PDA

View Full Version : Oil feed line question?

CA18BlackBird
02-14-2002, 09:24 PM
Hey guys. I had a question regarding the oil feed line. i have a ca18det. when the motor came it came with the fitting that is on the block but no line to the turbo. so we took the fitting to a local parts store and got a fitting just like it and ran 1/4" brake line to the turbo. i am running a S14 t28. i was wondering if this would cause a problem? such as too much oil going to the turbo and blowing out oil or possibly something else? any info would help.
Thanks,
Paul http://www.freshalloy.com/

02-15-2002, 08:43 AM
A 1/4" line is pretty big for a turbo feed. You risk flooding the turbo bearings and blowing the seals.

Is there a restrictor in the turbo itself?

Asad

02-15-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by CA18BlackBird:
asad, the fitting on the block is a compression fitting i believe...it has a liitle hole(a liitle bigger tham a needle) in it that allows a certain amount of flow i believe.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]In that case, I wouldn't worry about using too large of a line, since the flow is determined by the restriction.

Asad

CA18BlackBird
02-15-2002, 03:46 PM
thanks for the replies Asad. the fitting where the brake line threads in, is where the restrictor is(little hole). maybe that helps with what i'm talking about. i think your right though since the fitting is almost all the way closed except for the little hole, since that iws determining flow. i appreciate you clearing this up for me man.
Thanks again,
Paul http://www.freshalloy.com/

CA18BlackBird
02-16-2002, 12:29 AM
asad, the fitting on the block is a compression fitting i believe...it has a liitle hole(a liitle bigger tham a needle) in it that allows a certain amount of flow i believe.

CA18BlackBird
02-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Ok Asad, i found out the fitting is just like the factory one but the restrictor is 3/16" compared to 1/16" (factory). think this is to big and cause it to flood? Or be alright. Any info is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul