PDA

View Full Version : EX Video from Motor Trend

JPH83
04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/new_york/112_0704_2007_new_york_infiniti_ex_concept_unveili ng/ (http://www.motortrend.com/av/autoshow/new_york/112_0704_2007_new_york_infiniti_ex_concept_unveili ng/)

Didnít see it posted.

I wonder what that roof would go for if it was offered as an option.:)

JPH83
04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
http://imgplace.com/directory/dir1243/1176403017_2718.jpg

burnside
04-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Did the car height seem low to you when you saw the video. Or maybe I should ask this question to anyone who actually went to the show. My wife wants the car to be kind of high off the road so that she could see traffic in front of her (at least over the sedans).

JPH83
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Iíll let one of the guys who was at the show talk about the height.

The specs list the height at 63.2Ē and the FX at 65Ē whereas the G35x is listed at 57.8Ē if that helps any.

Here is another video that might help out some.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070406/VIDEO/304070002/1151

http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir1249/1176410372_8762.jpg

da99
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Did the car height seem low to you when you saw the video. Or maybe I should ask this question to anyone who actually went to the show. My wife wants the car to be kind of high off the road so that she could see traffic in front of her (at least over the sedans).

The EX is indeed shorter then the FX but it's taller then most sedans on the road. You can almost think of it as a tall version of the G sedan, many have said it's almost like a tall wagon version of the G. I'm not sure how high off the road your wife wants to be so the only advice I can give you is this... if you are considering buying one for her, have her sit in one when they hit showrooms in December this year.

da99
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Here is another video that might help out some.
http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070406/VIDEO/304070002/1151

Ha, EX aimed at women? There's a lot of guys on this forum correct? Most of those GUYS liked the EX! So who are they trying to fool with this "it's aimed at women" crap? Granted EX is not as aggressive looking as the FX, but I think EX will appeal to many men as well as women! I'm a guy and I sure in hell can see myself driving an EX.

burnside
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks for all the info guys. I can definitely see this car aimed at women, but I would have no problem driving it myself! My wife just loves the look of it. I'm thinking once we test drive it, I'll have to start breaking out my wallet.

Stew24
04-13-2007, 03:53 PM
I think I may have been the first here to say that I had noticed a "hint" of femininity in this vehicle. I think it definitely needs a shot of testosterone, in the form of 20" wheels, or how about open up the front fender wheel well? I can personally tell you, it can be very expensive to land in a car that has an initial impact on you, but later turns out to be something else. I had to get rid of my Nissan Murano because I just couldn't stomach making payments on a vehicle I liked very much, but was wrestling with the image it projected about me, and to everyone else. I had everyone from my co-worker guys (Who were intentionally trying to get to me), .. to innocent little old ladies ... tellin me how they liked my mini-van, and who makes you station wagon? In short, the excitement I saw in the Murano ... was apparently viewed entirely different by most everyone else. Vain, perhaps .. all I know is ... making payments were going against my gut feelings ... even though I actually liked the vehicle.

rich/minn
04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't say the EX is aimed at woman. I think Infiniti is just trying to get more of the woman buyers. Let's face it, the fx is not geared to woman at all. I think the ex, will bring more car buyers in, including woman.

NissLover
04-14-2007, 12:07 AM
I think I may have been the first here to say that I had noticed a "hint" of femininity in this vehicle. I think it definitely needs a shot of testosterone, in the form of 20" wheels, or how about open up the front fender wheel well? I can personally tell you, it can be very expensive to land in a car that has an initial impact on you, but later turns out to be something else. I had to get rid of my Nissan Murano because I just couldn't stomach making payments on a vehicle I liked very much, but was wrestling with the image it projected about me, and to everyone else. I had everyone from my co-worker guys (Who were intentionally trying to get to me), .. to innocent little old ladies ... tellin me how they liked my mini-van, and who makes you station wagon? In short, the excitement I saw in the Murano ... was apparently viewed entirely different by most everyone else. Vain, perhaps .. all I know is ... making payments were going against my gut feelings ... even though I actually liked the vehicle.

LOL, I would have just flipped them the finger and said "Yeah I like it too, It's a Crossover", jokingly of course. But they laughed you into a FX, so you win! Jokes on them. Bet they didn't make anymore comments when you pulled up in that bad boy!:D

da99
04-14-2007, 11:02 AM

Well you've got to keep in mind also that when Murano first hit the streets back in 2002-2003, no one had really seen anything like it. Many people had no idea what to make of it. Was it a mini-van? Was it a wagon? What was this new unique looking vehicle? Of course human nature being what it is, we try to make ourselves feel better by poking fun of it. That's why you were getting all those comments. If you were to drive a Murano now, I bet the reaction would be different, as now they are everywhere and people know what it is.

