it a litte in that spot, i.e. take timing out.

but 18psi to 18 deg is what i have gotten from enthalpy as well..

to me it looks a ok. conservative, but aok

PUT IT ON THE dyno hold it at a constant load/cell cut the timing in half and and start adding 2 degrees at a time watch the tq curve when it peaks it will then only rise minimally with more timing, back off to the point where it peaked and that is minimum best timing. USing a knock sensor is not the best tool for tuning timing.