PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wondered where S14 from Fast and Furious went?

MiamiGrinch240
02-21-2002, 03:29 PM
I saw the new Super Street and there is an article on a sweet S14 that a girl owns. It turns out that her car was the purple 240sx from the Fast and the Furious (so says the article) The new mag also has a nice 180sx for all of you 180 drivers.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 03:42 PM
The car was sold to her by a friend/team member after being painted Silver. A great deal of the original mods in the car were taken out. Not sure what she had done to it after.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 03:42 PM
I liked her car better with the advan model 5's it had in the movie, plus i hate the zeal front bumper, it's probably the ugliest S14 bumper there is.

MiamiGrinch240
02-21-2002, 03:47 PM
The article said she now has no AC. That must suck. I think the rims from the movie were better but the silver paint job is much more classy than that ugly purple from the movie. I didnt understand in the movie how they would put NOS bttons on the part of the steering wheel where the horn button and airbags are can that even be done with the airbag right behind it? Doesnt the button have wiring behind it? I guess it was just for looks.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 04:42 PM
you can put an aftermarket steering wheel, you just have to eliminate the drivers airbag (so be careful)...however will all the money she spent on that car I would have to say she got ripped a new one. IMO, the placement of the environmental controls in the center console behind the shift gate is atrocious, especially when you consider she has no ability to control the environment!

chris@speedalliance.com
02-21-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Nox240:
especially when you consider she has no ability to control the environment!<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Unless she' part of the X-Men and her name is Storm!

Stupid study breaks...
Chris

RPS13sx
02-21-2002, 06:15 PM
Whats on the cover of the SS issue? is it the one with the Red Celica

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 06:31 PM
You know whats really funny?? It says she has no A/C...buuuuuut if you look in the pics you can the the relocated a/c switches where the center console is. And in the mods list it says relocated a/c...weird huh?
http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 06:37 PM
Yes, it's the one with the red Celica on the cover. And I think she relocated the controls so she can adjust the heat. The engine bay looks pretty empty.

MiamiGrinch240
02-21-2002, 10:52 PM
NOX240: I made the comment about the NOS because in the FATF movie Letty has NOS buttons on stock steering wheel. I guess it was just for looks. You can see this when she races the white rx7 at race wars.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 11:00 PM
And the green eclipse was a non turbo. I saw it somewhere and there were engine pics and all it had was intake and exhaust. They added all the BOV sounds and the fact that it was going fast just to look cool for the movie.

mmmm_beer
02-21-2002, 11:15 PM
NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS.

I swear, if I EVER hear somebody call it "NOS" again, I am going to bust out their teeth!! http://www.freshalloy.com/

I HATE it when it is called "NOS". All my life, I have called it "N. O. S." not "NOS".
All my 23 years, ever since I was a kid, it has always been nitrous, or Nitrous Oxide blah blah blah (and when i was younger and dumber we called it nitro, shows what i knew!)
anyways, it drives me up a wall when some kid talks about "NOS" grrrr!!!!! http://www.freshalloy.com/

Sorry, just had to vent...i hate The F&F. http://www.freshalloy.com/

i'm all better now http://www.freshalloy.com/

and it shoulda been a R34 skyline in there instead of the supra. hehehe

MiamiGrinch240
02-21-2002, 11:20 PM
The green Eclipse sold for like 60 something thousand on ebay. The Momo Integra went for like 35k. Whatever happened to the RX7 from FATF? Even if all the engine stuff was BS on that car I would buy it and just put in the upgrades. That stereo system and Nos setup with that Veilside kit and those rims, I get my heart beat doubled whenever I think about actually getting to drive a car like that. The nicest RX7 I have seen is that Lamborghini yellow "Supra 7" (RX7 with Supra engine built by XS engineering) Hey isnt the car on the movie poster the Supra not the Eclipse? How come it is green?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-21-2002, 11:46 PM
Its funny u guys mentioned that girl cause i went to this club for this frat in Irvine (forgot what its called) and that car was parked right in front of it. Could never forget the zeal front bumper and the "V-spec" decal on the side of the door. BTW, it was silver at the time i saw it.

emad 95 240sx

96 240
02-22-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by MiamiGrinch240:
The green Eclipse sold for like 60 something thousand on ebay. The Momo Integra went for like 35k. Whatever happened to the RX7 from FATF? Even if all the engine stuff was BS on that car I would buy it and just put in the upgrades. That stereo system and Nos setup with that Veilside kit and those rims, I get my heart beat doubled whenever I think about actually getting to drive a car like that. The nicest RX7 I have seen is that Lamborghini yellow "Supra 7" (RX7 with Supra engine built by XS engineering) Hey isnt the car on the movie poster the Supra not the Eclipse? How come it is green?<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]The RX-7 and Supra were sold on E-bay as well. The Supra went for like over 120k and I think the RX-7 was around 70-80k.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 12:33 AM
"A Sucker is Born Every Minuite"-PT Barnum

anyways... Miami: yes I understood your comment, I believe that steering wheel was aftermaket (wasnt it?)

anyways, whoever sold that supra and rx-7 is prolly laughing to this day.. F&F was one of the best comedies I have seen in a while.... not to mention that in japan its called "Wildspeed"

which makes it even funnier!~

Naeem

Shin
02-22-2002, 02:02 AM
That Rx7 from FaTF is a car from some California Car club... I don't think it ever was for sale....

