PDA

View Full Version : SR not running right...dead cylinder???

Derek
07-24-2006, 08:29 PM
So, I just got my SR running after a complete rebuild (my first one) and have noticed that it seems to be misfiring, my friends assured me it was the cams i have (toda 264's) but I think otherwise. So, I pulled the harness on the #1 injector, and the idle smoothed out. Then, I plugged in the injector again and disconnected the wires going to the #1 coil....again, the idle smoothed out. When i did this on all the other cylinders, the idle dropped and the engine almost died. So, does this mean that I either have super low cylinder pressure on cyl. #1 or a bad #1 coil? I think i'm going to borrow a compression tester tomorrow and check the compression on all 4 cylinders. I also was thinking of swapping the #1 ign. coil with one of the other ones to see if its a bad coil. Also, wouln't the spark plug be fouled if i had low compression on that cylinder? Please let me know what you think. Thanks. -Derek

janders211
07-24-2006, 11:23 PM
Compression test first- then you'll know. If the #'s are good it is more than likely the coil pack or injector. Did you try swapping coils then injectors from the # 1 cylinder?

mosill
07-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Check the compression and I would also pull the #1 coilpack and spark plug and try to crank it and see if you getting a spark, if not switch it with another one to see if it is the pack.
I just went through a big ordeal of tracking down an spark problem on one cylinder in another thread, so it has a list of stuff to test and check if that what it is.

TS4l
07-25-2006, 05:01 PM
If you unclip the injector and it smooths out I would assume the injector is got a problem, either grounding out and staying open dumping fuel or leaking. If it was the coil it shouldn't smooth out without the injector unplugged. It could also be compression but if its smooth with out the injector it sounds like that cylinder is working but just getting too much fuel. Check the injector and the wiring or switch that injector to another cylinder and see if that cylinder starts to act weird.