PDA

View Full Version : EX35 pics & details from Nissan Sport magazine

Nissan Sport Ed
03-28-2007, 12:13 AM
For the unveiling of the EX35, with pics and details, go to www.nissansportmag.com (http://www.nissansportmag.com)

Dave Bexfield
Managing Editor, Nissan Sport
www.nissansportmag.com (http://www.nissansportmag.com)

Infinitismith
03-28-2007, 02:37 AM
Saw pics of the exterior and interior weeks ago. If you like the exterior wait until you see the interior. It looks killer!!

albeik
03-28-2007, 07:47 AM
This looks better than I expected! Can't wait to see the interior!! :)

Jawad
03-28-2007, 08:08 AM
http://i13.tinypic.com/30u3csj.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/2qkhyle.jpg

Nissan only just released news that it has suspended development of its heavy-duty pickup--indeed they may scrap the program entirely--and it appears they may even abandon some of their body-on-frame trucks like the Pathfinder, Armada, and Infiniti QX56. The reason? The rising popularity and attractive fuel economy of crossovers. And the company’s latest salvo is sure to shake up the market of SUV/car blends: the Infiniti EX.The Infiniti EX Concept, which made its public debut at the New York International Auto Show in early April, features the sensual lines and performance of a sports car with the utility and all-wheel-drive security of an SUV. And it is a concept essentially in name only. Infiniti sources assured Nissan Sport that the vehicle is as much as 95 percent production ready.
“With this stunning EX Concept, we’re pleased to announce that along with the basic exterior and interior designs, the production Infiniti EX will include much of the EX Concept’s innovative technology,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division, Nissan North America, Inc.
As with many concept cars, the EX does have some cutting edge technology not quite mature enough for production. Such is the case with the EX Concept’s liquid crystal glass roof that electronically alters the top of the vehicle from a transparent state to a more translucent appearance.
“The EX Concept’s glass roof technology is a fascinating study in how technology can be utilized to change the entire interior atmosphere of a vehicle by adding or subtracting not just light, but the occupants’ view of the outside world,” said Igo.
But look for some of the other features to appear on the EX in the near term, such as the Around View Monitor (AVM), which uses miniature cameras mounted behind the windshield and on the sides and rear of the vehicle to help reduce blind spots during parking. Meanwhile, the Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system utilizes a piece of existing technology (Infiniti’s currently available Lane Departure Warning System) to interact with the VDC system and assist the (sleepy? distracted?) driver to maintain lane position if he or she begins to inadvertently drift out of the lane.
While not directly intervening with steering, LDP utilizes VDC braking of individual brakes to begin a gentle yaw movement back into the intended lane. One would assume LDP would not be activated if the driver signals for a lane change. Besides improving the chances that modern drivers might actually use their turn signals, some might see LDP as the next coming of Big Brother. Others may view it as the epitome of benevolent technology. In either case, both AVM and LDP may be considered among the next wave of active safety devices that seamlessly will be woven into our future vehicles.
Other details for the production EX remain unreleased, but sources have told Nissan Sport that it will be a 3.5-liter V6 with a five-speed automatic tranny (we predict it will be the VQ35HR, although the DE is a possibility). The official name for the crossover with be, appropriately, the EX35. You can bet Infiniti will be seeking a balance of fuel economy and performance for this model. Whichever engine is selected, expect to see it matched with an all-wheel drive system with an electric soft-touch shifter controlling it from the cockpit.
Speaking of the cockpit, there’s plenty of leather and aluminum alloy trim from the driver’s seat. The EX Concept features an interior lighting system with special indirect headrest illumination. To your right is a large, leather appointed center console box to hold all your gadgets, while a driver-oriented instrument panel reflects violet colored, high-contrast gauges and a wide LCD monitor for audio and HVAC control. Of course, the signature Infiniti analog clock is present as well. Looking toward the rear, a large rear cargo area combines function with a little flash in aluminum alloy flooring with luggage rails.
“The EX Concept’s interior is all about driving pleasure and passenger comfort,” said Igo. “Like the exterior, it offers a coupe-like feel but surprising utility--ideal for today’s active lifestyles.”
Utilizing yet another variation of the advanced Front Midship (FM) platform series, the EX Concept is expected to be a sharp handling vehicle. Riding on a 112.0” wheelbase (slightly tighter than the G Coupe’s 112.2”), Infiniti’s crossover will have a relatively small turning circle and enhanced maneuverability. The rear multi-link suspension has a low shock absorber layout to maximize cargo space in the rear. Wheels and tires also look production ready, with 19” seven-spoke alloys carrying 245/55-19 tires.
“The EX Concept is the perfect fusion of a luxury coupe and a high-utility SUV,” said Igo. “Its ‘right-sized’ packaging gives it excellent around town maneuverability, while the wide rear hatch and low load floor make it a versatile performer for everyday and weekend use.”
The EX35 is poised to slide into the lineup next to the highly successful FX series as early as this fall, and certainly before the end of 2007. Expect the crossover, a shoe-size smaller than the FX, to be priced in the mid $30,000 range.

