PDA

View Full Version : 240sx upgrade options

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2002, 09:17 PM
I am planning on buying a new car, The 240 sx seem like a good choice. How does it perform stock. What kind of upgrade options do i have w/o doing a swap

**DONOTDELETE**
02-27-2002, 09:32 PM
Without doing a swap your looking at doing all the basic kinda stuff. Intake, headers, exhaust, ecu, ect. They aren't the fastest out of the box but the engine gives you something to work with. Do the conversion and sawp bigdaddy http://www.freshalloy.com/

[ 02-27-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Bobby Digital ]

NISSANSPDR
02-27-2002, 09:39 PM
The 240SX (and I assume you are talking about the DOHC) is a good performer. 155HP and 160 lbs of torque out of the box. It lacks a bit of high end HP, but you can remedy that w/the aforementioned intake, headers, exhaust, ECU. Furthermore, you can get cams, port polish job, clutch, flywheel, underdrive pulley, and other little goodies. But that pretty much does it for the engine NA wise. Then you got brakes, suspension, wheels, body kit (or not) and other cosmetic goodies if you are into that (not me). She'll do the quarter in 16.1 stock which is not stellar but is better than alot of Honda's stock wise (older ones)...she definitely will like all those mods mentioned above and she'll probably w/those end up doing mid to high 14's w/a good driver...and possibly slicks. Good luck and welcome to FA.

Steeles
02-28-2002, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by bigdaddy17:
I am planning on buying a new car, The 240 sx seem like a good choice. How does it perform stock. What kind of upgrade options do i have w/o doing a swap<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]There are also turbo kits available for the KA. you didnt mention staying NA so thought I'd mention it. all the above comments still hold true of course. Most of the basic bolt on turbo kits put you around 200HP to the wheels or so. and of course welcome to the boards

Brandon

WarpFlyght
02-28-2002, 02:42 PM
The KA24DE has a lot of potential if you set your mind to keeping it. Since you don't want to do the swap, the other suggestions above are probably your best first options. If you are interested in turbocharging, the KA can be quite powerful. To push it very hard when turbocharged would require building up the bottom end. There are numerous posts available on this subject.