PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti EX Concept - With Pics - Car & Driver

G_Nice
03-28-2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/image/2007/Q1/032720072350586693.jpg

Infiniti EX Concept - Auto Shows

Honey, they shrunk the FX: A 90-percent-accurate look at the 2008 Infiniti EX35.
BY STEVE SILER, March 2007
The 2007 New York auto show presents the first-ever public viewing of the Infiniti EX concept, a roughly 90-percent-accurate look at the upcoming 2008 Infiniti EX35 crossover vehicle scheduled to make its debut sometime this fall. More of a ground hugger than the Acura RDX but by no means a station wagon, the EX uses a shorter version of Nissan/Infiniti’s ubiquitous FM-platform and suggests that there are still more ways to skin an SUV.

Looking not a little but a lot like the Infiniti’s “bionic cheetah” FX, only a couple sizes smaller, the EX concept shares its big brother’s dramatic proportions, created by slim windows, exaggerated wheels, and a tall hood leading into a high beltline. Setting the EX apart—at least until the FX’s replacement comes around to copy it—is its dipping-coke-bottle character line just above the door handles, as well as the complex interplay of surfaces around the mirrors. Quite cool.

The EX’s all-glass roof adds light to the tight but beautifully sculpted interior, which boasts incredibly comfortable-looking seats and breathtaking materials. Features that we know will make it to production are the Around View Monitor and Lane Departure Prevention. The Around View Monitor system utilizes front, side, and rear-mounted cameras to help with the trivialities of parking; the Lane Departure Prevention system beefs up Infiniti’s currently available Lane Departure Warning System by actively pulsing the brakes to alert the driver if he or she is drifting out of the lane.

We’re pretty sure we won’t like that latter feature, but we’ll reserve judgment until we drive it later this year. Power will come from a derivative of the same 3.5-liter V-6 that produces 306 horsepower in the G35 sedan, mated to a five-speed automatic with manumatic control. All-wheel drive will be standard.

SHIFT_6speeds
03-28-2007, 10:53 AM
With the exception of the QX disaster, Infiniti SUV's rock! This is beautiful.

I see all these beautiful Infiniti designs then look at what Nissan has done lately (the nasty Rogue and Sentra) and I am like, there is no way these companies can be related!

Is the Nissan division making uglies on purpose?

idrive
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Yeah this thing looks cool, I can see most of whats on the concept car going through to production with the exception of the brakes and the transparent to translucent roof of course. I think it even rivals the FX in looks as well...maybe this is the revised FX...it would be due for a change?

ryan.mccabe.2
03-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Very sexy. I love my friend's FX, and this looks to be another home run for Infiniti. I think this will flesh out the lineup beautifully when the new FX arrives. EX, FX, G, G coupe M. All amazing. Once they roll out the New QX based on the Patrol, and a Q replacement, Infiniti will be a true force.

I wonder what they mean by derivative? VQ35DE? HR? I could see the EX getting the VQ35HR, and the new FX getting the VQ37VHR - that would fit in nicely with the FX50 methinks.

NotEnufSpeed
03-28-2007, 11:59 AM
very nice !!!!

da99
03-28-2007, 12:00 PM
THIS is what I've been waiting for! Fantastic! Great job Infiniti. I'll be waiting on line at the dealer for one of these....

07G35S
03-28-2007, 02:00 PM
I guess I'll still be waiting for an infiniti MIDSIZED SUV. And don't tell me thats what the FX is. Nowhere near enough room behind the rear seats with the slope on that backdoor. This car is sharp, if you're in the market for a RDX or X3 though.

brianmita
03-28-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/03/inn_ex_c_rear.jpg

the front is great, but the rear isn't as nice. I like the glass house, but that square back reminds me of that ugly subaru tribeca-thing.

ryan.mccabe.2
03-28-2007, 02:32 PM
^ +1

I think the overall package is still pretty impressive - it's a KO from that first pic.

222Max
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM

the front is great, but the rear isn't as nice. I like the glass house, but that square back reminds me of that ugly subaru tribeca-thing.

