PDA

View Full Version : Wish list and Q & A

AlexF
04-06-2007, 10:47 AM
Since there are still many unknowns about the vehicle, I thought we can start a list of the things that people are thinking about in anticipation, things that would sway your decision towards a purchase of either this vehicle or the competition.

Feel free to add to the list and/or answer any questions from fellow members, I'll start.
1) HP/torque & vehicle weight
2) Available options
3) Price flexibility at vehicle launch (wife's 06' FX35 was purchased for $200 over invoice with almost no haggling)
4) Assembly location (hopefully Japan)
5) Customization potential (performance parts availability from vendors like Stillen, etc.)
6) Color selection

Wish:
1) Memory seating & power tilt/telescoping wheel
2) Tinted rear windows
3) Tiptronic (doesn't look like it from the pics)
4) Moonroof
5) In-dash 6 cd with mp3 capability
6) 0 to 60 in the low 6's

super_call
04-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Since there are still many unknowns about the vehicle, I thought we can start a list of the things that people are thinking about in anticipation, things that would sway your decision towards a purchase of either this vehicle or the competition.

Feel free to add to the list and/or answer any questions from fellow members, I'll start.
1) HP/torque & vehicle weight 290hp/ 3950 lbs
2) Available options Like G Sedan
3) Price flexibility at vehicle launch (wife's 06' FX35 was purchased for $200 over invoice with almost no haggling) Almost None. Just like 07 Sedan
4) Assembly location (hopefully Japan) No Idea
5) Customization potential (performance parts availability from vendors like Stillen, etc.) Of Course - See 07 Sedan
6) Color selection Yes?...

Wish:
1) Memory seating & power tilt/telescoping wheel Yep
2) Tinted rear windows Naturally
3) Tiptronic (doesn't look like it from the pics) Yep
4) Moonroof Yep
5) In-dash 6 cd with mp3 capability Yep
6) 0 to 60 in the low 6's Nope - 290hp/ 3950 lbs

My Guesses - although I saw 290 hp at the launch site

Basically - look at the '07 Sedan for most info and then compare features/ functions/ pricing to the Acura RDX.

I am afraid I am going to love this thing - very afraid:eek:

AlexF
04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
I wish the taillights were not red but tinted, just like on my FX. The back would look much better that way.

ZYAL8R808
04-09-2007, 08:42 PM
My list...

1) Clear taillights with smoked housing
2) Projector headlights
3) 6-speed auto & 6-speed manual
4) Handling the same or better than the FX
5) Built in AUX jack for MP3 player
6) Standard I-Key
7) Standard rearview monitor (optional AVM)
8) Navigation that works in Hawaii (it should since the '07 G Nav works here)
9) Faster than current FX35
10) Same brake setup as the G37
11) One in my garage

Stew24
04-10-2007, 02:57 AM
Here's what I'm hoping for:
1. Laser Red color option
2. 20" wheel option, wider lower profile tires (Really need this one!) .. to
wipe away the ever so light, hint of femininity found in front fender?
3. Something, .. hell anything different, for the tail lights. Hopefully when
the backup lights are integrated into the tail lights it will look better.
The concept has no backup lights that I can find. The little strips on
the lower bumper are red reflectors.
4. Hopefully NO luggage rack on top will be available.
5. Hopefully the tail pipes will be as large as the FX and G35 Coupe, and
they will be under the bumper, and not shooting thru the bumper.
6. Hopefully the lower center of gravity will give it better handling than
the FX, more G Coupe oriented handling.

f1dna
04-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Trunk-storage space?:)

se92692
04-10-2007, 08:06 PM
First year models always make me a bit uncomfortable. Considering all of the problems with the first year G35 Coupe such as excessive brake dust, unacceptable rattles from the sunroof, parcel shelf, mirror, problems with the seat cushions, problems filling the gas tank, gas gauge and the fuel sending unit, failing of the DVD navigation unit and a host of other issues, do you think the EX will be plagued by these kinds of problems? Yes I own a 2003 G35 Coupe and have had most of these problems. Infiniti's quality control leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to Lexus and other luxury car manufacturers.

Hopefully, Infiniti will be better prepared for this model by the time the EX hits the streets in December. There should be plenty of time for feedback and make this a better vehicle. I would like to see the following:

1. The all around cameras should be an option and not a standard feature. They will probably fail over time anyway and I personally can do without that option.
2. Option for 19 or 20 inch wheels, with a brake pad design that DOES NOT produce tons of brake dust.
3. If the EX is going to be available in white make it a brighter white (not ivory) and I want a BLACK interior, not wheat and not light gray.
4. LED taillights. Don't use the color orange anywhere on the rear lens section.
5. In-dash CD player and DVD navigation - preferably one that will not fail after 1 year.
6. Split folding rear seats
7. Gas mileage that is higher than 19 mpg - preferably 23-25 highway.
8. Get rid of the lower strips on the back bumper or make them smaller.
9. DO NOT put the seat controls in the seat cushion.
10. Lighted controls on the steering wheel.

rich/minn
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
First year models always make me a bit uncomfortable. Considering all of the problems with the first year G35 Coupe such as excessive brake dust, unacceptable rattles from the sunroof, parcel shelf, mirror, problems with the seat cushions, problems filling the gas tank, gas gauge and the fuel sending unit, failing of the DVD navigation unit and a host of other issues, do you think the EX will be plagued by these kinds of problems? Yes I own a 2003 G35 Coupe and have had most of these problems. Infiniti's quality control leaves a lot to be desired especially compared to Lexus and other luxury car manufacturers.