Its everything I speculated, and than some. Stunning.

crikey
03-28-2007, 08:47 AM
If Infiniti prices this right, the X3 and RDX will have tough competition.

MrRyte
03-28-2007, 09:48 AM
As with many concept cars, the EX does have some cutting edge technology not quite mature enough for production. Such is the case with the EX Concept’s liquid crystal glass roof that electronically alters the top of the vehicle from a transparent state to a more translucent appearance. “The EX Concept’s glass roof technology is a fascinating study in how technology can be utilized to change the entire interior atmosphere of a vehicle by adding or subtracting not just light, but the occupants’ view of the outside world,” said Igo.

Not a complaint, but what is it with these glass roofs ? Why bother with a technology that serves little purpose to begin with and will never make it to the production model?:confused:

As for the rest of the vehicle, I give it a thumbs up (even with the Suburu Trifecta looking rear end).

passive
03-28-2007, 09:51 AM
This looks fantastic. I'm not sure if it's better looking than the FX, but it's certainly close.

Go Infiniti!

NissLover
03-28-2007, 10:14 AM
I love it! Very M like in the front. Thought the tailights resemble the Tribeca a little too much. But its executed much better than the Tribeca, so I guess that saves it.

da99
03-28-2007, 12:01 PM
WOW, just WOW.... A home run for Infiniti! If this is priced right, this WILL be my next purchase!

psriniv
03-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Time to replace my aging 1998 I30t. Will go the EX35 way to pair with my I35

NotEnufSpeed
03-28-2007, 02:07 PM
yeah this may be my next vehicle

ryan.mccabe.2
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Stunning, and I'm still soaking it in.

I wonder now how far up-market the next FX is going to move...

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I can just hear the compliments now.

"Hey, that Nissan Rogue you got there is pretty."

I still get people confusing the FX with the Murano.

4U4ME
03-28-2007, 03:16 PM
this will kill Acura and BMW
this looks good

chillinmofo1
03-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Pictures in different lighting:
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/infiniti_ex_concept.jpg
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/infiniti_ex_concept_1.jpg
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/infiniti_ex_concept_2.jpg

Infiniti driver
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Soooo worth the wait. I can't wait to see all the stats. I think it looks fantastic... I can definitely see one in my garage by years end....sweet!

helldorado
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Its like the G37 and FX had a baby. It strikes me as a tall 5 door. I love it.

I predict this little wonder will sell like beer in the bleachers at Wrigley ... and that it'll be parked next to my G35 by 2008.
--Dave Bexfield, Managing Editor
+1 Except I'm thinking 2009. :D

da99
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM

It's already happening! Many idiots are commenting on other sites that the EX is just an Infiniti version of the Rogue or that the EX is based on the same platform as the Rogue. It's a crying shame how uninformed and uneducated people can be at times. :(

da99
03-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Soooo worth the wait. I can't wait to see all the stats. I think it looks fantastic... I can definitely see one in my garage by years end....sweet!