Well, that goes for pretty much any car in the world. Even Ferraris don't have as nice a tail as they do a face. The rear of the EX looks fine to me.

4U4ME
03-28-2007, 03:14 PM
WOW, this looks good
nice job from Nissan/infiniti

Madmaster
03-28-2007, 03:23 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/media/news/regularnews/040605/subaru.tribeca.500.jpg

the entire rear end, even the spoiler, look very similar. if this can be priced like the RDX and X3, this should be a sure class winner with its sheer advantage in power. wheres the 3.7 liter?

trondhla
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
You guys over at Infiniti has done a great job with this car!!! There are a bunch of Nissan/Infiniti officials reading this forum remember :D :D

Thumbs up!! This keeps the spirit up and Hyundai people busy copying all nice japanese design :D

4U4ME
03-28-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/media/news/regularnews/040605/subaru.tribeca.500.jpg

the entire rear end, even the spoiler, look very similar. if this can be priced like the RDX and X3, this should be a sure class winner with its sheer advantage in power. wheres the 3.7 liter?
the difference between these
where the tag goes, that is where the Suburu looks guly and Infiniti looks good
you must looking the tail lights

ZYAL8R808
03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Remember, Subaru stole design cues from the Murano and FX which were on the market for some time when the Tribeca was released. So, who's SUV look like who's. If you ask me, Lexus started the whole thing with the RX and Nissan/Infiniti took a good idea and made it great. Thus, making Nissan/Infiniti one of the leaders in this rapidly growing segment.

helldorado
03-28-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow. I've always liked the FX a lot and know I need something more practical to augment my coupe as it gets increasingly modded for performance. I think in 2 years I might have to give this a good, solid look.

If that translucent roof makes it to production instead of a sunroof, call that the coolest thing on a SUV, ever!

helldorado
03-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I guess I'll still be waiting for an infiniti MIDSIZED SUV. And don't tell me thats what the FX is. Nowhere near enough room behind the rear seats with the slope on that backdoor. This car is sharp, if you're in the market for a RDX or X3 though.
FX is midsized. Anything else you're thinking of being that big should be classified as a full-size. Mid-size shouldn't include 4500+ pound behemoths!

NisFan
03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow! This is a very nice design from Infiniti. I was kinda hoping that they would also put in a 2.5L VQ as it was trademarked for CX25/35 in the past. Oh well, still looks great. Does anyone have interior photos?

This EX looks better than the Subaru. At least the front doesn't look like a bloated catfish...IMHO. However, I hope Infiniti can change the EX to something better. EX is usually used for trim levels for a car.

infiniti_504
03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
nicceee....any interior shots?? the rear looks like it has a really sharp crease/hard angle...will have to view it in person to make final judgment.

brianmita
03-28-2007, 08:09 PM
the difference between these
where the tag goes, that is where the Suburu looks guly and Infiniti looks good
you must looking the tail lights
yeah I think you're right. it's the horizontal tail lights on the same axis as the trunk ridge that remind me of the tribeca. The tail lights actually remind me of the Sylphy (Which I think to this day should have been the sentra).

still, in traffic, you spend most of your time looking at the back end of a car. it could be better.

CX35
03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Wow! This is a very nice design from Infiniti. I was kinda hoping that they would also put in a 2.5L VQ as it was trademarked for CX25/35 in the past. Oh well, still looks great. Does anyone have interior photos?

Same here, I think an EX25 would be good. Lower base price and better fuel mileage, it would be a hit. I think there should even be a G25 sedan but of course they won't make it even thoug it would probably increase sales of both model by like 25%. Lexus does it with the IS and BMW does this with both the 3er and X3 it gets more people into your brand.

I really like this EX though, can't wait to see it at the NY show.:D

4U4ME
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Infiniti should bring the 2.5 into US, it can gain sales from many cars like TL, IS and even BMW
I hope they will do it

calimenti
03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
:mad::mad::mad:This looks totally like the Subaru Tribeca! ICK!!:mad::mad::mad:

M_TYPE_X
03-28-2007, 09:52 PM
Looks better in front than back.

Someone else's comment on Leftlanenews: "ugh, no more CUVs please"

Is the CX still coming along?

