PDA

View Full Version : Best clutch For S13 SR20DET

V8Styles
02-27-2002, 05:51 AM
I am looking for a Clutch whats a good clutch that can hold some power the car is going to be
a street car but i am going to be doing a turbo upgrade in few months so i need someting that
can hold alot of power is the clutch good

ACT Street setup: heavy pedal, smooth engagement.

arkman0
02-27-2002, 06:04 AM
SPEC stage III
heavy pedal, kinda smooth, never will slip when you dont want it too

V8Styles
02-27-2002, 06:29 AM
why will the ACT Street slip ?

Yury S Lyalko
02-27-2002, 07:30 AM
I think ACT will be fine as well. It really depends on how much power you ar eputting down.
If you are under 300 whp, then either of stage 1 clutches will be fine (ACT or STAR).
I think that stage 3 is a bit of an overkill for street power.

ACT is heavier on the foot then STAR.

Yury Lyalko
www.srswap.com (http://www.srswap.com)

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2002, 09:50 AM
I ran an ACT 4 Puck Race clutch on my 89 SOHC KA24E, This clutch is B@D-A$$, but yes, it DOES require alot of power. Heavy Pedal and Really HARSH engaugement. Im back to a stock clutch but I really miss the ACT. If you run too hard of a clutch with too little power ( like me haha) the clutch really rattles the car like a mofo trying to grab, so you have to rev alot higher. Also the ACT puck clutches EAT pressure plate and flywheel so be ready to replace those 2 major pieces. Abusive and hard drivers id say give it 6 months, daily drivers with a street or freeway race every once in a while, a little over a year, and if you are never abusive with it, dont even think about getting the puck clutch. But all I'm saying is an ACT 4 or 6 puck IS streetable if you wanna learn it but give it a week or 2 to get used to it!