PDA

View Full Version : New Dyno numbers vs Old Dyno numbers, check em out!

SixSpeedSleuth
01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Okay, here is the original dyno done on a DynoJet 248X in third gear with NGK BKR7E's gapped at .028. After I checked my timing after the pulls, I noticed it was at 21*.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/StopTheExcuses/NissanDyno-1.jpg
Now, this is the new dyno pulls done on a DynoJet 228X, in fourth gear with NGK BKR7E's gapped at .024 and the timing brought back to 15*. Does that choppiness in the torque and power around 4K to 5K look right? Also, do these numbers look more how it should with my setup? GT2871R.64, JWT S4's, Greddy Intake Manifold. Both dyno runs were at 18.5 PSI (Says the cheap Autometer gauges and Greddy Boost Controller)
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j15/StopTheExcuses/Finished_dyno_1_2__3.jpg

codyace
01-20-2007, 03:26 AM
Ah, that looks MUCH better!!!

Torque comes on sooner, and is greater, as well as the HP. I'd say you're right on par for 18 psi with your mods :)

Your car must feal 100 percent better now!!!

This thread should stand as further proof as to why proper timing is very important in a cars performance, and that 'restabing the cas' dosn't always get the trick done.

Again, great results!

GlacierFreeze
01-20-2007, 03:53 PM
+75ft/lb @ 4000rpm is pretty good haha.

Dcell
01-20-2007, 04:23 PM
What software are the two dyno's using? When I upgraded the software on our dyno (2wd Dynojet 248X, WinPep 7) from Windows 2000 to XP, the sampling rate increased, causing "choppy" dyno graphs. Good numbers, makes me wish I'd bought a 2871 .64 instead of the 2860 .86.

SixSpeedSleuth
01-20-2007, 10:03 PM
What software are the two dyno's using? When I upgraded the software on our dyno (2wd Dynojet 248X, WinPep 7) from Windows 2000 to XP, the sampling rate increased, causing "choppy" dyno graphs. Good numbers, makes me wish I'd bought a 2871 .64 instead of the 2860 .86.

I think you found out the reason for the choppiness. I had to download the newest version of WinPep 7 from DynoJet.com to view the dynos, so that must be it. Thanks man!

SequenceGarage
01-20-2007, 10:06 PM
im pretty sure being in 4th instead of 3rd has to do with the spool improvement

and im sure the car feels very similar i think it was more the dyno than the timing, since when does too advanced timing make a car slower?

2slow240sx
01-21-2007, 12:00 AM
and im sure the car feels very similar i think it was more the dyno than the timing, since when does too advanced timing make a car slower?

Once you advance past MBT, the torque begins to fall off, sometimes even before detonation begins (or at least before it's detected).

SequenceGarage
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
you rarely get there on a turbo car though

Enthalpy
01-21-2007, 07:33 PM
the choppiness could also be boost controller related. opening and closing the WG and having boost fluctuate. if you dont feel it when driving i wouldnt worry about it. it appears in your first dyno run as well if you look closely. turn the smoothing up on your run viewer software and it wont look so bad. smoothing was set to zero on your new graphs. I usually view in Smoothing 0 for the pulls themself. but smoothing 3 for showing people results.

numbers and spool look much better. glad you found everything you were expecting.

rs4race
01-22-2007, 03:51 AM
what are you running for exhaust? I would expect more torque with those cams, intake manifold, full exhaust (including manifold) at that boost. I made more at 16psi even tho i have more mods I would still think with bigger cams and a similar intake setup and exhaust setup you would make equal or more power.

I suppose diffrent gases, climates, tunes, and everything could contribute to the diffrence, but usually I think people make more tq in the midrange and it drops off alot more up top then what your dyno shows. However it does look great compared to your original dyno.

SixSpeedSleuth
01-22-2007, 11:14 AM
what are you running for exhaust? I would expect more torque with those cams, intake manifold, full exhaust (including manifold) at that boost. I made more at 16psi even tho i have more mods I would still think with bigger cams and a similar intake setup and exhaust setup you would make equal or more power.

I suppose diffrent gases, climates, tunes, and everything could contribute to the diffrence, but usually I think people make more tq in the midrange and it drops off alot more up top then what your dyno shows. However it does look great compared to your original dyno.

I'm running the Apexi N1 Duals. What mods do you have that I don't? Do you have your Dyno graph so I can compare? Thanks for the feedback!

TS4l
01-22-2007, 11:26 AM
I think with the S4 cams you are making the TQ numbers i would expect. The S4 cam's don't really make peak tq and then drop off like a lot of other cams do. They seem to just make tq and stay there. Well atleast until the boost is uped and they are pushed more to their max. Good number enjoy.

codyace
01-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I made more at 16psi even tho i have more mods I would still think with bigger cams and a similar intake setup and exhaust setup you would make equal or more power.

As we said before, piston size and c/r helped your car achieve what it did...

2slow240sx
01-23-2007, 04:24 AM
you rarely get there on a turbo car though

Rarely, yes.

Alpha
02-06-2007, 12:08 AM
the choppiness could also be boost controller related. opening and closing the WG and having boost fluctuate. if you dont feel it when driving i wouldnt worry about it. it appears in your first dyno run as well if you look closely. turn the smoothing up on your run viewer software and it wont look so bad. smoothing was set to zero on your new graphs. I usually view in Smoothing 0 for the pulls themself. but smoothing 3 for showing people results.

numbers and spool look much better. glad you found everything you were expecting.
http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/icons/icon14.gif http://forums.freshalloy.com/images/icons/icon14.gif