Jawad
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
TOTALLY? OK LETS SEE

http://autoreview.belproject.com/media/1/20060723-subaru-b9-tribeca.jpg

OMG FRONT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A TRIBECA. OK SO THE REAR DOES, BUT SUBARU TOOK THE DESIGN CUES FROM THE FX, AND THE EX LOOKS LIKE THE FX FROM THE REAR, WITH SIMILAR LIGHT, REAR WINDOW, LICENSE PLATE SURROUND ETC. TAKE A LOOK

http://autogl.ru/images/catalog/Infiniti%20FX-35%202003%20sport%20Black_Black%20rear%2003-10-2005.jpg

All that yelling takes a toll on ya.

miata007
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I feel like the rear end is ok. What bother me the most are teh tail lights. They should have kept them the same as FX.

The part I think is cool is the rear side glass area. Looks a lot like a G35 sedan.

NissLover
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I agree, its the tailights that look like they came straight off of a Tribeca. I wish they could have went for a shape that looked like squished G35 Coupe (Last Gen.) tailights modified to fit the body of the EX.

CX35
03-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Is the CX still coming along?

CX = EX. They changed it because of the Mazda CX and here I am stuck with the name..:o

07G35S
03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
FX is midsized. Anything else you're thinking of being that big should be classified as a full-size. Mid-size shouldn't include 4500+ pound behemoths!

I dont think the Pathfinder is considered full-size. I guess I want something more practical than with controversial design.

This car is sweet though, looks good in the pics and I bet even better in person. As long as its doesnt end up the size of a toyota matrix.

SouthStar019
03-28-2007, 11:29 PM
CX = EX. They changed it because of the Mazda CX and here I am stuck with the name..:o

haha better hope mazda comes with a CX35.

M_TYPE_X
03-29-2007, 01:47 AM

:D ... no comment.

Madmaster
03-29-2007, 02:23 AM
FX35 starts around 37k.

Wonder if they could price this around 32k? This would surely undercut the X3's price, and would provide vastly superior performance to anything else in its class, especally the RDX, with 240 horses at 33k. Maybe price the VQ25 at about 28 if possible? If you really wanna blow away the competition, where's the VQ37 that the G, FX, M, GTR, Z, are all getting?

Since this looks so similar to the FX, I wonder how much larger the FX will get? The RX will be getting 3 rows. The MDX has had 3 rows. The X5 just got 3. The SRX has 3. The XC90 has 3. I'd be willing to bet the FX, to the dismay of many people here, will get 3. The GL has 3. Etc. It probably needs it to stay competative in this market.

Something I would also love to see, and it would be the only car in its class, other than the X3, to have it - a 6 speed manual. Whatever the case, 3.5 or 3.7 liter, if they can price it around 33k, which they should considering the FX's price, it could be a real winner in the performance/value category. As is the G. And the M. And hopefully the next Q.

NSE70
03-29-2007, 03:11 AM
The Subaru Tribeca is beautiful.
The EX35 is nice too.

I hope the EX35's interior is as luxurious as the Tribeca's.
Man the Tribeca's awesome.
Just a bit too expensive, slightly underpowered, and guzzles a little much gas.

passive
03-29-2007, 11:40 AM
Regarding FX being mid-size, there's talk in the FX forum of the next-gen having more interior space, so that might address your concern.

As I've stated elsewhere, this thing looks terrific. Pricing should be interesting.

I would like to second the calls for an EX25, or similar. The VQ is obviously fantastic (and given the coupe's modifications, we can be sure it will pick up it's 13th Wards mention soon), but I would love a G-ish wagon that got close to 30MPG.

Perhaps they could transplant the powertrain from the Altima hybrid? It would be good competition for the RX400H, which I see quite a few of around here.

calimenti
03-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Just the ass end looks like the tribecca. Sorry, I was drinking wine last night.

helldorado
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
You can always PM an admin to change that for you. ;)

Jesda
03-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Lesbians are cheering in the streets.