+1

da99
03-28-2007, 06:55 PM
this will kill Acura and BMW
this looks good

You are correct my friend, if Nissan/Infiniti prices this baby right, Acura and BMW don't stand a chance!

The RDX starts at $32k (not bad, but a turbo 4??? c'mon now!) and a BMW x3 starts at $38k (overpriced just like all BMW's). My guess, a RWD EX starting at about $31k with a nicely loaded AWD version going for about $35-36k. :D

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 07:03 PM
It's already happening! Many idiots are commenting on other sites that the EX is just an Infiniti version of the Rogue or that the EX is based on the same platform as the Rogue. It's a crying shame how uninformed and uneducated people can be at times. :(

Maybe we should make stupid, uneducated comments as well. I'll start.

I believe the RDX is nothing but a dressed up CRV. The X3 is a glorified Mini Cooper. The Gallardo is now just an Audi. The Cayenne is just VW Touraeg. Oh, what's that you say? It is? My mistake on that one.

da99
03-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Maybe we should make stupid, uneducated comments as well. I'll start.

I believe the RDX is nothing but a dressed up CRV.

Actually, you've been beaten on this one. I've already seen this being said elsewhere..... :rolleyes:

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Actually, you've been beaten on this one. I've already seen this being said elsewhere..... :rolleyes:

Well, I didn't feel the need to resort to erroneous remarks but my hand has been forced. I'm glad there aren't nearly as many flamers and idiots on this forum as others.

chillinmofo1
03-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Sites have reported pricing will start in the mid 30s, right below where the FX35 starts, so the EX35 will probably start off at about 34k for a RWD version.

da99
03-28-2007, 08:07 PM
I was thinking about this... we don't even know for sure there even will be a RWD version. Maybe it'll be AWD only just like the RDX is???? Car and Driver is reporting that AWD will be standard, so who knows....

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope AWD is not going to be standard. I know a lot of folks in the continental US wouldn't mind but here in Hawaii it is useless for the most part. The only time it comes in handy here is when it rains really bad but even then that's nothing good driving habits can't overcome. I would hate to have to pay extra for something that wouldn't get put to use.

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Did some searching on nissannews and found this...

At a Glance: Infiniti EX Concept

The Infiniti EX Concept, with its seductive, coupe-inspired design, luxurious interior and unique liquid crystal glass roof that can change from transparent to translucent, looks like the quintessential show car. In reality, the EX Concept is a preview of the all-new Infiniti EX luxury crossover SUV, which is set to arrive at Infiniti retailers nationwide by the end of calendar year 2007.

The EX Concept also showcases two innovative systems that are expected to be the first production versions in the world when the new Infiniti EX goes on sale in North America in late 2007: Around View Monitor (AVM) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP).

The AVM system utilizes front, side and rear-mounted cameras to help reduce the blind spots when parking, while the LDP system takes Infiniti’s currently available Lane Departure Warning System into a new dimension of safety by actively using the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) system to help assist the driver in maintaining lane position if the vehicle inadvertently starts to drift out of the lane.

Like every Infiniti model, the EX Concept also emphasizes exhilarating driving performance, combining V6 power, a 5-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.

Highlights of the Infiniti EX Concept include:

Body

A fusion of coupe and sport utility vehicle, designed for personal use with an emphasis on user friendliness and ease of driving operation
Unique liquid crystal glass roof panel that can change from transparent to translucent
Infiniti signature double-arch grille and dynamic arch profile
Infiniti signature L-shaped headlights with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), integrated fog lights
Thin, elegant LED taillights
All-in-one sash-style side door mirrors with integrated LED turn signals
Electric outside door handles with push switches
High-mounted rear hatchback spoilerEngine, Driveline and Platform

V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission
Infiniti FM platform, front-engine/all-wheel drive
4-wheel independent multi-link suspension
4-wheel power-assisted vented disc brakes with 4-wheel Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) with Preview Braking
19-inch 7-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels with 245/55R19 tiresInterior Features

