PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: 1992 Nissan Pickup Hardbody 4x4 SE-V6 King Cab, $3,795 Southern CA, SLOArea

Thumper
08-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Well maintained 14 year old truck in very good condition for its age. Hard working and reliable. $3,795

Pictures here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shouffrey/album?.dir=/18f5re2&.src=ph&.tok=phq2URFBDD0H5qcq (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shouffrey/album?.dir=/18f5re2&.src=ph&.tok=phq2URFBDD0H5qcq)

In its day, this was Nissan's top of the line 4x4 & it's well equipped with all options. 3.0 Fuel Injected V-6 engine, 4spd Automatic Overdrive. Shift-on-the-fly, automatic locking hubs. Limited-Slip rear differential, Power Steering, Power Brakes/Rear ABS, Power Windows, Power Door locks, Power Left & Right Outside Mirrors, Tilt Steering, Cruise Control, Air Conditioning. Flip-up removable glass sunroof with sunshade, Sliding rear window. Multi-Adjustable Drivers' Seat, Tow hooks, trailer hitch & wiring harness. Color: Winter Blue Paint & Blue interior. Near new ARE CH Truck Cap in matching color with sliding side windows and flip down sliding front window. New Yokohama Geolandar Front Tires & Newer Rear. I added Genuine Nissan Fog Lamps. The radio is a Blaupunkt Miami Single CD player with removable faceplate.

I am, to my knowledge the second owner of this truck. I bought it July of '99 with 115,000 miles. I could tell when I bought it, there had been some collision repair as the hood & driver's front fender & door paint was glossier than the rest. There was evidence of some new parts around the bumper too. What impressed me was the engine bay was squeaky clean & it was the kind of clean that only comes from keeping it that way, not steam cleaning, because you can never get all that grime off. In April 2000 the transmission went out @ 126k. I replaced it myself with a rebuilt unit from NISSAN, so the trans currently has 50k on it. If you are familiar with the Nissan VG30 V6 engines you know they need timing belts replaced every 60k. I did this at 119k, therefore it is coming due at 179k. These engines have a problem with exhaust manifold studs breaking, knowing this I put all new stronger studs for turbo engines in when I did the timing belt @ 119k, replaced the tensioner, WaterPump & thermostat & fan clutch @ the same time. I rebuilt the driver's seat bolster when I bought the truck as the upholstery was torn & the cushion split. I bought a whole new foam bolster and the seat cover from Nissan. Genuine Nissan Battery 1.5 years old. I did a major tune up 5k ago last July @ 170k. Ignition Wires, Belts, Cap, Rotor, Plugs, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, PCV. I change the oil in it every 3k, it

As I said, it's 14 & therefore not perfect. The paint is fading, the roof has some big rust patches where the paint has peeled. Two small dings in the tailgate, one on the side of the cab. There is a small cig burn in the front passenger seat, not from me. The truck has been smoked in before, but I don't smell it. The cruise control functions, but does not maintain speed well up or down hill. CD player cuts out sometimes. Windows go up slowly.

I'm telling you all this because I want you to understand I am being honest about this truck. It has been my faithful servant for 7 years and as hard as it is going to be to let it go, I need to get a 4 door truck. I have loved this truck and put my heart & soul into it. I hope someone else can enjoy it as much as me.