The EX won't have the same problem because of the path laid out by the Murano. I can understand why Infiniti believes that EX will attract more women then FX does, as I've said the EX isn't as aggressive looking as FX, but from the reactions I saw at the auto show, EX will attract both men and women equally as much, so for Infiniti to flat out say its aimed at women goes against what I witnessed.

rennie4
04-15-2007, 10:08 AM
When I was at the autoshow many comments slithered out of peoples mouths like " Thats a girls car " or " I would get that for my girl " or " I could see my girl in that". Then there were people calling it the new FX. I could'nt stand the people brain deaded comments that I sometimes seemed like an Infiniti spokesman.

da99
04-15-2007, 12:31 PM
When I was at the autoshow many comments slithered out of peoples mouths like " Thats a girls car " or " I would get that for my girl " or " I could see my girl in that". Then there were people calling it the new FX. I could'nt stand the people brain deaded comments that I sometimes seemed like an Infiniti spokesman.

Interesting.... both times when I went to the show, I did not hear any remarks about it being a "girls car" or that it was the "new FX". I did hear remarks about how it looked similar to the FX and about how very cool and sporty looking it was. Some were even disappointed that the roof wouldn't make production.

rennie4
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
After i was done explaining to people that it is not the new FX, I had to point the FX out on the showfloor and let them know that it is a baby FX called the EX. They looked at me and said " oooohhhhh".

JPH83
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
I think they are aiming it at everyone that wants a SUV in this size. To me it looks a lean, sporty and sexy machine, which I believe appeals to both men and women. I really like the looks of it more than the FX and the size is perfect for my needs.

I was planning on selling my G35 Coupe and getting the G37, if it impressed me as much as the G35 did, but now I am looking at maybe keeping it, getting the EX and getting rid of my older SUV.

Of course I need to see the G37 and EX in person after all the final changes are made.

http://imgplace.com/directory/dir1415/1176735354_6619.jpg

JPH83
04-16-2007, 11:15 AM
http://imgplace.com/directory/dir1415/1176735653_6549.jpg

da99
04-16-2007, 12:32 PM
I think they are aiming it at everyone that wants a SUV in this size. To me it looks a lean, sporty and sexy machine, which I believe appeals to both men and women. I really like the looks of it more than the FX and the size is perfect for my needs.

Exactly! It's as if we are of one mind! I will be in the market very soon for a "compact" crossover and the EX fits perfectly with what I've been looking for. Where the Rogue disappointed me, the EX more then made up for it. I just hope the production model isn't too watered down from the concept. The concept is 85% accurate, that means there's 15% that could be different. 15% doesn't seem like a lot but you'd be surprised.

JPH83
04-17-2007, 05:55 PM
15% is a lot and it depends on what 15% they change and what they change it to.

I guess for starters the liquid crystal glass roof panel is gone & the screen for it at the bottom of the console.

Most likely the lights in the headrest wonít make it.
Steering wheel will change I assume.
The door handles will change.

What about the look of the:
Gauges.
Headlights.
Side mirrors.
Tail lights.
Front and rear fascia's.
Tail pipes.
Wheels.
Red reflector strips in back.

I really hope they keep the interior looking closer to the concept instead of the G sedan or coupe.

And if they want to add the 3.7 out of the new G37 Coupe. :D

da99
04-17-2007, 07:14 PM
From what I know.... you are right about some of what will change.

15% is a lot and it depends on what 15% they change and what they change it to.

I guess for starters the liquid crystal glass roof panel is gone & the screen for it at the bottom of the console. - Correct the roof and control screen are goners

Most likely the lights in the headrest wonít make it. - Also correct
Steering wheel will change I assume. - yep, but not too much, just rounded off
The door handles will change. - don't know for sure, but pretty likely

What about the look of the:
Gauges. - I was told the gauges on the concept will be the same as production, somehow i doubt that is correct
Headlights. - closer to the G headlight's
Side mirrors. - no change
Tail lights. - slight changes
Front and rear fascia's. - small changes
Tail pipes. - won't go thru the rear bumper but under it
Wheels. - not decided yet
Red reflector strips in back. - dunno

I really hope they keep the interior looking closer to the concept instead of the G sedan or coupe. - I was told the basic shape of the interior would remain but some things about it will be different, take that for what its worth.

And if they want to add the 3.7 out of the new G37 Coupe. :D - lmao sorry not gonna happen, the 3.7 is going into the next FX

ZYAL8R808
04-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Although we can all agree that the EX is very attractive the fact remains that SUVs in general are being sought after by more and more women. Thus, the stereotype of the EX being a "chick" car. Any stylish SUV will carry that label in many people's minds. I suppose a "manly" SUV would have to be extremely huge and ugly.

commonalias
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Looks like a MURANO/G35/FX combo. On drugs. The EX is the new Infiniti red-headed step child. No originality - what a shame. As an FX owner, I'm thoroughly disappointed.