Driver-oriented, leather-appointed interior with luxurious passenger space
Liquid crystal glass sunroof with touch sensor system control
Infiniti signature "double-wave" instrument panel and Infiniti-signature analog clock
High contrast instrumentation with aluminum-alloy bezel surround
Electric soft-touch shifter system, designed for an artistic, jewel-like appearance
Aluminum-alloy door-side finishers and speaker finish
Oversize front and rear seat headrests with indirect lighting
Special ambient mood lighting throughout the cabin
Large-sized, high-touch leather-appointed center console
Aluminum-alloy rear cargo area finisher with integrated luggage rails
Innovative AVM system with front, side and rear-mounted cameras to help reduce the blind spots when parkingSafety

Innovative LDP system, using a small camera mounted behind the windshield and an advanced microprocessing unit, utilizes the VDC system to help assist the driver in maintaining lane position if the vehicle inadvertently starts to drift out of the lane

Looks like I'm S#it out of luck.

da99
03-28-2007, 09:32 PM

I dunno about that, good find on the info, but if you notice it's info specifically about the concept. The production version may or may not have a RWD option. Personally, I would opt for an AWD version anyway, the weather can get kinda hairy here on Long Island NY.

Jawad
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM

No where does it say that the AWD is standard. Its not even standard on the FX, why would it be on the EX?

kotoma
03-29-2007, 09:19 AM
Not a complaint, but what is it with these glass roofs ? Why bother with a technology that serves little purpose to begin with and will never make it to the production model?:confused:

As for the rest of the vehicle, I give it a thumbs up (even with the Suburu Trifecta looking rear end).

This is the Liquid form glass roof that is available in Maybach line. It has the capability to transform from transparent to solid with a touch of a button. I don't think it will be in production since this will drive the cost up.

MrRyte
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
This is the Liquid form glass roof that is available in Maybach line. It has the capability to transform from transparent to solid with a touch of a button. I don't think it will be in production since this will drive the cost up.
Therein lies my point. ;)

It just bugs me that they'll show a concept vehicle with a ton of cool stuff, get everyone's hopes up then realize after the hoopla that it's not feasible for them to make a vehicle with all the techno-goodies they first displayed (you've probably figured out which Infiniti vehicle I'm referring to; but that equestrian has been pummeled way beyond the afterlife....:cool: ).

EX35
03-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Therein lies my point. ;)

It just bugs me that they'll show a concept vehicle with a ton of cool stuff, get everyone's hopes up then realize after the hoopla that it's not feasible for them to make a vehicle with all the techno-goodies they first displayed (you've probably figured out which Infiniti vehicle I'm referring to; but that equestrian has been pummeled way beyond the afterlife....:cool: ).

It is the intent of the 'concept' vehicle to be an exercise in design and innovation. It is through this exercise that they are able to get these great things to market. Be patient...all in good time. You want it to work right...right? :)

rich/minn
03-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Here are some pictures of the interior..http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3151433

se92692
03-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Another profile view:

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/concept/2008/800px/04%20EX%20Concept.jpg

foobs
03-30-2007, 05:04 AM
Hopefully this beautiful piece of art will not get too dumbed down when it goes into production. There's alot of obvious things that probably wont make production like the sunroof but i'm crossing my fingers that Infiniti will keep the large wheels/brakes, illuminated headrests and the rideheight.

rich/minn
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM
I got these exterior specs for the ex35, from another board. They are not official.

Wheelbase 112"
length 185.2"
width 72"
HEIGHT 63.2"

da99
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
I got these exterior specs for the ex35, from another board. They are not official.

Wheelbase 112"
length 185.2"
width 72"
HEIGHT 63.2"

Those specs are official. They are the same specs that are posted on nissannews.com. The pdf from nissannews.com with the specs can be found here..

http://nissannews.com/infiniti/concept_vehicles/ex_concept/specs.pdf

da99
03-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Another profile view:

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/concept/2008/800px/04%20EX%20Concept.jpg

Wow that side profile shot is beautiful.

rich/minn
03-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Those specs are official. They are the same specs that are posted on nissannews.com. The pdf from nissannews.com with the specs can be found here..

http://nissannews.com/infiniti/concept_vehicles/ex_concept/specs.pdf

Based upon those specs, how do you think the interior room will compare to a g35 sedan?

