PDA

View Full Version : ceramic coating for turbo header

matt240sx
03-11-2002, 06:20 PM
Does anybody know of anyone that has a cermaic coating that can withstand the heat of turbo? I've seen many coating that promissed to withstand the heat that just melted off within a couple months. If so where and who much?
Thanks
Matt
HMP Motorsports

ADAM HUTCHINSON
03-11-2002, 06:30 PM
i used that heat wrap..it works ok...sorry don't know about the coating

rextreme
03-11-2002, 06:38 PM
I know this isn't answering your question but I just wanted to put in my $.02 also. I use heat wrap on my turbo also. My manifold is heat wrapped and my turbine has a ceramic pad on it along with heat wrap on top of it. In other words, my whole exhaust side is mummified. It works great though. I think it'd be cheaper than ceramic coating also.

jimc-s13
03-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Some people swear by Swain Technologies coatings. You'd probably be interested in the White Lightning coating. A couple of people on the SE-R list had their turbo manifold and exhaust housings coated with it and were very impressed. A search through the SE-R list archives would probably provide good info.

Swain Technologies (http://www.swaintech.com/)

Jim

matt240sx
03-11-2002, 07:32 PM
I have header wrap on it now. The header wrap seems to get pretty nasty as it gets old. I will probally use a combination of coating and header wrap if I can find a caoting to hold up. I'll look inot the Swain any idea's on cost?
Matt
HMP Motorsports

03-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Swain has a price list on their website.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
03-11-2002, 08:11 PM
Do you guys know if those ceramic coating spray cans Autozone sells work for engines and other miscellaneous items for the engine as in turbo and the manifold and stuff? Anyone ever tried using those? And have you guys tried those Battery Relocation boxes in Autozone as well?

NOSTALGIC_HERO
03-11-2002, 08:41 PM
i would recommend getting the coating done by a local coater, (the guys that do powdercoating locally also do the hot jet coating too..) so i had it done and its been a few months now. No changes, its still in great condition. We'll see but i personally think that it will hold up well for a long time.

JimStinksAtDorifto
03-11-2002, 09:16 PM
The fabric wraps can trap moisture and cause the header/manifold to rust. I suggest Jet-hot, I've heard very good things and might get my stainless, tubular turbo manifold done there.
www.jet-hot.com (http://www.jet-hot.com) Also, their sterling coating gives the header a nice polished look.