PDA

View Full Version : Bolt pattern for 98 SE? What changes r a must besides springs when u get rims?

MiamiGrinch240
02-13-2002, 05:19 PM
I have a 98 SE and I am looking to get some rims but I don't know the bolt pattern nor do I know what you have to change. I want 18x8 but I dont know if all I have to get is springs or whether I have to alter other things as well like shocks and stuff. Plus anyone know how wide you can go in front and rear? I think it's 8.5 in front and 10.0 in back I'm not sure.

Mav1178
02-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Bolt pattern is 5-114.3.

As for width, max is about 8.5" front 9.5" rear. You can go wider, but it'll just cost a lot more.

No need for springs, unless a lot of wheel gap looks bad to you.

-alex

VIP_S14
02-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Wheel Gap= Looks bad to everyone.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-13-2002, 11:57 PM
speaking of width, can u fit whats the max u can fit in rears and front w/o spacers?

emad 95 240sx

projectsilvia
02-14-2002, 12:15 AM
well on my 95 rear, i have 18x9 37 offset with 255/35, and looks to me, i can fit 18x11 with 275-285 tires.. and not have it sticking out... thats from the shock i have abit of space... but of course, its not accurate until i actually try putting it on...

240sxer
02-14-2002, 12:21 AM
am still undecided about getting a lug conversion or not... and what rims i want... anyone plz some suggestions.. i like the oz rally f1 cup.. but its only like 17x7... =[ !!!!!HELP!!!!!

**DONOTDELETE**
02-14-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by MiamiGrinch240:
Thanks for the help, I wasnt expecting such a quick response. I am going to go for the 18x8 all around rims. I'm not sure what company to go with when it comes to lowering the car. I need just enough drop to make the gap small but I definately dont want to be on the floor or anything. I have the Nissan chin spoiler in front, stock side skirts and a Veilside rear kit to finish the back but now I need to decide whether to get springs, ground-control or airbags... decisions decisions. I can't be too low because of the massive amounts of speedbumps here in Miami and also I have seen too many low cars get destroyed from flooding thats why I am thinking about the airbags, I dont want them for that ghetto look I just want to be able to raise and lower the car for those annoying things like speedbumps and huge puddles. Any suggestions welcome. Thegrinchone@hotmail.com<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]What's up Kyle?

I'd say if you only want to reduce the wheel gap without being ghetto, just get some eibach pro-kit springs.

BTW are you getting the Silvia K's wing after all?

The Freak

**DONOTDELETE**
02-14-2002, 02:05 PM
well on my 95 rear, i have 18x9 37 offset with 255/35, and looks to me, i can fit 18x11 with 275-285 tires.. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]do u have pics u can post?

MiamiGrinch240
02-15-2002, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the help, I wasnt expecting such a quick response. I am going to go for the 18x8 all around rims. I'm not sure what company to go with when it comes to lowering the car. I need just enough drop to make the gap small but I definately dont want to be on the floor or anything. I have the Nissan chin spoiler in front, stock side skirts and a Veilside rear kit to finish the back but now I need to decide whether to get springs, ground-control or airbags... decisions decisions. I can't be too low because of the massive amounts of speedbumps here in Miami and also I have seen too many low cars get destroyed from flooding thats why I am thinking about the airbags, I dont want them for that ghetto look I just want to be able to raise and lower the car for those annoying things like speedbumps and huge puddles. Any suggestions welcome. Thegrinchone@hotmail.com

MiamiGrinch240
02-17-2002, 03:53 AM
Anyone know the answer to my other question about what else you need to do when you go from stock car and get rims besides getting springs. Do you have to buy new shocks and stuff or???

Drivend
02-17-2002, 05:32 AM
You don't have to buy anything else to put new rims on your car. Although if your springs and struts are worn, the extra grip of wider tires will make the body of your car rool more. The rims are a good place to start, if you are very interested in appearance. Personally, I'm going to do suspension and motor before I worry about rims.