07G35S
03-29-2007, 06:10 PM
Maybe you guys are on to something, FX gets bigger (and 3 rows) and the EX moves into the slot previously filled by the FX. Not sure how a larger FX will look though. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

SouthStar019
03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
if FX is getting larger then the QX must be a limo.

4U4ME
03-30-2007, 02:20 AM
Fx is getting larger but not as big as QX it will be like X5 and Audi Q7

07G35S
03-30-2007, 11:32 AM

The QX is already Huge, so I doubt they "stretch" it, although with the smallest cargo area of the large SUVs I wouldnt put it past them. But with it being so gargantuan, there's room for them to increase the size of the FX without stepping into the large SUV arena.

Stew24
04-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Ok, be a little careful here guys! ... I agree, the EX35 is one sure hit .."AS IT STANDS". ... but just think about the recently released pics of the new production version G37. From this time last year until now, Infiniti designers managed to wipe away 75% of the excitement and magic that the "Infiniti Coupe Concept" had. They flattened the nose, raised the hood and fenders, and absolutely marginalized the the tail in comparison to the concept. I know there's only 6 months til the EX release, but are we looking at an intentional teaser that will be severely marginalized when they show the actual production version? It just happened with the G, so don't rule it out!

NissLover
04-02-2007, 02:37 AM
OMG, give it a rest, the G37 looks just like the Concept besides the front bumper. I wish people would quit whinning about it so much. No matter what the coupe looked like people were going to gripe about it because nothing can ever be as stunning as the original because of the fact that there was nothing like it before. In my opinion the front of the G37 looks much better than the Concept which was to flat and pointy compared to the rest of the body. There will be little to no changes to the EX for production, besides a more conventional bumper up front like they did to the FX concept for production.

Jawad
04-02-2007, 08:15 AM

What are you like, 8 years old? Is BMX X5 and Acura MDX as big as QX?

SHIFT_6speeds
04-02-2007, 09:33 PM
OMG, give it a rest, the G37 looks just like the Concept besides the front bumper. I wish people would quit whinning about it so much. No matter what the coupe looked like people were going to gripe about it because nothing can ever be as stunning as the original because of the fact that there was nothing like it before. In my opinion the front of the G37 looks much better than the Concept which was to flat and pointy compared to the rest of the body. There will be little to no changes to the EX for production, besides a more conventional bumper up front like they did to the FX concept for production.

^ what he said!

Plus the REal G37 looks better than the concept. The concept had the beaky nose and the bulbuosly round rear fetures. The only thing I mis from the G concept is the interior details such as the guages, but that is minor crap.

Ok...now back to the topic at hand, the EX.....

da99
04-03-2007, 05:27 PM
I will be at the NY Auto Show next Tuesday! If I can, I will attempt to get some good pictures of the EX and post them here for you all to enjoy as well as my up close and personal impressions of it.

SHIFT_6speeds
04-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Have all you cats seen the interior yet??

http://bp1.blogger.com/_XEEIzU0UA1M/Rg0n02enwSI/AAAAAAAABE8/o0EjJMpeZP4/s400/001.jpg

222Max
04-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Have all you cats seen the interior yet??

http://bp1.blogger.com/_XEEIzU0UA1M/Rg0n02enwSI/AAAAAAAABE8/o0EjJMpeZP4/s400/001.jpg

Yyyyep. Check some of the other threads.

Infiniti driver
04-04-2007, 06:28 PM
That would be awesome DA99. Hopefully you can get some stats on the engine....

da99
04-04-2007, 10:11 PM
That would be awesome DA99. Hopefully you can get some stats on the engine....

I'll do my best to pump the Infiniti reps for info, hopefully it's not too crowded when I go.

SHIFT_6speeds
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
if there are multiple threads on the same subject, I usally don't visit every one of them.