222Max
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Based upon those specs, how do you think the interior room will compare to a g35 sedan?

By those specs it's just slightly smaller than the Murano!

da99
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
By those specs it's just slightly smaller than the Murano!

It's also just slightly smaller then the current FX. I'd say if anything it will probably be close to the current FX maybe a bit tighter in terms of interior space.

ryan.mccabe.2
03-31-2007, 07:50 PM
Thos interior shots are amazing. Dare I say that this would be competitive for my next purchase [considers signature edit]. I wonder what the towing specs will be like - if this can say tow my econobox when I get stationed to and fro, it sould be just what the doctor ordered.

GroovinGTR
04-01-2007, 02:24 PM
So Infiniti is essentially bringing out a slightly smaller, slightly cheaper, and slightly more middle-of-the-road CUV than the FX. No suprises here, follows the similar pattern BMW and Acura used to introduce their entry-level CUVs, although done much much sexier than the RDX and X3. The most surprising thing about the EX is that is could have a class-leading interior.

What I am most curious about is what the EX is forcing both the FX and the Murano to evolve in to. The FX will have to grow in length and price but by how much? Will Infiniti 2.0 slight-evolutionary styling continue with the FX? Will Infiniti take a much-needed risk and implement some of the design cues from their "Mini Cooperesque" 6-door SUV concept shown a few years ago? And what will the Murano do with a new in-family competitor boosting RWD and more goodies for just a few more pennies?

templarklimek
04-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Very good question, It will force Infiniti to do something wtih the FX and Mo.

But what? Supersize the FX and alienate it's core mission and loyal customer base or have the FX play the M45 to the G35(hope so.) That is a doable option IMO.

And what about the Mo? If the Ex starts at $32-33 and the mo is close to that what then. The mo is a little bigger perhaps IT will get a 3rd row.

Infiniti driver
04-01-2007, 08:01 PM
FX will increase in size. It will gain a third row. I would assume Infiniti will put in the same engine that's in the G. At least for the FX35. I'm not sure what engine they will put in for the FX45. The EX should be a big success. I wonder how much HP the EX will have....hopefully they release more info at the NY auto show....

Madmaster
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I've mentioned in the other thread about the EX that Infiniti will probably need a 3rd row in the FX to keep up with competition. Look at the MDX, SRX, XC90, GL, X5, etc. The RX will probably get a 3rd row as well since the new highlander has 3 rows standard. I think Infiniti can do a fine job giving it a small 3rd row and keeping it sporty.

The EX could be a killer value when compared to the X3 and RDX, both of which offer less power at similar or, in the X3's case, much higher prices. If the EX gets the 3.7 liter, it'd simply blow away the competition in terms of power should it start around 32,33. Personally I don't think this will eat TOO badly into Murano sales. The Murano starts around 27-28k - a fairly good amount cheaper. With the introduction of the Rogue though, one must wonder if the Murano will also need 3 rows. Nissan is lacking a larger Crossover SUV, and with the arrival of the new excellent GM models, the Hyundai Veracruz, the new Highlander and Pilot, the CX9, etc, the Murano almost appears to be in a different class as a much smaller, though sportier, vehicle.

Also said in the past - the Rogue will definately need a VQ engine, especially if the Murano moves up in size.

Infiniti should also start introducing either CVTs or 6 spd autos. Even the Ford, GM and DCX models are moving up to 6 speeds in their not so expensive vehicles.

ryan.mccabe.2
04-01-2007, 10:51 PM
Many of us have long wondered why NNA has been lagging behind in the AT department. My hope is that they have developed some slick new tech that will be implemented first in the GTR, and then filter down to the rest of the poduct line, a la Moly coatings. I imagine an improvement on DSG tech, similar to how they 1up'd Valvetronic with VVL. This could be wishful thinking, but they can't possibly be just realizing that a 5AT no longer cuts the mustard.

