04-06-2007, 07:16 PM
http://www.charliedigital.com/pages/misc/nyias2007/nyias-2007-017.jpg

http://www.charliedigital.com/pages/misc/nyias2007/nyias-2007-034.jpg

http://www.charliedigital.com/pages/misc/nyias2007/nyias-2007-111.jpg

http://www.charliedigital.com/pages/misc/nyias2007/nyias-2007-021.jpg

More pics here: http://www.charliedigital.com/pages/misc/nyias_2007.aspx

rich/minn
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Great pictures.. How does the ex35 look in person? How much passenger space does it appear to have?

NissLover
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Infiniti is officially the luxury car design leader. This thing is beautiful.

CharlieDigital
04-06-2007, 10:42 PM
Great pictures.. How does the ex35 look in person? How much passenger space does it appear to have?
In person, the thing just exudes energy. As I've commented in the other threads, it's like a husky at the sight of the first blizzard of the season: it looks like it just wants to go outside and play :) The disproportionally long snout adds to the incredibly aggressive look of the vehicle and it just looks like a rocket sled.

As for size, it doesn't look much bigger, interior wise, than a G35. I would say that it's somewhere between the G and M, but not nearly as large as my wife's Murano. Trunk space seemed negligible (trunk wasn't popped, but you could tell that it is very small).

Jawad
04-07-2007, 08:12 AM
You can blame the long nose on European Pedestrian safety regulations.

se92692
04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
That reallly looks great! Except for the glass roof, let's hope Infiniti doesn't water it down when the production version hits the streets.

da99
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Trunk space seemed negligible (trunk wasn't popped, but you could tell that it is very small).

You are correct. I managed to get the rep to pop open the back and there really wasn't very much room in the "trunk". I was told that on the production version the back seats would fold down to increase space.

burnside
04-09-2007, 07:20 PM
You are correct. I managed to get the rep to pop open the back and there really wasn't very much room in the "trunk". I was told that on the production version the back seats would fold down to increase space.

This is one of the only things I'm worried about. My wife really likes what she is seeing this car. But with a baby on the way, I would hope we could fit a stroller and extras in the trunk. The trunk space is just looking too small and putting down the seats would not be an option for our family. :(

se92692
04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
There's not a lot of room, but still should be enough, especially if they use split folding seats.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/ny07_infinitiex---30.jpg

ZYAL8R808
04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
There won't be much room back there after you put 2 twelves.

Stew24
04-10-2007, 03:05 AM
Yep, even in my FX, we can't carry half the stuff in the trunk that we can carry in my wife's M35. If this is any smaller than the FX trunk, that will be a real problem for some.

crikey
04-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Yep, even in my FX, we can't carry half the stuff in the trunk that we can carry in my wife's M35. If this is any smaller than the FX trunk, that will be a real problem for some.
That's why we have one of these:
http://www.thuleracks.com/thule/images/products/685.jpg
for long extended trips. And when we don't need to carry stuff, we have a sportscar with a backpack, which is enough for groceries and shopping. If we had to buy something of significant size, we rent a truck or have it delivered.

crikey
04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
This is one of the only things I'm worried about. My wife really likes what she is seeing this car. But with a baby on the way, I would hope we could fit a stroller and extras in the trunk. The trunk space is just looking too small and putting down the seats would not be an option for our family. :(

If your wife packs light, it won't be a problem. We have twins and we had to lug around a double-stroller all the time. We bought a Combi Twin-Savvy that folds compactly and still had enough space for other things. Now, if you buy one of those stroller-car seat systems, that would be difficult. We're not too fond of those systems anyway. Buy stuff individually, not as a system. Like get a good carseat, like Britax or the Sunshine Kids Radian. And then, buy a stroller. We normally didn't bring a pack and play. I think we did once on an extended trip. I know some friends who brought the entire house whenever they leave the house, so they bought minivans. Now the kids are older, they want to get out of their minivans coz they do not utilize the space as often as they did.

ivorypearl
04-23-2007, 11:40 PM
There's not a lot of room, but still should be enough, especially if they use split folding seats.
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2007/04/ny07_infinitiex---30.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the way these pipes sit flush in the bodywork, hope Infiniti decides to keep this...

commonalias
04-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Looks like a MURANO/G35/FX combo. On drugs. The EX is the new Infiniti red-headed step child. No originality - what a shame. As an FX owner, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

da99
04-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I absolutely LOVE the way these pipes sit flush in the bodywork, hope Infiniti decides to keep this...