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 02:26 AM
you could just take the stock steering wheel and remove the airbag and horn and put a 100 buttons in it... just be happy it was a s14 tho and not a stupid civic or something.. remember none of the main cars were hondas/acuras... for me that was most impressive... when i heard about the movie i figured all the main cars would be like integra, civic, s2000, accord, crx and nsx...

lenso
02-22-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by mlsaint78:
NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS NOS.

I swear, if I EVER hear somebody call it "NOS" again, I am going to bust out their teeth!! http://www.freshalloy.com/

I HATE it when it is called "NOS". All my life, I have called it "N. O. S." not "NOS".
All my 23 years, ever since I was a kid, it has always been nitrous, or Nitrous Oxide blah blah blah (and when i was younger and dumber we called it nitro, shows what i knew!)
anyways, it drives me up a wall when some kid talks about "NOS" grrrr!!!!! http://www.freshalloy.com/

Sorry, just had to vent...i hate The F&F. http://www.freshalloy.com/

i'm all better now http://www.freshalloy.com/

and it shoulda been a R34 skyline in there instead of the supra. hehehe<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Just think NOS as "Nitrous OxSide" haha. I also hate it when people say N.O.S. N.O.S. is a company that makes kits for nitrous oxide injection. It stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems. MANY MANY people have no clue of that. There some companies that have nitrous oxide kits such as NitrousExpress (NX)and ZEX. But i think NOS is the most popular.

Anyway, back to FATF. In the DVD version of FATF, it says that RJ DeVera from Stupid Street was a the technical advisor. HAHA! Turboed 4g63 when it clearly has headers. Civics and Integs keepin up with an FD. Giggles....can't wait for part two. http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 02-22-2002, 06:30 AM: Message edited by: LSo-RPS13 ]

AceInHole
02-22-2002, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by LSo-RPS13:
Civics and Integs keepin up with an FD. Giggles....can't wait for part two. http://www.freshalloy.com/ <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]lol.... maybe someone will get smart and use a twin turbo LS1 camaro (hell, if everyone races for 2g's, you'd make up all the money in no time)... but that's as likely as them using an actual 10 second (or less) car in the movie.

Rcs476
02-22-2002, 07:46 AM
I am so glad I haven't seen this movie. Ever since I heard about it, I vowed to myself not to see it. Basically undesired attention to our hobby. Look around at the crap it's caused, everywhere I look now, I see a car with huge body graphice, stupid lights everywhere and monster tach's on cars that really have no use for them. You know what though, if that's what they want to do, more power to them, but personally, I feel it is our black eye.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 07:56 AM
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]The nicest RX7 I have seen is that Lamborghini yellow "Supra 7" (RX7 with Supra engine built by XS engineering)

FYI- The Supra 7 was built by SP Engineering, not XS. That car is bad a$$. Hope to see it run this weekend.

lenso
02-22-2002, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Rcs476:
I am so glad I haven't seen this movie. Ever since I heard about it, I vowed to myself not to see it. Basically undesired attention to our hobby. Look around at the crap it's caused, everywhere I look now, I see a car with huge body graphice, stupid lights everywhere and monster tach's on cars that really have no use for them. You know what though, if that's what they want to do, more power to them, but personally, I feel it is our black eye.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]It's not that you shouldn't watch it. Just don't spend money to watch it. If a friend rents it or it its playing on cable (if you have cable tv) by all means watch it. After the ricer drag racing, the movie gets better. I think the producer and director tried wayyyy to hard to please the "import" scene. If there is a part two(most likely there is), i hope they do much more research to write the script. "A COUPLE OF SR20s(in some integras) WOULD DO QUITE NICELY WOULDN'T YOU THINK?"

uiuc240
02-22-2002, 08:23 AM
Why get so pissy about it? They've been making silly fast-car movies since there were cars. And Hollywood NEVER is accurate with their details. The only people that notice the inaccuracies are people who are members of the Inner Circle, like us. Other kids don't have a clue what an SR20 is or what the abbreviation NOS means. (And on that note, NOS is just a quick way of saying Nitrous...it's like calling all tissues Kleenex). Anyway, don't get so riled up about it, it's just a movie. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Also, the more riced out cars that are out there, the less chance your NON-RICE 240 is gonna get jacked. If everyone thinks that neon and big wings and LED windshield washer nozzles is what makes a car expensive and fast, then so be it. They won't f*ck with my SR'd 240 with door dings and no neon. Sounds good to me! http://www.freshalloy.com/

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 08:25 AM
man, the movie was so awesome.

"It's not how you stand next to your car, it's how you race your car"-ja rule

thanks for that bit of wisdom ja rule.

"they have fully built spoon engines with T3/T4 hybrid turbos and motec exhausts!

nice one, lat time i checked motec didnt make any exhaust systems and spoon makes N/A engines... oh well.

Steeles
02-22-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by LSo-RPS13:
[QUOTE]Just think NOS as "Nitrous OxSide" haha. I also hate it when people say N.O.S. N.O.S. is a company that makes kits for nitrous oxide injection. It stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems. MANY MANY people have no clue of that. There some companies that have nitrous oxide kits such as NitrousExpress (NX)and ZEX. But i think NOS is the most popular.

Anyway, back to FATF. In the DVD version of FATF, it says that RJ DeVera from Stupid Street was a the technical advisor. HAHA! Turboed 4g63 when it clearly has headers. Civics and Integs keepin up with an FD. Giggles....can't wait for part two. http://www.freshalloy.com/ <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]So was Craig Lieberman, top guy of the IDRA (i think thats the one he's with) and the owner (at the time) of the Supra AND the Maxima in the movie. the producers obviously didnt run much buy the tech advisors... botht those guys were in the movie too. RJ drove the white integra in the street race and craig was starting the races at the drag wars. the movies producer was the pizza boy who so eloquently said; "God Dmn street racers"

Brandon

towai
02-22-2002, 09:16 AM
i thought the article said that it was NOT the 240sx from the fast and the furious, although they look strangly alike, having the same zeal body kit and all. but the silver one (in superstreet) was actually a '95 w/ a '97-'98 front-end conversion. while the one from fast and furious was a '97-'98 and not just a '95-'96 w/ the conversion. not to mention, the spoilers are different, and the grill doesn't line up with the front edge of the hood too well. the fast and furious 240sx lines up much better.

MiamiGrinch240
02-22-2002, 09:25 AM
Kyosho: OOPS, I was just going by my memory when
I said XS I didnt have the mag in front
of me. What a car though...

Top Secret
Skyline: I hate Ja Rule in this movie he is so
cheesy. I heard he will have bigger part
in the sequel but I wish he wouldnt even
be in it.

I was also very happy to see the cars that were driven by the main characters. To see a 240 slap up an RX7 brought the biggest grin from ear to ear even if it was just BS for a movie. To everyone who owns the movie or saw it in theaters. Did you wait until after the credits for the extra scene in Mexico? Oh, and the NOS (N.O.S.) People know what it is man they just dont like putting the dots inbetween every letter.

MiamiGrinch240
02-22-2002, 09:27 AM
Towai: I read the article in a store yesterday but I think it said that it was the car and she just took off the purple paint and changed the body kit. Anyone have the mag?

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 09:41 AM
To end the questioning of the 240 in FNF, the Silver car owned by Helen in Super Street indeed is the purple car in FNF.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by KyoshoLPhiE:
To end the questioning of the 240 in FNF, the Silver car owned by Helen in Super Street indeed is the purple car in FNF.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]And are there any pics of helen??

YoplaitYogurt1234
02-22-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Demon:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Originally posted by KyoshoLPhiE:
To end the questioning of the 240 in FNF, the Silver car owned by Helen in Super Street indeed is the purple car in FNF.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]And are there any pics of helen??</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]yeah and she is pretty damned ugly.

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 10:18 AM
And are there any pics of helen?? <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]I reserve the right not to comment to that question in my best interest.

MiamiGrinch240
02-22-2002, 10:25 AM
She wasnt the hottest chick but not butt ugly either. It's a little weird thinking some sorority girl has a nice enough car to get into Super Street. It just doesnt fit the mold of the typical Jetta driving stuck up sorority chicks here in Miami.

Mav1178
02-22-2002, 10:36 AM
If you guys want to continue debating about the owner of the car, or about the movie in general, please do it in the OT section. Keep the comments about the female owner outside of this forum.

If you're not even going to talk about a 240SX, I'm moving this to OT.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
02-22-2002, 03:54 PM
That Eclipse from FATF is in Gatlinburg, TN. It's in a museum, I know because I have seen it just about everytime that I have been there. Oh, and by the way, that car is turbocharged. It's AWD too, so you know it's badass. Nothing like a Silvia though.

Greg

SRedSileighty
02-22-2002, 06:35 PM
That white Jetta is owned by the kid in Malcom In the Middle, Frankie Muniz. He just turned 16 or some chit. And once again, it's just a movie. They could make a Hugo beat a Supra if they wanted to. This reminds me of the time when everyone got pissy about the Civic beating a Porsche in Gone in 60 Seconds.

I though the movie was crap but all of my friends thought is was hot chit. When I was watching the movie, I kept on picking out the inaccuracies and that made a big difference.

HyperTek
02-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Bet yah didnt notice the civic interior doubles in some of the character close ups and cheap steering wheel covers. Johny Tran and Jesse are in the same pucking white civic that was used for close ups in the race wars scene. dont forget the disapearing spoiler decks on the black civics!!!!!!

MiamiGrinch240
02-22-2002, 10:36 PM
If someone doesnt mention the word 240sx this thread will get moved to off topic so I'll do it.
240sx... LOL ok I see this thread in off topic soon. Anyone want to debate this whole FATF thing I'm sure you can continue there.