PDA

View Full Version : Run a rom tune hard witho no fine tune?

Boost123
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone here run a rom tune with injectors and maf, without any fine tuning with a safc our dyno our FPR?

I am sopose to get hybrid tune, z32 maf, 555injectors, and run the stock turbine to 14 psi till i get a gt28r and after that boost around 16 psi.

I been told that i need to check the afr with a wideband and I might need to make adustment with a SAFC or a FPR, but im the kinda of a poor boy that buy little parts at a time since i cant buy all at once.

What yall think if i had the rom tune injectors and maf and boost nothing over 16psi, would this be safe, without a safc our wideband, i know its not the right way but I dont have enough funds to do and buy everthing, i only can afford to get the maf injectors rom tune, and a gt28r in month our two till i save up but will be running everthing else excpet the gt28r.?

Any suggestions our advice on this topic would be great.

wizdom240
11-18-2006, 05:06 PM
First of all, it's OR not OUR.

Rom tune should get you within a safe ballpark for what you're running if the tuner isn't local. If you're fortunate to be local with the tuner, then the rom tune can be fine tuned for your specific setup/AFR.

TS4l
11-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I ran my rom tune hard from day one. If you have a wideband thats great if Not you really should get on a dyno just to verify everything is good To go. Lots of times your base timing or boost leaks can cause problems and there is a chance that the tune could be off. Mine was spot on but I felt better knowing that by checking it on a dyno.

OHH_
11-18-2006, 08:07 PM
short answer is yes it can be done. is it proper, no.