Stew24
04-05-2007, 02:18 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but people like yourself (Those who have no hint of a critical eye) irk me. "The G looks just like the concept except for the front bumper" ??????? If you really believe this, then you've made my argument for me already! Can you REALLY not see that the entire front cap is different on the production version from the concept? ... not just the front bumper as you suggested ??? Are you truly that visually perceptionally challenged??? The concept has a noticeably low cowl. The concept has really thin front fenders. Compare the height of the two cars front fenders. There is AT LEAST 2 inches of increased height, measured from the apex of the wheel well opening to the crease line on the top of the fender. Also, take note of the fact that the hood on the concept sits low and flat like, nestled "below" the shoulders of the front fenders, but on the production version the hood has a noticeable curving swell that is even, if not slightly "above" the height of the raised fenders, which gives the overall appearance of a much higher cowl than the concept. If you didn't see these differences, then I guess you also didn't see the fact that the concept was wearing fat flared rear quarter panels that are missing from the production version.

Some other things no doubt you didn't see .. the concept wears a "V" shape along the rear of the truck just below the chrome lip spoiler, .. the production version does not. Also, the exhaust exits out the rear corners of the bumper on the concept, but are locatedd under, and more centrally located than the outboard location of the concept. I have never been able to understand how some can have such a lack of appreciation for glaring differences perceptually. There has to some type of dis-connect in how the brain fails to process this information in some. I had a coworker once tell me the current Mustang and the upcoming Camaro concept look just alike!!! Your comment on this car is almost as outrageous!

trondhla
04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Tonns of pictures in the gallery:
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/04/new-york-auto-show-infiniti-ex-concept-debuts/

This is one of the best cars in the show. Well done job on this one.

Jawad
04-05-2007, 02:01 PM
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/337.jpg
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/338.jpg
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/339.jpg
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/340.jpg
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/341.jpg
http://www.thecarlounge.net/gallery/albums//Events/International%20Auto%20Shows/New%20York/2007/342.jpg

helldorado
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Rumor is QX is going to be based on the Patrol, not the Titan anymore as production has shifted to Japan. The Patrol is a serious off road vehicle, so it will more than likely be aimed at Range Rover.

cardriver
04-05-2007, 05:04 PM
the front reminds me of an Benz...CL/SL i donno but it looks good and way nicer than than the tribeca.

Infiniti driver
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
I've noticed none of the pics are showing the engine. Any comments?

Infiniti driver
04-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Cool DA. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing your feedback. Thanks

Jawad
04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
I've noticed none of the pics are showing the engine. Any comments?

It has the same engine/drivetrain as found in the new G35. So it'll look something like this.

http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/ag/infiniti_g35sedan_base_2007_other_9_346x270.jpg

ZYAL8R808
04-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I hope they put projector headlights for the production model.

4U4ME
04-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Rumor is QX is going to be based on the Patrol, not the Titan anymore as production has shifted to Japan. The Patrol is a serious off road vehicle, so it will more than likely be aimed at Range Rover.
Range Rover,LX and GL450

Infiniti driver
04-06-2007, 05:33 AM
It would be very cool if it put out about the same HP as the current FX35. Maybe a little more?

NissLover
04-06-2007, 10:32 AM
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but people like yourself (Those who have no hint of a critical eye) irk me. "The G looks just like the concept except for the front bumper" ??????? If you really believe this, then you've made my argument for me already! Can you REALLY not see that the entire front cap is different on the production version from the concept? ... not just the front bumper as you suggested ??? Are you truly that visually perceptionally challenged??? The concept has a noticeably low cowl. The concept has really thin front fenders. Compare the height of the two cars front fenders. There is AT LEAST 2 inches of increased height, measured from the apex of the wheel well opening to the crease line on the top of the fender. Also, take note of the fact that the hood on the concept sits low and flat like, nestled "below" the shoulders of the front fenders, but on the production version the hood has a noticeable curving swell that is even, if not slightly "above" the height of the raised fenders, which gives the overall appearance of a much higher cowl than the concept. If you didn't see these differences, then I guess you also didn't see the fact that the concept was wearing fat flared rear quarter panels that are missing from the production version.

Some other things no doubt you didn't see .. the concept wears a "V" shape along the rear of the truck just below the chrome lip spoiler, .. the production version does not. Also, the exhaust exits out the rear corners of the bumper on the concept, but are locatedd under, and more centrally located than the outboard location of the concept. I have never been able to understand how some can have such a lack of appreciation for glaring differences perceptually. There has to some type of dis-connect in how the brain fails to process this information in some. I had a coworker once tell me the current Mustang and the upcoming Camaro concept look just alike!!! Your comment on this car is almost as outrageous!

