PDA

View Full Version : ka24de(t) clutch?

cwdmark
05-06-2007, 08:03 PM
im very familiar with sr20 choices with the clutch, but i can't seem to find any info about aftermarket clutches for ka-t that can hold a decent amount of power. i need it to hold 400 ft-lbs (reliably).

i had an exedy stage 2 in my last sr20, but i cannot find one that is made for the ka. i remember someone saying something about clutchmasters or centerforce but i can't remember anything about it. i had a spec stage 3 at one point as well on my sr20 but i shattered it... and we all know the posts about that clutch with the sr20. does the same thing happen to it with the ka?

thanks mucho! just need a good reliable clutch that can hold power. nothing insane (sub $500). i loved the soft pedal feel in the exedy, it seemed to not shift quite as hard as some clutches i had in the past but the overall experience of it was great.

mark

Prok0
05-06-2007, 10:14 PM
You can buy a spec flywheel for the KA that is drilled for both SR and KA pressure plates and run an SR clutch, which is what im doing..
Spec flywheel, Spec Stage 3+ SR clutch.
So if you liked the Exedy you could just buy that flywheel and run the exact same clutch..

kxmike87
05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
You can buy a spec flywheel for the KA that is drilled for both SR and KA pressure plates and run an SR clutch, which is what im doing..
So if you liked the Exedy you could just buy that flywheel and run the exact same clutch..

not to thread jack but
wondering since your running the SR20 clutch in ka tranny is the input shaft bore the same a sr20 for the throwout bearing to work?

nissanfanatic
05-06-2007, 10:53 PM
I use the ACT HDSS clutch and haven't had slipping problems yet (same clutch since Sept 04')....

doggunracing
05-06-2007, 11:26 PM
White Bunny special. SOHC truck flywheel; it's 240mm. Then you can use 280ZX turbo clutch. I'm using the ACT street which holds 400lb-ft.

cwdmark
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
who sells that flywheel???

not to thread jack but
wondering since your running the SR20 clutch in ka tranny is the input shaft bore the same a sr20 for the throwout bearing to work?
not a thread jack, very good question. is it?

i still have that exedy 3puck in my garage, so this would be perfect.

mark

cwdmark
05-07-2007, 12:50 PM
never mind, found it
http://storesense.megawebservers.com/HS318/-strse-730/*SPEC-Billet-Flywheel-Nissan/Detail.bok

would that make an sr clutch "kit" completely bolt up to ka flywheel (including throwout/pilot bearing?)? also that says flywheel is for 89-94.. would that work on 95+ too?

vale2489
05-07-2007, 01:05 PM
For some reason they don't list the torque specs anymore, iirc I think these were in the range you were looking for
http://www.clutchcityonline.com/nissan_racing_240sx.htm

cwdmark
05-07-2007, 01:43 PM
i had the exedy stage 2 up to 438whp (at the track). shifted great with very little fading/slipping.

SoSideways
05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
never mind, found it
http://storesense.megawebservers.com/HS318/-strse-730/*SPEC-Billet-Flywheel-Nissan/Detail.bok

would that make an sr clutch "kit" completely bolt up to ka flywheel (including throwout/pilot bearing?)? also that says flywheel is for 89-94.. would that work on 95+ too?

IIRC the only differences between the 240sx clutch kits is the TOB.

Go on www.exedyusa.com and find the part numbers for the year your KA is from, and you will know which TOB you will need (for example, the 91-94 has same part number, thus any TOB for 91-94 are interchangable, and I think 95-96 uses the same TOB as the KA-E or something, and then 97-98 went back to the same as 91-94... something weird like that).

elks240
05-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Clutchmasters stage 5, will hold over 500. And the entire clutch package costs about 275. Horsepowerfreaks.com

killab18
05-11-2007, 12:59 AM
you can also run the rb20 flywheel with a 350z clutch. everything works perfectly. gives you a 250mm surface with a lower stage clutch, which gives softer pedal feel.

I went all out and got my setup this way but is capable of holding 700ft tq. you can get a stage 2 that will hold 500tq for the 350 for about $300

cwdmark
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
thanks for the info. i looked around and it does seem that clutchmasters is a really good clutch that holds a lot of power. that stage 5 looked nice, i will keep that in mind if i ever decide to change this car to a strip setup ;) i actually got a stage 3 off someone of this forum, already got it and looks real nice.

thanks for the info on the rb20/350z setup, that sounds awesome! im guessing you could couple that with the 350z tranny swap and build up a very high horsepower drivetrain setup.

CiscoKidRB
05-11-2007, 09:30 AM
thanks for the info. i looked around and it does seem that clutchmasters is a really good clutch that holds a lot of power. that stage 5 looked nice, i will keep that in mind if i ever decide to change this car to a strip setup ;) i actually got a stage 3 off someone of this forum, already got it and looks real nice.

The 1620 Kit is a Stage 4! :26: Glad you like it.