PDA

View Full Version : EIBACH, KYB, SUSP. TECH. ??

**DONOTDELETE**
03-06-2002, 09:18 PM
Eibach sport kit springs, KYB AGX 5way adjustable shocks, Suspention technics antiroll-bars. Is this a decent set up or are there other pieces I should try? AutoX and road race is going to be my fortay.

NISSANSPDR
03-06-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by erknjerk:
Eibach sport kit springs, KYB AGX 5way adjustable shocks, Suspention technics antiroll-bars. Is this a decent set up or are there other pieces I should try? AutoX and road race is going to be my fortay.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Eibach sport kit springs??? Is this a hybrid of the Prokits and the Sportlines? Hahaha...if it is the Eibach Prokits...good choice...if it is the Sportline's...hope nothing on your car scrapes when you are that low...IMHO it's too low of a drop. KYB AGX's are good...good choice there for the money. ST sway bars...why not Whiteline's...do they make them for your S13? If so...I'd go w/them...in their famous words:

"Our bars stay harder longer"

"Enjoy the ride"

jimc-s13
03-07-2002, 06:21 AM
Eibach sport kit springs, KYB AGX 5way adjustable shocks, Suspention technics antiroll-bars. Is this a decent set up or are there other pieces I should try? AutoX and road race is going to be my fortay.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]The Prokit springs are too soft. The Sportline are stiffer, but they are progressive too. Progressive springs aren't the best for handling. You may want to consider Whiteline or Suspension Techniques springs, they are both linear rate springs.

KYB AGX shocks are 4-way adjustable in front, and 8-way in the rear. I'm not sure where you got 5-way, I've never heard of a 5-way adjustable shock. KYB AGX are only available if you have an S13.

As for the sway bars, you could check either Whiteline or Suspension Techniques.

But then again, your first couple of years it won't matter anyways. Improving the driver will make much more different in autox and track events than improving the car.

Jim

orion
03-07-2002, 06:23 AM
Eibach sport kit springs, KYB AGX 5way adjustable shocks, Suspention technics antiroll-bars...AutoX and road race is going to be my fortay.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]I like the setup, but like NISSANSDPR said, check out the Whiteline Sways: www.pdm-racing.com (http://www.pdm-racing.com)

And for springs...I'd get a linear rate springs for Road Racing- The Eibachs are progressive. ST makes a good linear spring for the S13.

Later - Brian

doggunracing
03-07-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by jimc-s13:
The Prokit springs are too soft. The Sportline are stiffer, but they are progressive too.

Jim<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Do you mean the other way around? Are the Sportlines stiffer? I know they're too low for their spring rate, but I thought that the Pro-Kits had a higher spring rate.