PDA

View Full Version : help with ca

Okay
11-10-2006, 01:22 AM
I have a ca18det and I can't seem to fix my idling problem. I checked the maf, all the vacuum hoses for leak, intercooler piping, AAC, air regulator, and it still won't idle. It revs fine but once it goes lower than 1500 the car is really rough and dies. Right now I'm trying to fix the TPS but i can't seem to set it to .5V at idle and 4V at WOT. I read the FSM and apparently Im too stupid to figure it out or something is wrong with my TPS. How do you adjust the TPS with a multimeter?

MATT_BACK_VASS
11-10-2006, 10:33 PM
i think the problem has to do with the fact that the motor is in your engine bay as opposed to being in the recycling bin where it belongs. try placing it in the recycling bin, installing an SR, and see if the problem persists.

Okay
11-11-2006, 01:00 AM
thanks for spammin my thread with your ignorant statement.

green91
11-11-2006, 05:22 PM
on the TPS it has a few wires, a ground, reference (+5v) and a output (signal to ecu.). To set it to .5 at idle, determine which wire is the signal to the ecu, then loosen the screws on the TPS and rotate it until your reading .5v with the throttle closed.

steve shadows
11-15-2006, 02:43 PM
thanks for spammin my thread with your ignorant statement.
go to drifting dot com then

try replacing the tps...then make sure there are no vacum leaks or exaust leaks at all, and then...

recycling bin! ;)