PDA

View Full Version : More alcohol = more income !!!

gunluvS14
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Honey, I'm going out to drink with my colleague again, and I have a damn good reason for that.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060914/hl_afp/afplifestylehealthalcohol

Kim_Jong_Il
09-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm Going To Be Rich!

Voltron
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
YES! Money here I come.

In a related note: http://www.netparty.com/

Riffster
09-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Ah, now I know why those guys live on lower Wacker Drive in cardboard boxes!

They really have penthouse condos 600 feet higher but just can't find the right button to push in the elevator. ;)

- Riff

khannie112
09-15-2006, 06:03 PM
i totally agree with this article....the guys who are willing to go out to happy hour in my office seem to have a faster path to management that the non-social ones.

I'mma be CEO before I know it with my habits!

RetAF
09-15-2006, 10:08 PM
It`s about time some of our tax money was spent on worth-while social research. A logical followup would be to provide free booze for the disadvantaged poor, including those who spend all disposable income on their rides!:bowdown:

arcadiabc
09-16-2006, 03:12 AM
Too much and too less of everything is bad for you

Not_Vin_Diesel
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I think this creates a terrible misconception that you have to drink to be a sociable person and not drinking somehow makes you anti-social.

I'm actually interested in the type of questions used in the study because my hypothesis would be that the stress of higher income occupations cause more people to try and drink away said stress, not that getting your buzz on improves your ability to be hired for high paying jobs.

I understand the attempted point of the article, but I think it sends the wrong message.

Voltron
09-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Its the same sort of thing with all those headlines you read like "Red Wine tied to heart health" and so on. Well who are the primary consumers of red wine in this country? People with decent incomes, many of whom will have healthier diets and tend to exercise. More fruits and vegetables, people who can afford gym memberships. People with enough free time to go for a run once or twice a week or even just buy the latest Tai Bo tape. That lifestyle can make for a dramatic difference in overall health than someone who drinks malt liquor with their Jack in the Box.

helldorado
09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
It`s about time some of our tax money was spent on worth-while social research. A logical followup would be to provide free booze for the disadvantaged poor, including those who spend all disposable income on their rides!:bowdown: In that case, tell me where I can get my free booze! :woohoorun::falldown:

RetAF
09-16-2006, 07:20 PM
In that case, tell me where I can get my free booze! :woohoorun::falldown:
I`ll save you a place in line, right behind me, just as soon as I find the line!:comm: