PDA

View Full Version : People with N1's..

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2002, 04:30 PM
I installed my N1, but it seems to rattle and hit against the tow hook, which is right above it. How did you guys resolve this problem? Remove the tow hook?

thanks in advance
-Brian

gforce240sx
02-15-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by blee256:
I installed my N1, but it seems to rattle and hit against the tow hook, which is right above it. How did you guys resolve this problem? Remove the tow hook?

thanks in advance
-Brian<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]remove or cut. I took it to the muffler shop to have them cut it (5 mins). I had a Greddy SP, had to do that do the tip doesn't get dented by the toe hook.

Danny.

CA18BlackBird
02-15-2002, 04:45 PM
maybe new hangers will help.

kontact
02-15-2002, 04:52 PM
on an s14? i have a 96 mine fits perfect tow hook is on the opposite side on mine

NIS240SHU
02-15-2002, 05:16 PM
I ate mine...not there anymore...yummy S13 towhook. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Junior Cristovao
Turbo City Auto Body, Inc. (http://www.geocities.com/nis240shu)

**DONOTDELETE**
02-15-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by blee256:

thanks in advance
-Brian<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Are you sure that it's hitting the tow hook? My N1 was hitting a someting on the underside of the car. My advice, if it is actually the tow hook, cut it off. If it's not, just hold for a little while and the N1 will get a little dented where it's hitting and you won't have the problem anymore.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-16-2002, 01:09 PM
i have an n1 exhaust also. you said you cut off your tow hook? isn't the exhaust on the other side? when i first bought my n1 exhaust, it was scraping from under the car. it also scraped when i brake. we figured the n1 exhaust was originally made for the sr20det. we looked under the car i found out that the driveshaft was grinding on the edges of the rear resonator. we replaced it with much more narrow-rounded resonator. from there on, the scraping was gone.

02-16-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by charlieS14:
i have an n1 exhaust also. you said you cut off your tow hook? isn't the exhaust on the other side?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]There are towhooks on both sides. On the driver's side, the towhook fits neatly between the dual tips of the stock exhaust.

Asad