PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Sale at Brockway Engineering!

Brock
12-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Happy Holidays from Brockway Engineering!
Our main products are on sale until the end of December, 2006.
This includes our very popular data monitors (R920, R2000 and R3000)
and our track proven sequential shift light meter. Visit one of our
authorized dealers for pricing.

www.brockwayengineering.com/buy.html (http://www.brockwayengineering.com/buy.html)

http://www.brockwayengineering.com/resources/R920_unit.jpg
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/resources/R2000_unit.jpg
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/resources/R3000_unit.jpg
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/resources/S100_unit.jpg

:D

palmerwmd
12-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Those data monitors are real interesting units IMO.
Plug 'em in to the stock O2 sensors and you got yourself an AF gauge and so much more.

Especially since many Nissans after 04 have wideband o2 sensors stock...:auto:

Kim_Jong_Il
12-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Those actually look pretty damn cool. Are they all only available with one extra input though? I'd really like to use it for both boost readings and wideband 02 (240's only have narrow band OE sensors.. :( )

Brock
12-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Those actually look pretty damn cool. Are they all only available with one extra input though? I'd really like to use it for both boost readings and wideband 02 (240's only have narrow band OE sensors.. :( )

The OBD2 data monitors only have 1 extra input. The R3000, however has 1
input plus a built-in pressure sensor. It was beta tested on an S13 drift car.

Kim_Jong_Il
12-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Interesting thanks for the quick reply. What did they do for a video screen? A headunit with a video display?

Brock
12-13-2006, 12:05 AM
Interesting thanks for the quick reply. What did they do for a video screen? A headunit with a video display?

It was a standard 7" automotive LCD, not a head unit. It was about the size
of 2 DIN spaces and fit into the center console nicely (without a radio).

Kim_Jong_Il
12-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Looking into my options on the display.

All the units look pretty versatile, especially since you have the flexibility to change up the programming if your doing medium size batches.

I see that you offer a map sensor on the r3000 and an input for an external map on your other units. Have you thought about adding the functionality of reading and controlling a boost solenoid? I was looking at the perrin solenoids the other day, they are available for aftermarket ems systems and relatively reasonably priced. That would make it a hell of tool, not that it already isn't.

Brock
12-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Looking into my options on the display.

All the units look pretty versatile, especially since you have the flexibility to change up the programming if your doing medium size batches.

I see that you offer a map sensor on the r3000 and an input for an external map on your other units. Have you thought about adding the functionality of reading and controlling a boost solenoid? I was looking at the perrin solenoids the other day, they are available for aftermarket ems systems and relatively reasonably priced. That would make it a hell of tool, not that it already isn't.

Yes, we are investigating the boost control. But it requires additional
components and development time, so no estimate on when it might make
it into a new product.

We are also going to release an
auto timer module next year (spring) that is controled by any of our data
monitors. We are already adding the function to the next firmware release
of all the data monitors.

Kim_Jong_Il
12-13-2006, 12:05 PM
Fairly interested in your boost control possibilities.

Ideally what I would like (and I'm sure many others), is something like the 920 that can perform basic boost control and display (like the AEM tru-boost gauge) and accept the input of a WB o2 meter. That would save me from having to have gauges hanging off my pillar, plus the added playback features you support.

Is the WB o2 input only compatible with the Lc1 output? I'm guessing the display can't be wired directly to a bosch WB sensor?

Thanks again, I've got you listed in the 240 section, hopefully we can generate some extra traffic for you.

Brock
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
Fairly interested in your boost control possibilities.

Ideally what I would like (and I'm sure many others), is something like the 920 that can perform basic boost control and display (like the AEM tru-boost gauge) and accept the input of a WB o2 meter. That would save me from having to have gauges hanging off my pillar, plus the added playback features you support.

Is the WB o2 input only compatible with the Lc1 output? I'm guessing the display can't be wired directly to a bosch WB sensor?

Thanks again, I've got you listed in the 240 section, hopefully we can generate some extra traffic for you.

