PDA

View Full Version : no more 1990

**DONOTDELETE**
03-03-2002, 11:28 AM
i just posted saying i was gettin a 1990 240sx but i just found out that someone bought it today, i was going to tommorow because i couldnt get money until then, but i found a 1990 with an sr20 in it for 6500, then engine has 18000 miles on it. I was just wonderin if this is a very good deal or not?

97KAT
03-03-2002, 11:51 AM
It really depends on the condition, but yes I would say it is worth it because it costs about 6 grand just to do a basic swap.

97KAT
03-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Very good point.

Originally posted by old_s13:
yeah but then again, buying a car that is modified is kinda lame because you dont know whats been touched - and what hasnt.

you know, lets just say that previous owner did what some of us do.. like, installing a turbo timer at 1AM just so it can be "installed" - you know. And well, he didnt have the tools to solder the wires so he quickly electrical taped them, right? The previous owner, like many, figured he'd cleanup the install "later" -- oh yeah, sure. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Now you buy a car that has a ghetto as SR install and the owner doesnt know jack because he paid to have it installed at some shop that doesnt exist anymore because they are now out of bid'ness.

Hehe.. okay, I'm just trying to give you a scenerio.. this isnt always the case, but most of the time we dont buy our cars from people who are well-organized and knowledgable with what they've done. If it was "that" good, why are they selling it?

When buying a car, I prefer stock.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-03-2002, 02:18 PM
But figure that the problems most likely have been sorted out already and that you get a "free shell" with it. Still a crapshoot, just like any unknown engine is

**DONOTDELETE**
03-03-2002, 05:30 PM
aaaaaaaaahahahahah

suuuuuuuuuure... everyone sells their cars AFTER the kinks have been worked out, right? right? hehehe..

I am not saying its not possible. There is a chance that you can pickup a modified car thats been modded the right way. BUT, most people sell for two reasons:
a) money
b) pita

If the reason is (A), then you're okay.. because the person needs cash and cant afford to keep their wonderful car. If the answer is (B), PITA, I'm not talking about the mediterranean bread.. hehe, they are selling because the car has been too much of a headache OR something has popped up (accident, soon to be problem, etc).

I can tell you this much. At one point I was fixing my car up so that I can sell it for a good price and actually make money. HAHAHA.. oh boy, who was I kidding.. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Originally posted by alchemist:
But figure that the problems most likely have been sorted out already and that you get a "free shell" with it. Still a crapshoot, just like any unknown engine is<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]

**DONOTDELETE**
03-04-2002, 12:10 AM
yeah but then again, buying a car that is modified is kinda lame because you dont know whats been touched - and what hasnt.

you know, lets just say that previous owner did what some of us do.. like, installing a turbo timer at 1AM just so it can be "installed" - you know. And well, he didnt have the tools to solder the wires so he quickly electrical taped them, right? The previous owner, like many, figured he'd cleanup the install "later" -- oh yeah, sure. http://www.freshalloy.com/

Now you buy a car that has a ghetto as SR install and the owner doesnt know jack because he paid to have it installed at some shop that doesnt exist anymore because they are now out of bid'ness.

Hehe.. okay, I'm just trying to give you a scenerio.. this isnt always the case, but most of the time we dont buy our cars from people who are well-organized and knowledgable with what they've done. If it was "that" good, why are they selling it?

When buying a car, I prefer stock.