Hopefully, Infiniti will be better prepared for this model by the time the EX hits the streets in December. There should be plenty of time for feedback and make this a better vehicle. I would like to see the following:

1. The all around cameras should be an option and not a standard feature. They will probably fail over time anyway and I personally can do without that option.
2. Option for 19 or 20 inch wheels, with a brake pad design that DOES NOT produce tons of brake dust.
3. If the EX is going to be available in white make it a brighter white (not ivory) and I want a BLACK interior, not wheat and not light gray.
4. LED taillights. Don't use the color orange anywhere on the rear lens section.
5. In-dash CD player and DVD navigation - preferably one that will not fail after 1 year.
6. Split folding rear seats
7. Gas mileage that is higher than 19 mpg - preferably 23-25 highway.
8. Get rid of the lower strips on the back bumper or make them smaller.
9. DO NOT put the seat controls in the seat cushion.
10. Lighted controls on the steering wheel.

I do not own a infiniti. I do own a 2007 bmw 530. These are high performabce cars. Part of the high performance, are large brakes. IMO, brake dust is part of the price you pay, for good stoping power. The new infiniti products, have moved the controls from the seat cushion. Like most 4000+ veichels, this car will average around 18 miles per gallon.

f1dna
04-11-2007, 11:59 AM
Will there be a Sport model?;)

helldorado
04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
My wish list...

Curb weight of 3800 lbs or less and 53/47 weight balance or better.
Is basically a tall (*gasp* wagon) version of the G35x in terms of performance and handling.
Shares a lot of the engine, chassis and drivetrain components with the G35 and G37, for ease of modification and aftermarket support.
Stock 19's as the concept, optional 20's. Forged.
No roofrack option, or none available at all.
Comes in more interesting colors like the FX, not the muted ones of the G35. Liquid Platinum!
Has a sport model with minimum of what is included on the G35 sedan sport model.
All the interior features and amenities that the G35 and G37 have.
Panoramic moonroof since the concept roof won't happen.
Somebody comes out with a Supercharger for it. :D

da99
04-11-2007, 04:32 PM
From what I've been told between two visits to the Auto Show and 3 different Infiniti reps... a lot of the stuff you are all asking for will be on the production model. I would respond to each of your wish lists with what will or will not happen but that would take me forever lol.

da99
04-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll start with this list....

My list...

1) Clear taillights with smoked housing - Doubtful at this time
2) Projector headlights - Headlights will be the same bi-xenon lights used on G35/G37
3) 6-speed auto & 6-speed manual - 5 speed auto with paddle shifters
4) Handling the same or better than the FX - will handle like a tall G sedan
5) Built in AUX jack for MP3 player - same audio system as G
6) Standard I-Key - yes
7) Standard rearview monitor (optional AVM) - yes
8) Navigation that works in Hawaii (it should since the '07 G Nav works here) - unknown
9) Faster than current FX35 - will weigh less and use the new VQ so yes
10) Same brake setup as the G37 - unknown
11) One in my garage - can't help u there lol

da99
04-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Next...

Here's what I'm hoping for:
1. Laser Red color option - unknown at this time
2. 20" wheel option, wider lower profile tires (Really need this one!) .. to
wipe away the ever so light, hint of femininity found in front fender? - 20 inchers may be an option, not 100% sure yet
3. Something, .. hell anything different, for the tail lights. Hopefully when
the backup lights are integrated into the tail lights it will look better.
The concept has no backup lights that I can find. The little strips on
the lower bumper are red reflectors. - those strips are the backup lights on the concept, they won't make production
4. Hopefully NO luggage rack on top will be available. - unknown
5. Hopefully the tail pipes will be as large as the FX and G35 Coupe, and
they will be under the bumper, and not shooting thru the bumper. - don't know about the size but yes they will be under the rear bumper
6. Hopefully the lower center of gravity will give it better handling than
the FX, more G Coupe oriented handling. - most likely yes

da99
04-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Next...

1. The all around cameras should be an option and not a standard feature. They will probably fail over time anyway and I personally can do without that option. - AVM will be an option not standard
2. Option for 19 or 20 inch wheels, with a brake pad design that DOES NOT produce tons of brake dust. - as stated before 20 inch may be an option
3. If the EX is going to be available in white make it a brighter white (not ivory) and I want a BLACK interior, not wheat and not light gray. - exterior colors unknown, but 4 different interior options to choose from
4. LED taillights. Don't use the color orange anywhere on the rear lens section. - yes, all Infiniti's use LED tails
5. In-dash CD player and DVD navigation - preferably one that will not fail after 1 year. - same system as in G
6. Split folding rear seats - check
7. Gas mileage that is higher than 19 mpg - preferably 23-25 highway. - similar mileage to G
8. Get rid of the lower strips on the back bumper or make them smaller. - check
9. DO NOT put the seat controls in the seat cushion. - check
10. Lighted controls on the steering wheel. - check

da99
04-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Last but not least...

My wish list...

Curb weight of 3800 lbs or less and 53/47 weight balance or better. - exact weight unknown but it will be less the an FX35
Is basically a tall (*gasp* wagon) version of the G35x in terms of performance and handling. - check
Shares a lot of the engine, chassis and drivetrain components with the G35 and G37, for ease of modification and aftermarket support. - check
Stock 19's as the concept, optional 20's. Forged. - check
No roofrack option, or none available at all. - unknown
Comes in more interesting colors like the FX, not the muted ones of the G35. Liquid Platinum! - unknown
Has a sport model with minimum of what is included on the G35 sedan sport model. - unknown, but do know there will be a RWD base model
All the interior features and amenities that the G35 and G37 have. - yep
Panoramic moonroof since the concept roof won't happen. - undecided at this time, it may get a regular style sunroof or possibly a skyview roof ala Maxima
Somebody comes out with a Supercharger for it. :D - I'm sure someone eventually will