The wideband input is compatible with any 0-5v input, 10:1 to 20:1 ratio.
It is not designed to plug directly into a sensor. Some electronics are needed.
It should work with other widebands on the market as long as the output
can be adjusted to the above range. Our data monitors also support the
"free-air" calibration of the LC-1.

We appreciate all comments and opinions. We may be gear heads, but we
design our products for our customers, so the more input we have from
them, the more likely we can give them what they want.

Kim_Jong_Il
12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Thats good news as I was looking at AEM's wb setup. It's great to see a company so eager to hear input as well.

Noticed that king motorsports sells your unit right now at a really good price (part of the sale) as well as a din mount kit for the 920. Is the mount kit something they made based on your template or something you supply? Curious about how well it fits.

Brock
12-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Thats good news as I was looking at AEM's wb setup. It's great to see a company so eager to hear input as well.

Noticed that king motorsports sells your unit right now at a really good price (part of the sale) as well as a din mount kit for the 920. Is the mount kit something they made based on your template or something you supply? Curious about how well it fits.

We designed the DIN kit and it fits great. It uses the current R920 electronics.
So it can be retro-fitted to an existing R920 if someone wants to mount it in
a DIN opening.

Kim_Jong_Il
12-13-2006, 11:27 PM
From the ones I'm finding online it looks like it fits the honda OBD-II ports. Does the plug fit the nissan consult port, or is it a bare wire install?

Brock
12-14-2006, 07:39 AM
From the ones I'm finding online it looks like it fits the honda OBD-II ports. Does the plug fit the nissan consult port, or is it a bare wire install?

It is a simple connection to the diagnostic connector, but it has to be 1996
or later (OBD2). Before that, vehicle manufacturers used a non-standard
protocol, each being different.

see the following for more info:

http://www.brockwayengineering.com/applications.html

http://www.brockwayengineering.com/obd2.html

Kim_Jong_Il
12-14-2006, 08:15 AM
I see. So you just need to the power, ground, and tx/rx lines I'm guessing?

I built a consult reading tool a while back when I was in school. Was going to do something similar with a friend, but never went through with it (graduation and working for the man put a stop to that).

Brock
12-14-2006, 08:25 AM
I see. So you just need to the power, ground, and tx/rx lines I'm guessing?

I built a consult reading tool a while back when I was in school. Was going to do something similar with a friend, but never went through with it (graduation and working for the man put a stop to that).

Interesting... "Nissan Consult", meaning OBD1, right?

Kim_Jong_Il
12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
My car is a 96. The OBD-II functions run through the consult port. I had a document somewhere that I used for writing the protocols for communication, probably long gone.

Brock
12-14-2006, 08:35 AM
My car is a 96. The OBD-II functions run through the consult port. I had a document somewhere that I used for writing the protocols for communication, probably long gone.

If it is a 1996 (including the ECU), then it is OBD2. The "consult" port is really
the standard OBD2 diagnostic port and should look like this:

http://www.brockwayengineering.com/resources/OBD2_Connector.jpg

Kim_Jong_Il
12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Sorry, got confused. You are correct, I have just always focused on CONSULT protocol.

It would be good to develop units with consult compatibility as well. With me I run a 96 so I have the ODB port, but I'm changing to an enthalpy tuned ECU, which requires the swap to an earlier OBDI ecu, killing my OBD-II functions. CONSULT will still work however (I believe it works back to 91 nissans, possibly earlier).

CONSULT will also work for this with SR swaps, there are just four wires from the ECU for them to connect if they haven't wired the plug up. Provides great functionality, and a lot if not all of the same info. If you can get a unit to work with the nissan protocol you have a potentially powerful diagnostic tool for people people doing new swaps or just troubleshooting.

I got back to you via PM as well.

Brock
12-14-2006, 02:26 PM
If we could get our hands on information for the OBD1 diagnostic protocol,
then we would certainly offer a version of our data monitors for those vehicles.