MrRyte
04-02-2007, 08:22 AM
Many of us have long wondered why NNA has been lagging behind in the AT department. My hope is that they have developed some slick new tech that will be implemented first in the GTR, and then filter down to the rest of the poduct line, a la Moly coatings. I imagine an improvement on DSG tech, similar to how they 1up'd Valvetronic with VVL. This could be wishful thinking, but they can't possibly be just realizing that a 5AT no longer cuts the mustard.
Well, there's a possibility that Infiniti may introduce a variation of the GTR manumatic tranny. But I still find it baffling that Nissan/Infiniti couldn't at least add a lower OD gear to the already excellent 5AT that they been using for the last few years. :confused:

GroovinGTR
04-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I think what we will see with the Murano is what happened with the release of the 3rd generation Altima. Essentially the Altima came out as a 7/8ths copy of the Maxima and then forced the next gen. Maxima into a whole new class/vehicle. Altima took over the Maxima's territory and Maxima grew from 4DSC into near-luxury full-sized land barge. Was a good marketing tool, used the value of the Maxima name to enter into a different price braket. The Rogue is the 7/8ths scale Murano, therefore no surprises if the Murano turns into a CX-9 sized vehicle. Murano name helps sell a $40k+ when fully loaded Nissan, something Mazda will have trouble doing with the CX-9. If Rogue gets a V-6 option all will be well, and Nissan/Infiniti can sell the Murano and EX at same price point because they will be significantly different sizes. New Murano/Rogue combo will account for easily 50,000 more units sold per year, although probably at the expense of the Armada and the Pathfinder.

The EX is also a 7/8ths replacement of the FX. Therefore another major change will take place. Like I said before the FX needs more of an overhaul if we're looking at $42k for an FX37 and $50k+ for the FX50. Much more luxurious and a more compromising ride are necessities. Cargo space was always an issue even without 3 rows so baby needs to grow! I'd like to see something a little bit bigger than a new X5 but in the same ballpark. The new EX/FX combo should drastically increase Infiniti's SUV sales. Hopefully that will light a fire under corporate's ass to rethink the whole QX56 idea!

As for the 5-speed automatic replacement I think look no further than CVT. I think the Altima is a testing ground for how well CVT will be accepted and I wouldn't be surprised to see it trickle up to Infiniti soon. Seems like where all automatics will eventually head anyways if everyone keeps trying to one-up the other. Coupled with paddle-shifters it could actually be a sporty alternative.

ZYAL8R808
04-02-2007, 02:48 PM
The CVT would be a good choice. However, I'm not sure if Nissan has one to fit in a RWD layout. The CVT transmission is a compact unit and so far has only been used in FWD vehicles. There have been questions about how much load the CVT can handle. RWD would put more strain on it due to the heavier drivetrain layout.

222Max
04-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I think what we will see with the Murano is what happened with the release of the 3rd generation Altima. Essentially the Altima came out as a 7/8ths copy of the Maxima and then forced the next gen. Maxima into a whole new class/vehicle. Altima took over the Maxima's territory and Maxima grew from 4DSC into near-luxury full-sized land barge. Was a good marketing tool, used the value of the Maxima name to enter into a different price braket. The Rogue is the 7/8ths scale Murano, therefore no surprises if the Murano turns into a CX-9 sized vehicle. Murano name helps sell a $40k+ when fully loaded Nissan, something Mazda will have trouble doing with the CX-9. If Rogue gets a V-6 option all will be well, and Nissan/Infiniti can sell the Murano and EX at same price point because they will be significantly different sizes. New Murano/Rogue combo will account for easily 50,000 more units sold per year, although probably at the expense of the Armada and the Pathfinder.

The EX is also a 7/8ths replacement of the FX. Therefore another major change will take place. Like I said before the FX needs more of an overhaul if we're looking at $42k for an FX37 and $50k+ for the FX50. Much more luxurious and a more compromising ride are necessities. Cargo space was always an issue even without 3 rows so baby needs to grow! I'd like to see something a little bit bigger than a new X5 but in the same ballpark. The new EX/FX combo should drastically increase Infiniti's SUV sales. Hopefully that will light a fire under corporate's ass to rethink the whole QX56 idea!