I mean seriously, are you kidding me, If you would have read my post, I STATED THE SAME THING YOU JUST SAID! PLEASE don't make judgements about me, and state thing like "People like you" when you do not know me. And just so you know, I have what you call a "Very Critical eye" for design, I kinda want to do this thing called.... drumroll..... A CAR DESIGNER. I clearly stated that the concept had a flatter front, and IN MY OPINION, looked bad and out of proportion with the roundness of the rest of the car. What some don't understand (notice how much better that sounds than "people like you"), some of the things seen in concepts just cannot make it to production, they just can't. I went through the same thing but now I see the light. I'm done. Thank you, Peace out!

EX35
04-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I love automobile forums...people get so worked up over the design of a machine.

Love it or hate it, Infiniti makes some beautiful designs and does an excellent job of moving from concept to production.

People, just relax and enjoy the toys! :rolleyes:

NissLover
04-06-2007, 09:02 PM
^ Agreed!

da99
04-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I just got back from the show and as promised I'm here to give you my impressions of the EX. Pictures will be coming as well, but not till later.
So here it goes.... In a word, STUNNING. The proportions from every angle looked just right and the car looks like it's ready to take on the AutoBahn. While i'm not big on white color cars or light color interiors, on the concept it worked very well. The Infiniti rep I spoke to didn't provide me much more info then what we already know here. They also said they were not allowed to open the hood for engine views. When pressed, I was given a figure of 300hp for the production model, which is right in line with the 290hp+ figure we've already seen. There also will be a steering wheel paddle shift option for the transmission, just like in the G sedan and coupe.

Also there will be some changes to the front and rear fascia's for the production model, but they will be minor changes mostly to meet federal regulations. The headlights and tails will also be changed slightly for the production model. The door handles will be of the traditional handle found on all other Infiniti's. The roof as we all have heard will not make it to production, but there will be a traditional style sunroof available. The lights in the headrest were also show car only and will not make production. The interior will be closer to that found on the current G sedan and coupe then what they showed on the concept. No info on if AWD or RWD w/AWD option would be standard on the production model.

No details on pricing or availability either except for the standard "mid 30k and by the end of year" line we've all heard before. As for when we'd get a look at the actual production model, the answer was "this fall". Seein the EX in person makes me want one even more now. My friend that was with even told me the EX was so "ME" haha So there you have it folks. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I will actually be going BACK to the show on Tuesday, so I'll try to get more info and even more pictures then.

Edit: correct some spelling/grammer errors.

Infiniti driver
04-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the info DA. I wonder how much lighter it will be than the FX35. I'm hoping at least a few hundred pounds.

da99
04-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the info DA. I wonder how much lighter it will be than the FX35. I'm hoping at least a few hundred pounds.

That's a good question and probably one that can't be answered until the actual production model breaks cover. When I go back I could attempt to ask that question and see what kind of answer I get.

Infiniti driver
04-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Sounds good. Thanks DA.

ryan.mccabe.2
04-09-2007, 07:05 AM
I am liking the EX more and more. It doesn't do anything for my wife, who is in love with the G37c. What would Freud say?

da99
04-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Sounds good. Thanks DA.

I asked about the weight and was told that it would weigh "less then the FX does". Other then that the only other piece of info I was able to obtain was that there will be "four different color interior options".

Infiniti driver
04-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks DA

FoFiddy
04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
I am liking the EX more and more. It doesn't do anything for my wife, who is in love with the G37c. What would Freud say? She wears the slacks :P j/k