Sorry to disappoint you, but Infiniti is not keeping it that way. I have been told that on the production model the pipes will hang under the rear bumper and not go thru it as on the concept.

SAPPHIRE_FX45
04-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like a MURANO/G35/FX combo. On drugs. The EX is the new Infiniti red-headed step child. No originality - what a shame. As an FX owner, I'm thoroughly disappointed.

Dude
Something is seriously wrong with you
You copy-pasted same exact comment to 7 different threads
We got your point that you dont like it, but most people do and it fits perfectly in Infiniti line of SUVs/crossovers, especially with upcoming bigger FX

P.S. You did the same thing on FX forum too regarding upcoming FX being too big

Jawad
04-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Whatever. You don't own anything. You registered just to troll around. Glad that you're disappointed and now disappoint your a$$ out of here.

NissLover
04-25-2007, 08:25 PM

I mean seriously, must we be so childish! I bet you are going to love seeing these EVERYWHERE once they hit the market, because they will sell like crazy!

4U4ME
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
almost everyone seen this concept is in love with it
just like G and M
it will be a hit and sell well

ivorypearl
04-27-2007, 09:26 PM
You registered just to troll around. Glad that you're disappointed and now disappoint your a$$ out of here.

Seriously. +1 ^

miata007
05-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Count me not. I don't like the rear end. The rest is cool including the interiors. I wish the G35 coupe/sedans front are as nice.

FxFiles
06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
infiniti designs the most beautiful cars. this is very fx-like, and the fx is the best looking, and best handling, 'SUV' on the street.

but, in what direction is the EX trying to take us? initial specs have it a couple of inches narrower and shorter, and a few inches taller than the FX. i'll have to see it, and drive it, to see if that works. please don't RX the FX and call it an EX! and a bigger FX? who wants that? not hating, just disapointed at this point that it may not be for me. and i was so looking forward to it.

one last thing, i prefer the FX rear quarter panel glass treatment (swoop down) to the murano-ish (angle up) treatment on the EX. pls change that infiniti, the little things count.

burnside
06-11-2007, 11:57 PM
one last thing, i prefer the FX rear quarter panel glass treatment (swoop down) to the murano-ish (angle up) treatment on the EX. pls change that infiniti, the little things count.

I bet they'll get right on that.

btw: the EX is not taller than the FX

IwantToBuyanEX
06-14-2007, 02:39 AM
I was very close to buying an FX at the end of the year until I heard about the EX and feel fairly confident I'll be making the purchase (my first car purchase)

Anyone have any idea when it will come out, other then Fall 07?

Anyone have any idea the price range it will be?

My only hesitation is that the release may drop the current FX07 prices down where it could be a bargain.

Thoughts?

da99
06-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I was very close to buying an FX at the end of the year until I heard about the EX and feel fairly confident I'll be making the purchase (my first car purchase)

Anyone have any idea when it will come out, other then Fall 07?

Anyone have any idea the price range it will be?

My only hesitation is that the release may drop the current FX07 prices down where it could be a bargain.

Thoughts?

Release date will be closer to the end of the year, meaning look for a late November/Early December release.

Pricing is unknown and won't be known until much closer to the release date, but it is expected to start at approx. 33-34K and maybe reach 40k for a loaded top of the line model.

The FX is due for a redesign very soon. Rumors put the redesign as coming perhaps as early as spring next year. I'm sure there will be bargains aplenty on the current FX once it gets closer to being redesigned.

exbikerider
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Looking at these pictures I think they should call it a G25HB or G35HB for hatch back. Then there would be a GnnHBA for all wheel drive, oe GnnHBX for cross country. Call it anything, just bring it on.

satwar
07-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Great looking vehicle but I'm afraid there's going to be quite a line-up if the price is right, which it should be. Definitely on my must see list. Thanks for the information.

I had almost given up hope of finding small luxury CUV with a V6 engine. I thought Lexus was talking about a luxury RAV4, but the idea seems to have been dropped.