As for the 5-speed automatic replacement I think look no further than CVT. I think the Altima is a testing ground for how well CVT will be accepted and I wouldn't be surprised to see it trickle up to Infiniti soon. Seems like where all automatics will eventually head anyways if everyone keeps trying to one-up the other. Coupled with paddle-shifters it could actually be a sporty alternative.

I think you have something on nearly every point. As for the QX, it's not going anywhere because Infiniti makes so much profit off each sale. The QX will be a better fit into Infiniti's image when production is moved to Japan and it becomes a more Land Roveresque vehicle based on the next Patrol.

commonalias
04-25-2007, 01:54 PM
Looks like a MURANO/G35/FX combo. On drugs. The EX is the new Infiniti red-headed step child. No originality - what a shame. As an FX owner, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Heat00
07-31-2007, 10:09 AM

I still get people confusing the FX with the Murano.

I'm not so sure a Murano looks like the FX... not even close really.
As for this one. we'll have to wait and see it in person.
concept pics look good, but what will it actually look like?

EX35
07-31-2007, 12:05 PM
Only stupid people confuse the the Murano and FX...those same stupid people will probably compare the Rogue w/the EX. I really don't care much for what stupid people thinnk.

Nissan Sport Ed
08-09-2007, 08:00 PM
Infiniti will officially unveil the production version of their EX35 on August 18 at the Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance. The new vehicle does have another tech innovation that has not yet been released to the public (it's pretty cool). We'll have more details as soon as they are available, especially since I'm buying this CUV. Also look for an update in the Fall 07 issue. Q's? Hit me at editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield

Heat00
08-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Infiniti will officially unveil the production version of their EX35 on August 18 at the Pebble Beach Concours d' Elegance. The new vehicle does have another tech innovation that has not yet been released to the public (it's pretty cool). We'll have more details as soon as they are available, especially since I'm buying this CUV. Also look for an update in the Fall 07 issue. Q's? Hit me at editor@nissansportmag.com.

Dave Bexfield

You can't do that to us, you must tell... Please :)

da99
08-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Dave Bexfield

Damn you! Don't tease us like that! :D What could this new tech innovation be... hmmm ok folks begin speculation........ now.

Nissan Sport Ed
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
To further fan the speculation flames: we have reported on the new tech innovation in a past issue of Nissan Sport / Sport Z Magazine. Wish I could say more, but we promised Infiniti we'd keep our mouths shut.

Dave Bexfield

Heat00
08-12-2007, 01:36 PM
how about just posting the article for us... that way you didn't say anything :)

or at least is it posted on a website of yours somewhere???

m.o.h
08-12-2007, 01:51 PM
To further fan the speculation flames: we have reported on the new tech innovation in a past issue of Nissan Sport / Sport Z Magazine. Wish I could say more, but we promised Infiniti we'd keep our mouths shut.

Dave Bexfield

New technique more than the LDP & AVM in new EX?

EX will be provided with three new techniques?

Heat00
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
yes, we must know the 3rd !!!!

EX35
08-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Calm down everyone...The 18th is less than a week away.

da99
08-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Dave Bexfield

Hmmm alrighty then.... where can I find back issues of your magazine? :D Nah, no offense, but I think i'll just be patient and wait till Saturday.

Heat00
08-13-2007, 11:08 PM
how will we know on saturday, where will this info show up??

Jawad
08-16-2007, 09:39 AM

Dave Bexfield

Well allow me to spoil it for everyone. Along with LDP and AVM, it'll have scratch resistant paint. And here are the pictures of production version of the EX.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/auto_news/2007/112_news070816_2008_infiniti_ex35

Nissan Sport Ed
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
That is correct. We're planning on keying the car in Pebble Beach to see if it actually works. :)

We'll have full coverage in the upcoming Fall 2007 issue of Nissan Sport.

Dave Bexfield

ZYAL8R808
08-17-2007, 08:00 PM
The pictures look alright. I can't understand why Infiniti can't at least paint the lower finishing pieces a dark grey or something. I really dislike the flat black plastic.