Honestly visually it's appealling, but does Infiniti need anything smaller than the current FX? yes, yes I heard the FX is getting larger (3rd row totally not necessary). From my own personal experience the FX is just a smidge too narrow which pushed me to the 05 Pathfinder whose 3rd row is pointless and compromises the 2nd row comfort (but I can barrel through anything the weather throws at me here in the northeast and tow 6000lbs). Now that gas already $3/gal and some of the country is still covered in snow makes me question the need for a 300hp cute ute? Nissan needs to get off their asses in the deisle department and crank out an engine like the MB's new 320D E class. the fact that the FX35 gets an epa rating of 1mpg better than my 4.0l 4x4 Path is a bit dissapointing and that is before the 2008 epa rateings take effect. We are talking about a vehicle that slightly out preforms the new Cayanne without any of the SUV goodies like off-roadablilty for around the same money. Lets not mention the anemic 35000lbs towing capacity... Prestige and reliablilty aside. Infiniti better have something impressive for the next gen FX cause Car and Driver is already on its knees fellating Acura for the new MDX. I'm not bashing Infiniti for the FX I'm still inlove with it, but if your going to have a car biased SUV lets see some Carlike fuel economy. Luxury shouldn't be synonomous with wastefullness. I'm not hating I'm just built like I play for the NHL and I've had it with cars I drool over but crack me in the shoulder when I close the door.:caged: That and I have things I'd rather spend my money on than making chromosomally challenged Texans and their ilk more abusrdly rich.

da99
04-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Lets not mention the anemic 35000lbs towing capacity...

35000lbs? Holy crap man, thats nothing, I can tow 45000lbs with my left pinky... lol I'm sorry I know that was a typo but I just had to poke a lil fun... :D

ZYAL8R808
04-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Honestly visually it's appealling, but does Infiniti need anything smaller than the current FX?

Yes. And the answer is not because the FX is getting bigger. It's because Acura has the RDX and BMW has the X3. There is a market segment here that can be profitable. There are people out there that now want entry-level luxury SUVs just like people who want entry-level luxury sedans.

FoFiddy
04-20-2007, 01:01 AM
Doh, missed that extra 0 :D

I'm not arguing there is a market for it with the new entries on the way from VW, Audi, MB, Landrover trying to snag sales from the X3 and RDX. Just like the Murano started this Midsized crossover (tall wagon) trend that everyone has jumped on. I'm just going batsh*t crazy watching prices of vehicles go up and their dimensions shrinking. They are getting smaller but not really more efficient. I'm not crying poverty but for those genetically predisposed to be ogres, your talking 45k for something we can fit in. The FX hasn't really changed that much with exception of the price jumping 1k each model year. Ah, I miss the days when I nissan made Z's that I fit comfortably in.

I am delighted to hear the QX is leaving the F-Alpha platform I'm not knocking the Armada (overpriced). We are long overdue for the Patrol in the states and as I found out after the fact we got gipped on the R51 Pathfinders (weaker rear diff, poor rear suspension, no HIDs, no deisle option) which I was hoping would makeup for not beig able to get the partol here. I can only hope that the option for the oil burner makes it here. I think Nissan was barking up the wrong tree marketing to the Escalade/Navigaytor crowd. I think targeting the LX/GX and LR3 is closer to what Infiniti should have done in the first place. It certainly has the trail cred over the oversized QX56.

NissLover
04-20-2007, 01:45 AM
I could have sworn that cars are constantly getting larger than the car it replaces....... I really haven't seen any shrinking besides the Altima which had room to do so.

ZYAL8R808
04-20-2007, 03:05 AM
Well, to be fair the price increases isn't because Nissan/Infiniti is trying to get fatter. All manufacturers have to give into inflation. It's a fact of life in the corporate world we live in. Don't get me wrong, I too wish some things could get cheaper and better but it just 'aint going to happen.

07G35S
04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
This is definitely a looker, and I'm assuming it can get comparable gas mileage to the G (which is still low, but oh well). Not sure its in the same league as the X3, but only because it will probably be a lot cheaper than the X3. Like the look better than the RDX, which is also a good looking vehicle.

As for the patrol option, I like it more everytime I see it, even though it looks a LOT like a toyota landcruiser. I'm hoping Infiniti brings it at about the same size as a Sequoia and don't mess up the styling. I'd be on board for that!

commonalias
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Looks like a MURANO/G35/FX combo. On drugs. The EX is the new Infiniti red-headed step child. No originality - what a shame. As an FX owner, I'm thoroughly disappointed.