PDA

View Full Version : Broken S13 triple projector headlight question...

Beef
02-19-2002, 11:07 AM
The yellow glass fog light portion of my passenger side headlight is broken. Does anyone know if this is replaceable at all or am I going to just need to get a whole new headlight assembly? I looked at it a bit and it seems like that may be the case, but I haven't really tried tearing it apart yet. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Thanks...

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Usually not, today's headlights arent exactly maintainable, other than the bulbs.

When the glass breaks, you need a new housing. If its the inner lens, the one BEHIND the glass cover, then maybe that can be replaced or modified or something.. I work with stuff like that all the time. Take some pics and I'll do my best to offer a suggestion.

- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 06:52 PM
I have a set of 3 projector silvia headlights that I'm cannibalizing right now and will tell you that you won't be able to simply replace the lens for several reasons:
1) Accessing the projectors will require very careful removale of the front lens
2) The fog light projector itself is not removable like the low and high beams, and
3) Where are you planning on getting a single three projector silvia fog lamp projector lens?

Demon

Beef
02-19-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Demon:
I have a set of 3 projector silvia headlights that I'm cannibalizing right now and will tell you that you won't be able to simply replace the lens for several reasons:
1) Accessing the projectors will require very careful removale of the front lens
2) The fog light projector itself is not removable like the low and high beams, and
3) Where are you planning on getting a single three projector silvia fog lamp projector lens?

Demon<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]All right...Thanks for the reply.

Don't worry, I'll find one. I'm quite resourceful. http://www.freshalloy.com/ If all else fails, I can still temporarily use it when the time comes, just without the fogs on.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-19-2002, 07:59 PM
Van, I take apart lights on a daily basis.. the Silvia headlights would be nothing out of the ordinary. Besides, modifying and repairing the internals is what I specialize in.

Beef&gt; If you're looking for something simple, or want your lights just like OEM - get yourself another headlight. If you are looking to completely go nuts and modify both headlights as a whole, then feel free to e-mail me off list.

Good luck!
- Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Originally posted by Demon:

Demon<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

trsilvias13
02-19-2002, 08:05 PM
sup, i used to have a silvia s13 front end on my 89 coupe, and i took out the yellow fogs and just ran it liek that with just the light bulbs.. i still have the two yellow glass cover... u want to like buy them from me. i'll let it go very cheap since it no use to me.. just email me if u like them.. otherwise i would just do what i did, run it without the glass thingy

[ 02-19-2002, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: trsilvias13 ]

**DONOTDELETE**
02-20-2002, 12:24 AM
Depends what part of the projector is broken... a lot of the silvia headlight's components are sealed in pretty good. In fact, just taking the glass lens off takes a bit of work too...

Demon

Beef
02-20-2002, 12:29 AM
It's just the yellow glass part that covers the bulb. I'm not sure if it's replaceable or not. Even if it is, it will probably be a b!tch and a half to try and get one from Japan. ...sigh...